Root Tea Party Or OOC thread

igordragonian12

As for the -1 reputation for Ripley, the only person in the know of that are from the bandit he was facing, the mangooses and him right? Why the minus of reputation with the riverfolk? Did he promised to protect him?

Also, do maintaining my word toward the rabbit doctor and how I being acting should increase my reputation toward the denizens?

He, uh, did have a family. And Ripley met them. This was supposed to be a quick and simple demonstration! Ripley's recklessness, uh, got their husband/father killed. They are...not going to like him. In fact, Ripley is...not going to face them if he can help it. This got wildly out of paw...

2 minutes ago, Miltonian said:

He, uh, did have a family. And Ripley met them. This was supposed to be a quick and simple demonstration! Ripley's recklessness, uh, got their husband/father killed. They are...not going to like him. In fact, Ripley is...not going to face them if he can help it. This got wildly out of paw...

My point is that they dont know how the otter died yet. And Slithers story only mentionned the caravan have being under attack and that he arrived after the attackers were gone.

Soooo... we can still blame it on the unknown attackers/bandits who fled the scene? Right?

1 hour ago, Miltonian said:

We can certainly try!

Well I dont have to lie myself: I wasnt there to see the battle. (EDIT: Heck, even Rikki said they were attacked by thugs calling themselves the Woodland Alliance and didnt mention the injuries to the Otter were 100% Ripley fault). Maybe Igor will agree that the -1 reputation drop with the Riverfolk is prematured and maybe can be salvaged just yet. :steepled: "evil snicker"

(Slithers will have to keep Ripley in check though... That's a lot of destruction Ripley caused lol)

EDIT 2: And imagine setting up history as the moment the Woodland Alliance got to be hated by the Riverfolk Company on the get go from this incident alone lol! If I ever learn the true though... My drive would probably push me in pushing Ripley under the bus. Or I'll have to fight my own driven nature because of it.

Edited by Emmerlaus (see edit history)

Well, the very least, the Riverfolk arent established as a military faction yet.

But on other note- We are basicly in the aftermath of this adventure, so I think it's ok to ask for feedbacks-

What has worked for you and what didnt.

And more specifacly requests for the next adventure, may it be broad or specific.

I have some ideas and modules, but I want to fit it for you guys/gals

4 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

Well, the very least, the Riverfolk arent established as a military faction yet.

But on other note- We are basicly in the aftermath of this adventure, so I think it's ok to ask for feedbacks-

What has worked for you and what didnt.

And more specifacly requests for the next adventure, may it be broad or specific.

I have some ideas and modules, but I want to fit it for you guys/gals

I came in late in the adventure but if you allow me, I'll say a few things:

1) The Seeker class abilities are almost all linked to ruins. Although I had a lot of happiness making a "Indiana Jones" character that was a snake, I realize that going forward, for my character to shine the brightess, we would have to visit ruins for it. I never asked for the other player's opinion on the matter though but I want to point out I have no qualm in changing my character class at any point if visiting ruins isn't fun for the group

2) I am not sure how Ripley being a captain of such a large group of NPC is going to work. Are we going to interact with all of them on a daily basis? Or its more like " they are staying on his ship most of the time but can act as a private army of needed" ?

3) Since Riverfolk arent a militarized faction yet, how about Ripley get -1 with the Denizen faction? Which is the most dangerous faction to lower our reputation from because they will fear us and not protect us if the militarized faction want to prison us or accuse us of crime we didnt commit. It could serve as a warning too to not be "agent of chaos" too much because it doesnt make one life easier as vagabond? (Sorry if it seems harsh but even if Im willing to bail Ripley out of trouble if needed as a team player, I feel like too much troubles will not be group for the group either)

I'm fine with ruin exploring. That might work for Hoop since she likes to gather treasure. Might work for Brixie as she would protect the party

I have a feeling that the big crew will be doing their own thing and eventually leave or betray us. Fun!

Edited by Digodragon (see edit history)

Oooh. Ruin exploring! Now that does sound fun.

As far as Ripley being a captain, well, I assume that either the crew will be doing something else or he'll order them as a unit. Also, they will probably betray us. The mongooses, though? I hope we can keep them alive.

11 minutes ago, Miltonian said:

Oooh. Ruin exploring! Now that does sound fun.

As far as Ripley being a captain, well, I assume that either the crew will be doing something else or he'll order them as a unit. Also, they will probably betray us. The mongooses, though? I hope we can keep them alive.

Same. Miss Rikki is awesome and I dont mind Sandukan being a blowhard that I'll have to win over. Besides, I can remind (taunt) him he let the otter die under his watch so that he MIGHT reincarnate in a snake in his next life LOL :orcgrin: