Session 0: what is next

wrathgon

well, it would be a series of missions to complete tasks that the party wishes to get down.

At the moment you need to:

Find where Wandering Soul is

Find out what happens in detail with future selves and crash

Confirm can get off the planet when entering normal space.

Other things can do:

Look into the lack of magic everywhere but one place

Search for ancient sites where PL 9 equipment would be housed

Explore the timestream around the planet

Cause massive political upheaval (Capt started that on)

Search out AIs to find out what they know or how they can help you( or if will)

Those are just off top of my head :)

If you go the kingdom route it would take away from the freedom of just going off to your own thing as would have duties and responsibilities before could do what you wanted to but the rewards are having greater access to direct ruling of lands which could make some tasks easier.

Well i have never played Kingmaker.

My Take is, you have said as Theo what you know of the time we are about to experience, presumably because we told you thru our future selves.. so therefore techniqually telling ourselves thru you.

We have to decide,whether we stay together and interact,as members of their society, or go our seperate ways and somehow stay in contact,searching for the things we need to..

but i am still unsure if you want us to acknowledge each other or not..

But we can take up roles as citizens or leaders...but Kartesh wont be doing any of it, until he understands it all.

With the current rhetoric, and the other thing, Prax would be put off of such an arrangement.
How she feels... would need to be weighed vs the resources and progress to her own goals. I presume there is a great deal of overlap between her goals and the island.
Hrm... I think its the idea of working FOR them, instead of working WITH them. Gives an impression of compulsion.
She is positioned for it, likely have to feel it out.

So once again are there cross overs between in the SIM and here?

Like what were our day to day duties... I understand Engineers, would have jobs, as would Politicians.

But what does a technomancer do for a job,or a puppeteer? these contribute to 6 Terms of my 8 terms or 24 years.

Do they actually help society or themselves? or just study...

My reason for asking this,is the SIM was training ,for this world we would come into.

Being a Knowledge Consumer, Kartesh would have eaten up ,all he could on the History first,Cultures!,Ecconomics,threats.

So he would discover things perhaps about the Infected or whats happened with previous escape attempts, and robots etc..

He would've researched about the various Meta Humans and Infected.,if that were at all in any book or database available..

to give a him knowledge.

Otherwise If this is all new Knowledge to me.. I guess i would be looking to ask where their libraries and researchers reside within the vault.

As stated the posted website i have created is all the info you find over time without any in-game playing. The infected info is there they are the number one threat of the world but even with them the races still war for resources, lands, tech etc had have left the Infected alone for years until vaulters push them back.

I have posted the limited free time you would have had in the SIM to apply for anything outside the studies of the careers.

You ask, Like what were our day-to-day duties...  if talking about in the SIM? Each 4-year term was a different placement like an army placement, you would have various duties you have to do depending on where you were placed. Some would support building, repairing, and researching, while others would be direct combat support with troops on the front line. You wouldn't have much time to do anything other than do what you have signed up to do for the 4 years. The SIM glosses over any free time as this is a training program, but you can force it give me a few days a years as rest for you tired mind to do something else, which is what the downtime post is about.

The only term you would have full downtime if you took drifter.

You DONT have to do anything if that is what you want it to be but you don't live in a vacuum, you need to eat, pay rent, and live. You cant live on the Ship (the reason will become clear when you get back to it) and so you have to pay for these things and that takes money and how do you get money? Well, a job. Not that you or anyone else has any saved credit, but even if did those credits are not valid here so got to make a living.

I mean you can just live in the wildness like a hermit if that's the route you want to take, good luck getting any of your equipment charged though.

Yeah but understand i had before the conversion 700,000 creds. and not including whatever money i did have on me before i went into the SIM.

So that is a Break down of 560K + 40K and 100K , now broken down into these brackets.. 28K,28K for the magic shop,4k and 10k (Totalling 70k)

So min i can spend in the magic shop is 28k.

And Yes! doesn't answer my question as it had two parts to it.

First part asked if i have unspent sim creds ,do they exist once i come out?

or

Must they be spent inside the Sim,or are lost.?

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

11 hours ago, cheezal said:

Yeah but understand i had before the conversion 700,000 creds. and not including whatever money i did have on me before i went into the SIM.

So that is a Break down of 560K + 40K and 100K , now broken down into these brackets.. 28K,28K for the magic shop,4k and 10k (Totalling 70k)

So min i can spend in the magic shop is 28k.

And Yes! doesn't answer my question as it had two parts to it.

First part asked if i have unspent sim creds ,do they exist once i come out?

or

Must they be spent inside the Sim,or are lost.?

Note u just HAVE TO spend 50% of the rewards you got from that career in shop. You can spend more if wish.

and I did answer YES you have credits not spend and YES you they work outside SIM.