Session 0: what is next

wrathgon

so I need to be told of this idea of session 0 to gage where the players and Dm want to see the game go so I thought I get some input for you all( yes even you lurking @Sohala)

This setting is mostly empty. I will be filling it as we play, if anyone wants to flesh out any of the race's lands(elves dwarves trolls dwarfs and the mysterious lizard people) you are welcome to.

So there is a lot of space here to play in so some direction for me to prepare what is next would help.

So there are three settings: Shadowrun where you would be effectively runners doing jobs against the big crops corp spying on one another between races or even each other big business to get products to market.

Gamma World: Max Mad End of World with a band of roaming mutant gangs or killer robots got crazy with no purpose. Exploding old burn-out bases or going underground to the metal tunnels to find the loose tech from ages ago and try not to blow yourselves up in the process.

PF: closer to normal PF adventuring on only landmass with magic and all tech stops, would be a combo of magic and tech items discarded unable to be used on the landmass.

Now the main plot: get off this planet or be prepared to get off when the planet comes back into normal space in about 18 years.

Right now you need to find:

Time jump Ring: drop in an entry over the ocean

puddle jumper: drop over the ocean

necromancer fighter: drop over the ocean

Their beacons should be active unless someone removed them or is blocking them....

The other 2 projects are:

Capt wants to be known for his SOC as a wizard and plans in place to try to make that happens. That just makes things easier to get things done here.

To build a multiple merging ship from the rewarded ships from careers. This may take many years to complete and the first step is to get the AI that assigns the ship to agree to change the stock ship and follow nonstandard ship building.

But after the above what else are you looking to run?

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Well you know Jake's pet project that he is aiming towards so he will want to take steps to try and work towards making that happen, which I know will require multiple quest all around the world to get certain entities attention.

Obviously he will need to figure out if he can trust his wife with his secret. If she would even want to leave with him when they go.

Make awesome plans on how they will work out getting the shard from the world ship without Gods coming after them and blasting them from existence.

Figure out how to create interoperability between this world's old high level tech and his fighter ship if he finds it to make sweet ass upgrades to it. Obviously will have to make nice with Zora without causing his wife wanting to cut a bitch. Of course make his new ship he gets on this new planet to be as kickass as he possibly can when it's not merged with the others.

Probably try to keep from getting killed by the two Troll clans that want him dead.

Lastly just be awesome while irritating the Old Man any chance he gets.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)

So the Gamma World setting probably fits with Farhvan's general goals better both in terms of finding useful stuff that they can take with them and also a decent means of genuinely helping people out. The PF setting could be interesting from a character perspective since he'd have to rely on his biotics to a much higher degree though the limitations would be pretty rough for our characters as currently designed.

General goals though: Looking for enhanced medical/rejuvinating tech and biological means of sustainable life extension. Keeping everyone alive. (Seriously though, I don't have strong feelings on the direction overall).

Other side projects that are possible. Why is there only magic in one part of the world from the understanding that you've been given? Either there's magic everywhere or nowhere. Obviously, something is suppressing its outside. The area is a gods, is it knowledge? Is it little green men? I figured that only one of you would want to spend any time on the magic continent because you lose all of your tech and most of you are very reliant on your Tech.

All of the unfound coolest Tech is on the ancient lands where all the mutant robots and radiation is.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Tie the ENEMY to the encounters for the ship parts.

Escaping with SO. Willing to look at a larger escape plan for the masses.
Likely look at the Ancient Lands, maybe interacting with the bots there.
The secrets of Prima would be an option, magic coexisting with tech instead of being dead zones.

Obtain Time Metal.
Shield from magic tech.
An independent AI supporting capable computer and the means to power and transport it.

On 8/8/2023 at 7:59 PM, wrathgon said:

I figured that only one of you would want to spend any time on the magic continent because you lose all of your tech and most of you are very reliant on your Tech.

Yeah I'm mostly inclined to agree here BUUUUUUUT I was just brainstorming that it might be a decent character development opportunity since Farhvan, while at a large disadvantage, does have some non-tech based options due to Biotics. Definitely wasn't putting it forward as top priority though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...