Chapter 01e: When Home Burns (Evacuation!)

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

On This Magetag, the 23rd Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Tuesday, March 23, 351 AC)

The 3rd Day of the Campaign - Late Afternoon, Nearly Evening

The Crowd—Village Square

Whilst Mery gives an impassioned speech, it falls flat—perhaps her speculation that it flew over the heads of Vogler’s simpler folks was correct, but who knows?

Coltan, despite displaying the power of Reorx, seems to fail to catch the village’s awe, as well. Perhaps they were expecting a god to protect them and repel their enemies, rather than tell them to flee?

Modri tries a different tack, looking like a tough bouncer. He at least doesn’t look silly, but doesn’t quite look as intimidating as he needs to . . . just not quite enough.

Merituuli completely chokes. But Mery comforts him.

Artanis, however, appearing every bit the Knight of Solamnia that he is, cuts an inspiring figure and finally pulls the crowd’s attention in.

Hunni adds to the panic, somewhat.

Decimus follows up, and with a little musical help from Mery, clinches it and brings the crowd under control for the Mayor and convinces them.

But not before Bakaris the Younger gets up on a plinth on the other side of the square and attempts to sway them, himself. MY subjects!” he begins, “Would you listen to these silly foreigners?! These so-called ‘Heroes of High Hill’ were enough to repel the first wave of the attack! Now imagine if you all took up arms for me and my father and defended my town from these silly ‘invaders’! If you all work together, you could easily repel the rest of them and my father and I wouldn’t have to flee . . . an–and neither would you!”

Bakaris, however, quickly discovers that his words utterly fail to convince the mob.

Someone shouts, “You stupid, ignorant shit! That’s not some group of mercenaries marching towards us!”

When you look, you see one of the town elders who was in the room with you when you reported the army to the Mayor.

“That’s an entire army! Our illustrious Heroes of High Hill scouted for us and discovered that there are over 1,000 soldiers marching towards us. If every man, woman, and child in Vogler killed even one—as laughable as that sounds—before being killed themselves, 600 of them would be left to burn our village and our corpses. It’s about time this proud village stopped listenting to you and your stupid father. Now behave, like the rest of us, and get on the boats to evacuate—boats that the Heroes of High Hill have prepared for us, no less!”

“Thank you, Jarnathan,” Mayor Raven said to the older gentleman, “People of Vogler, please return to your homes, pack what you can carry—no more than one case per person—and then make your way to the warf in an orderly fashion. We still have some time, but not a lot. I don’t want any delays or injuries.”

Slowly, but steadily, the villages’ 400 residents start filing out with purpose, but calmly and orderly.

Ser Becklin and Cudgel come up to you and Mayor Raven.

“Mayor Raven,” Cudgel says, “I would like happily report that the remains of the Ironclad Regiment—all 304 I have left—are in place just north of the village without a hitch. That Dragon Army will have a tough time getting through us! We can’t defeat them, but we can buy you some time—don’t waste it. If luck be on our side, we won’t have to fight at all. Even if they know they can take us, they might not want to risk the sheer attrition we might inflict upon them! Vogler is no easy target, now!”

“How are preparations for the evacuation,” Ser Becklin asks—she’d gone with Cudgel to help get the Ironclad Regiment moved.

The Mayor thanks them and gets them up to speed.

“I’ll be joining my old adventuring comrade,” Ser Becklin explains. “I hope that if the enemy sees a Knight of Solamnia on the field, they’ll hesitate to provoke the knighthood. We’ve set up a rear command tent near the River Gate. We’ve posted a messenger there so the village can send word to her troops as needed.”

Defenders of Vogler.

This plan leaves the village and its escape operation undefended except for the handful of remaining militia members and a few tough fishers. Becklin and Cudgel ask the characters and Darrett to remain in the village with the mayor. They want to ensure that if any enemies get past the Ironclad Regiment, the villagers have protection.

Becklin’s Request

Ser Becklin pulls Artanis aside. “Ser Artanis,” she says, a hand firmly on his shoulder and a serious look in her eyes. “When you reach Kalaman, I need you to give this sealed scroll to the Governor of Kalaman.” When he looks at it, it has two seals on it—Ser Becklin’s personal seal, and the seal of the Kinghts of Solamnia. “There is also a large wooden box under my bed in Thornwall Keep. Please fetch the box and give it to Darrett once he safely escapes town with you . . . and finally, you have a prisoner who is potentially a valuable source of information for us in the coming conflict. I will leave her fate in your hands. This is a war, Ser Artanis—if she needs to be executed to prevent her rejoining her troops, your honor will not be stained. She knew that fate could befall her when she surrendered . . . but, it is you who will need to carry it out as she surrendered her arms to you. But if you wish to spare her and take her with you, that would be the righteous thing to do, too. I’ve instructed the guards at her door to do as you direct.”

With that, she rejoins the group and bids you farewell. Placing her horned helmet upon her head, she leaves with Cudgel.

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 19 (Chainmail, Shield +1) | HP: 14/22 (0 THP) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis watches the crowd teetering on the edge with hidden nerves. He worries that Mery's words are pitched for a Palanthian crowd, rather than that of Vogler, and poor Kai seems only nervous for how he conducts himself around them. Though public speaking is not for everyone, especially amongst a people not your own he supposes. Luckily Mery recognises that her words failed to have the desired effect, and inspires Decimus who seems to have just the right thing to say - simple and to the point, like the town of Vogler. He's proved right moments later when the town's own residents shout down the young Barakis, saving anyone else the effort of listing his stupidities - starting with his father's survival denying him the Barony for now. Crisis averted, he lets loose a sigh of relief as the townsfolk begin to gather their goods, and wheels Tiergan around towards Cudgel and Ser Becklin. It seems the good news is flowing fast as the Ironclads have moved into position as well!

"Excellent Ser Becklin," Artanis replies with absolute faith in her ability, "I'm sure a Knight of Solamnia leading the defence will make them think twice. The Order was forged to face great odds, and yet prevail!"

As Ser Becklin pulls him aside and her expression turns serious however, Artanis frowns, dropping down from his horse adroitly. He takes the troll and tucks it beneath his tabard. "On my honour, I will ensure its arrival," he promises concisely, before listening to the rest of her words. His frown only deepens as he senses the intention behind these requests - beside him Tiergan snorts in a mirror of his emotions. "I will convey the box to Darrett as well, though I shall expect you to explain him its contents when you join us in Kalaman," he warns, not giving voice to the possibility of her death lest it prove prophecy. Well he remembers the stories of knights heading for their final stand and in so all but guaranteeing it will be. "As for Lieutenant Folkarth, this is a heavy burden, but one I understand I must bear. I hope it does not come to that."

Before she turns to leave, he clasps a mailed hand around her forearm tight, and looks into her eyes with sincere gaze. "Thankyou, Ser Becklin, for your faith in me." He holds a moment longer, before swinging himself back up onto Tiergan and trotting off, wetness tinging his eyes. "Right, let's get these boats organised then," he announces to no-one in particular.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 5) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/3 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 47/44 (3d12+9+6+3) | Speed: 25'
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Hit Die: 2/3d12 | Rages: 1/3 | Magic Awareness: 1/2

Modri is relieved to see the town side with the Mayor. That noble brat... Modri's for the most part been content to simply ignore him, not worth the time to stress about. He's starting to be a real itch-in-the-arse, and one more stepping out of line and the Dwarf will have words.

He holds it in... for now.

As the settle into their respective places, as the evacuation gets under way, Modri's arms are cross, a deep frown in his face. "Just going to say it. I really hope that the traitorous mercenaries were the worst of the bunch, and the Lieutenant's men were their best. I was knocking aside the traitors on that hill without a proper weapon, laughing at them the whole time. That soldier that got me with the flaming blade?" He pulls his vest to show a gnarly new scar. "That was a real blow."

He sighs a bit, resigning himself to wait until if... perhaps when... they're needed. "You did a good thing, Mayor. You're the right one for the job."

OOC

-

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 3 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 25/25 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+5)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 4/4 2nd 0/2 | Bardic Inspiration: 0/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

Mery watches the proceedings closely, paying particular attention to the exchange between Ser Becklin and Ser Artanis. As the young knight mounts his horse and appears ready to trot off on Tiergan, she calls out to him, “Please wait, Ser Artanis! There is urgent news yet you need to hear.”

Modri's words about traitorous mercenaries then further underscore the urgency of sharing what she knows. Gesturing her companions to circle around her so she can talk to them all while keeping her voice down, she says, “I went to Ser Becklin earlier because when we were introduced to Cudgel's man Jeyev earlier today, I got a very strong read on him that he's hiding something and he's trouble." She then goes on to explain everything from her failed attempt to warn Cudgel about Jeyev to the arguments she made to Ser Becklin and her belief that she was able to persuade Ser Becklin to take her warnings seriously despite the lack of hard evidence against the man. "I think she's handed this message to Ser Artanis instead of Darrett so she can keep the heat from Jeyev and anyone else working with him on herself and Darrett, giving an extra layer of protection to both Ser Artanis and the delivery of this message. I think there would be some value in trying to find Jeyev while the evacuation is going on and keep him from causing trouble. I'll volunteer for that task, given I'm the sneakiest of us, but frankly, I think the rest of you might have some good ideas about how we might best proceed during the evacuation given there is reason to suspect at least one more traitor within the Ironclads.”

She then nods to Ser Artanis that he can go now. He obviously needs to get Ser Michelle to the boats and pick up the box intended for Darrett, so probably won't be assisting them with the Ironclads, but she feels better knowing he now knows to be on guard should he happen to encounter Jeyev at or near Thornwall Keep.

OOC

Action -

Bonus Action: -

Movement -

Mount Action -

Mount Movement -

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

17 arrows in quiver, 1 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (2/2 slots): invisibility, heat metal

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 26/26 (hd 3d8) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni likewise seems pleased that the villagers didn't listen to the stupid nobleman, although she mostly seems to regret not giving him fleas when she had the chance.

As they talk afterwards, she can be heard humming Mery's tune quietly to herself.

"Kalaman, Kalaman. Why does that name seem familiar?" she asks herself, thoughtfully. "Oh! Master Wyham lives there! Or, at least, he did, I think. He's probably still there. Why do I know that?" more confused than anything, she wonders aloud.

Oh, well. Decimus will probably know. She should ask him when they have some spare time, since it seems that's the direction her new friends are going anyway.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10 + cha) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Improved Pact Weapon varies, usually whip (+1 to hit, damage, spell focus)

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 4) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

Staff of the Python (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d6 +3) bludgeoning damage.
Versatile: (1d8 +3) bludgeoning damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Normally Staff of the Python, but also always Pact Weapon.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2, cast at 2nd level

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 2nd level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant, Blur
  • Invocations:  Improved Pact Weapon, Agonizing Blast

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13 [+ 3 Bladesinging][+5 Shield]  | HP: 13/21 | Speed: 40 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Stealth: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Nature: +3
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]

| SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V S
Duration: 1 round
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level <2/4>
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk1st Level Conjuration
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 30 Feet
Target: An unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range
Components: V S M (A drop of mercury)
Duration: 1 Hour
Classes: Wizard
Description: This spell creates a circular, horizontal plane of force, 3 feet in diameter and 1 inch thick, that floats 3 feet above the ground in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range. The disk remains for the duration, and can hold up to 500 pounds. If more weight is placed on it, the spell ends, and everything on the disk falls to the ground. The disk is immobile while you are within 20 feet of it. If you move more than 20 feet away from it, the disk follows you so that it remains within 20 feet of you. It can move across uneven terrain, up or down stairs, slopes and the like, but it can’t cross an elevation change of 10 feet or more. For example, the disk can’t move across a 10-foot-deep pit, nor could it leave such a pit if it was created at the bottom. If you move more than 100 feet from the disk (typically because it can’t move around an obstacle to follow you), the spell ends.

Tash's Hideous Laughter1st Level Enchantment
Components: V S M (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Classes: Bard, Wizard
Description: A creature of your choice that you can see within range perceives everything as hilariously funny and falls into fits of laughter if this spell affects it. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or fall prone, becoming incapacitated and unable to stand up for the duration. A creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or less isn’t affected. At the end of each of its turns, and each time it takes damage, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. The target has advantage on the saving throw if it’s triggered by damage. On a success, the spell ends.

Identify1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Range: Touch
Target: One object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell
Components: V S M (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Wizard
Description: You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.

Detect Magic1st Level Divination
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any. The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.

Absorb Elements1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 Reaction, which you take when you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage
Components: S
Classes: Artificer, Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: The spell captures some of the incoming energy, lessening its effect on you and storing it for your next melee attack. You have resistance to the triggering damage type until the start of your next turn. Also, the first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 damage of the triggering type, and the spell ends. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Charm Person1st Level Enchantment
Target: A humanoid you can see within range
Classes: Bard, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You attempt to charm a humanoid you can see within range. It must make a Wisdom saving throw, and does so with advantage if you or your companions are fighting it. If it fails the saving throw, it is charmed by you until the spell ends or until you or your companions do anything harmful to it. The charmed creature regards you as a friendly acquaintance. When the spell ends, the creature knows it was charmed by you.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Comprehend Languages1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Components: V S M (A pinch of soot and salt)
Classes: Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you understand the literal meaning of any spoken language that you hear. You also understand any written language that you see, but you must be touching the surface on which the words are written. It takes about 1 minute to read one page of text. This spell doesn’t decode secret messages in a text or a glyph, such as an arcane sigil, that isn’t part of a written language.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
2nd-Level <2/2>
Misty Step2nd Level Conjuration
Casting Time: 1 Bonus Action
Components: V
Description: Briefly surrounded by silvery mist, you teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space that you can see.

Shadow Blade2nd Level Illusion
Components: V, S
Duration: ConcentrationUp to 1 minute/em>
Description: You weave together threads of shadow to create a sword of solidified gloom in your hand. This magic sword lasts until the spell ends. It counts as a simple melee weapon with which you are proficient. It deals 2d8 psychic damage on a hit and has the finesse, light, and thrown properties (range 20/60). In addition, when you use the sword to attack a target that is in dim light or darkness, you make the attack roll with advantage.
If you drop the weapon or throw it, it dissipates at the end of the turn. Thereafter, while the spell persists, you can use a bonus action to cause the sword to reappear in your hand.
At Higher Levels When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the damage increases to 3d8. When you cast it using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the damage increases to 4d8. When you cast it using a spell slot of 7th level or higher, the damage increases to 5d8.

The Wizard feels awkward delivering his brief speech, but when Mery sings, he feels empowered, almost believing what he is saying, and that empowerment grows when he realizes that the people were seemingly swayed by their words, an experience unlike ever before. When the Junior Bakaris is verbally trampled, Decimus feels gratified at the fact they have done a thoroughly good job. When Becklin pulls Artanis aside, the rest oversee the people milling about, readying the evacuation, Modri announces his disdain at the performance of the mercenaries, a sentiment to which Decimus quite agrees with. The traitors had attacked with every advantage and they still managed to overcome those odds.

"Ser Cudgel seems to run a tight ship, I can only hope that those without backbones are the ones who chose to betray her..."

He peers at the wound and grimaces slightly, it is much worse that the slight burn he had received during the climb.

"I think when we reach Kalaman, I should see if we can find any Spellcasters for me to learn some armor spells to keep you out of trouble..."

He thinks of his old Spellbook and shuts his eye, taking a long, deep breath trying to will away the frustration with that whole situation. By the time they reach Kalaman, he will have likely transposed all of the spells over to the new book, but it had been an experience he did not wish to repeat. Hearing Hunni mumbling to herself, he turns to face his smallest friend.

"Looks like we'll be moving on to our next step of our Mage Circle initiation soon, as long as things go smoothly here..."

With the talk of the betrayal, and the secrecy with which Mery had been acting with, he could not help but feel as though bad things were coming their way.

spacer.png

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 3 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 19 (Splint armor +2 Shield) | HP: 31/31 (3d8+9+3) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan watches with concern as he and his companions attempt to sway the villagers to abandon their homes. He wasn’t certain it worked until Jarnathan shouted the ineffective rake.

Listening to Mery’s suspicions, he volunteers, “I’ll join you to the Command Tent at the River Gate. We can decide there if we want to directly to where Cudgel’s regiment is or Thornwall. Maybe both using the Gnomeflinger” Seeing the others survive being flung, the smith is now confident enough to try it.

”If you don’t want to walk your horses at the pace of a dwarf, I’ll catch up to you.” He offers

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 2 bludgeoning damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/4 | 2nd 0/2

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

• Identify (V,S,M) Ritual. You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.
  • Searing Smite (V). The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
  1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

2nd-Level Spells Prepared

• Heat Metal (V,S,M) Concentration. Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again. If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
  • Magic Weapon (V,S) Concentration. You touch a nonmagical weapon. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls.
  • 6. Spiritual Weapon (V,S) Bonus. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Artisan's Blessing. You conduct an hour-long ritual that crafts a nonmagical item that must include some metal: a simple or martial weapon, a suit of armor, ten pieces of ammunition, a set of tools, or another metal object (see chapter 5, "Equipment," in the Player's Handbook for examples of these items). The creation is completed at the end of the hour, coalescing in an unoccupied space of your choice on a surface within 5 feet of you.  The thing you create can be something that is worth no more than 100 gp. As part of this ritual, you must lay out metal, which can include coins, with a value equal to the creation. The metal irretrievably coalesces and transforms into the creation at the ritual's end, magically forming even nonmetal parts of the creation. The ritual can create a duplicate of a nonmagical item that contains metal, such as a key, if you possess the original during the ritual.

Date

On This Magetag, the 23rd Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Tuesday, March 23, 351 AC)

The 3rd Day of the Campaign - Early Evening

The Crowd—Village Square

Ser Becklin gives Darrett a few orders, a salute that he returns, and then heads off with Cudgel. Darrett heads towards the wharf with the Mayor.

Ser Artanis, Coltan, and Mery—and whoever else wants to go—head back towards Thornwall Keep to retrieve the box Ser Becklin requested as well as your prisoner, in the case of Ser Artanis, and to check where Jeyev is, in the case of Mery and Coltan. The three spit off at the fork in the road heading towards the River Gate and up to the tower.

Ser Artanis at Thornwall Keep

When Ser Artanis and Modri (and any others, if any) enters the keep’s foyer,

they can hear voices up on the third floor.

Jeyev Veldrews   “ . . . here to get you out! Your commander better have a bag and a half of gold for me when I get you back to them,” you a man’s voice—you quickly recognize it as Jeyev’s. “Get up! Come on!”

Lt. Dame Michelle Folketh   “Unhand me, you honorless mercenary cur!” you hear the voice of the lieutenant.

“This is not the time for jokes, lieutenant,” Jeyev growls dangerously. “We don’t have time, and I’m not going to waste it arguing with a stupid, stubborn shrew! Now get up, or I’ll drag you out of here by that scraggly blonde hair of yours kicking and screaming. It doesn’t matter to me.”

“I may be unarmed, but it’s your funeral if you underestimate me, you disgraced oath-forsaker!” Lieutenant Folketh, barks back. “I am in the custody of the Knight of the Greenshield, Ser Artanis Brightblade, and unlike you, I shan’t scoff nor flout the conditions of my surrender! If the town is overrun, the Knight of the Greenshield dies or abandons his custody, and my men rescue me, then, and only then shall I return to my duty. Until then, I shall stay right here. I see none of my men here, and as an officer—and more importantly, as a knight—it is beneath my station and my honor to attempt escape.”

With a loud clank, you hear a gauntlet-clad glove smack her. “F*** your useless honor, you stupid bitch! A man can live a minute or two without air, a few days without water, a few weeks without food, but an entire lifetime without honor. F*** honor and f*** you! Now get up and OOOF!”

As you look up to the third floor, you see Jeyev crash against the thick, stone railing separating him from a 50-foot fall.

Doo Dhupih BivYou Stupid Bitch!” Jeyev says, holding his face—and you can see blood dripping down his hands in rivulets—Doo vwog wai dozeYou broke my nose!”

From your vantage point, you can barely see the lieutenant standing in the doorway of the room Ser Becklin locked her in with her hands on her hips, looking murderous. She hocks a mouthful of loogie and spits a huge wad of bloody spit at him. You hear one of her teeth plink off his armor. As he gets up, she takes up a fighting stance to defend herself. “You have approximately 10 seconds to try to vanquish me, cur,” she says with a smile, seeing you all headed up, “. . . If you can!”

Jeyev jumps to his feet and slashes at her with his sword. She leaps over the strike, flips on his shoulders and lands on the stone railing, facing him, giving his head a spinning kick. She maintains her stance. He slashes at her again, earning himself another kick as she flips back into her room and kicks him at the railing again.

For the first time, you hear her cry out as he gets a lucky strike in with his sword, but another clang of armor sounds as he’s launched out of the room and into the hall again. When he gets up, he notices Artanis and tries to lie. “Oh! Gods be praised! The prisoner’s trying to escape! She killed these two guards! Help me subdue her!”

There are indeed two dead guards at the door. However, the same key on the ring that you saw Ser Becklin lock the door with is now hanging off Jeyev’s belt loop.

“Ser Artanis! Modri!” Ser Michelle, says from within her room, “Help me as you promised . . . please!” Although she tries to turn it into a request, you can tell she’s used to commanding others with practiced ease—and you both feel almost compelledSee note below about “Assault Orders”, in OOC, below.! You can see that she’s got a bloody gash on her side where his sword slashed her. Her blue dress—Ser Becklin’s—is slashed there and soaked through with oozing blood.

In the distance, you can just begin to hear the collective clash of armor, swords, yelling, fighting and the marching of an army inching closer and closer to Vogler.

Statblocks
  • Jeyev Veldrews. Armor Class 15 (studded leather) | Hit Points 65/65 (10d8 + 20) | Speed 30 ft. | STR +2, DEX +3, CON +2, INT +2, WIS +0, CHA +2 | Saving Throws Str +4, Dex +5, Wis +2 | Skills Athletics +4, Deception +4 | Senses passive Perception 10
    • Reactions: Parry. Jeyev adds 2 to his AC against one melee attack that would hit him. To do so, Jeyev must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon (he is).
  • Lt. Dame Michelle Folketh. Armor Class 12 | Hit Points 39/65 (10d8 + 20) | Speed 30 ft. | STR +3, DEX +2, CON +2, INT +1, WIS +2, CHA +1 | Saving Throws Dex +4, Wis +4 | Skills Athletics +5, Perception +4 | Senses passive Perception 14
    • Draconic Devotion. While the officer can see a Dragon that isn’t hostile to it, the officer has advantage on attack rolls.

• Assault Orders (Recharge 5–6). The officer shouts orders and targets up to two other creatures within 60 feet of itself. If a target has the Draconic Devotion trait and can hear the officer, the target can use its reaction to make one melee attack.

Mery and Coltan at the River Gate

Right about when Mery and Coltan (and anyone that goes with them) walk through the River Gate,

they can hear the loud, unmistakable clash of armor and fighting coming from the barred windows of the keep towering above them.

Hooded Figure   Pounding hooves sound as a mercenary of the Ironclad Regiment rides toward the River Gate. As she nears, she yells, “They’re coming! Evacuate now! The Dragon Ar—” The message is cut short as a squat, hooded figure launches from the nearby clifftops and slams into the rider’s back, sending horse and rider tumbling.

In the far distance, you can just begin to hear the collective clash of armor, swords, yelling, fighting and the marching of an army inching closer and closer to Vogler.

Statblocks
  • Baaz Draconian. Armor Class 14 (natural armor) | Hit Points 22/22 (4d8 + 4) | Speed 30 ft. | STR +1, DEX +0, CON +1, INT –1, WIS –1, CHA +0 | Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 9
    • Controlled Fall. When the draconian falls and isn't incapacitated, it subtracts up to 100 feet from the fall when calculating the fall's damage.
    • Death Throes. When the draconian is reduced to 0 hit points, its body turns to stone and releases a petrifying gas. Each creature within 5 feet of the draconian must succeed on a DC 11 Constitution saving throw or be restrained as it begins to turn to stone. The restrained creature must repeat the saving throw at the end of its next turn. On a success, the effect ends; otherwise the creature is petrified for 1 minute. After 1 minute, the body of the draconian crumbles to dust.
    • Draconic Devotion. While the draconian can see a Dragon that isn’t hostile to it, the draconian has advantage on attack rolls.
  • Riding HorseRiding Horse. Armor Class 10 | Hit Points 1/13 (2d10 + 2) | Speed 60 ft. | STR +3, DEX +0, CON +1, INT –1, WIS +0, CHA –2 | Senses passive Perception 10
  • Scout. Armor Class 13 (leather armor) | Hit Points 6/16 (3d8 + 3) | Speed 30 ft. | STR +0, DEX +2, CON +1, INT +0, WIS +1, CHA +0 | Skills Nature +4, Perception +5, Stealth +6, Survival +5 | Senses passive Perception 15
    • Ironclad Regiment Mercenary ScoutKeen Hearing and Sight. The scout has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or sight.

At the Wharf

Anyone who wants to help at the Wharf goes with the Mayor and Darrett to the wharf.

They begin organizing things and the first of the evacuees begins trickling in. First a few, then tens and the dozen—all lining up, trying to remain calm.

The villagers remain eerily quiet as they begin lowering themselves into the boats. Somewhere in the line is Lord Bakaris, his son, Bakaris the Younger, and a veritable platoon of goons, each carrying what is obviously not their own belongings, but the rule is one case per person, and the Mayor begrudgingly honors the letter of the rule, if not its spirit—if only to keep things orderly and efficient.

Winged Hooded Figures   Panic washes over the crowd as cloaked figures emerge at the edge of the cliff above Vogler. The figures linger for a moment, then step off the edge. Wings sweep from beneath their cloaks, slowing their descent into the village.

In the far distance, you can just begin to hear the collective clash of armor, swords, yelling, fighting and the marching of an army inching closer and closer to Vogler.

Statblocks
  • Kapak Draconian. Armor Class 15 (natural armor) | Hit Points 39/39 (6d8 + 12) | Speed 40 ft., climb 40 ft. | STR +0, DEX +3, CON +2, INT +1, WIS +1, CHA +0 | Saving Throws Dex +5 | Skills Deception +4, Perception +3, Stealth +7 | Damage Immunities poison | Condition Immunities poisoned | Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
    • Death Throes. When the draconian is reduced to 0 hit points, it dissolves into acid that splashes on those around it. Each creature within 5 feet of the draconian must succeed on a DC 12 Dexterity saving throw or be covered in acid for 1 minute. A creature covered in the acid takes 7 (2d6) acid damage at the start of each of its turns. A creature can use its action to scrape or wash the acid off itself or another creature.
    • Glide. When the draconian falls and isn’t incapacitated, it subtracts up to 100 feet from the fall when calculating the fall’s damage, and it can move up to 2 feet horizontally for every 1 foot it descends.
OOC

Moving the Game along. Decimus, Modri (went with Artanis), Hunni, and Merituuli, you can choose to go to any of the three, but choose one: Ser Artanis at Thornwall Keep, Mery & Coltan at the River Gate, or The Wharf.

I figured Ser Artanis and company began dashing up the stairs almost as soon as he realized something was happening, so you can join the fray on the third floor right now. You had to dash up a large spiral staircase that circles the whole keep, which is why she said “You have approximately 10 seconds”.

For Ser Artanis and Modri, specifically, the Lieutenant has used one of her features:

Assault Orders (Recharge 5–6). The officer shouts orders and targets up to two other creatures within 60 feet of itself. If a target can hear the officer, the target can use its reaction to make one melee attack.

Both Mery and Coltan (and anyone who joins them) are within 30 feet of the attack on the rider.

Everyone has “Initiative”, but it’s up to you what you want to do. If you choose to fight, or talk, or run away, whatever.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d6 3

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 19 (Chainmail, Shield +1) | HP: 14/22 (5 THP) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Hearing the sounds of fighting, and with Mery's warnings fresh in his ears, Artanis rushes up the stairs, weapon drawn. He's pleasantly surprised at the Lieutenant's respect of honour - he had got that impression from her during the surrender, but you never really knew till it was tested. He has plenty of chance to hear the full story as he does so, and Jeyev's claim when he arrives falls on deaf ears.

"You can life an entire lifetime without honour," Artanis spits his own words back at him, "but it's worth will be gone. When I first met you, I thought to be relived you were professional, but I see I was wrong."

He strikes out at Ser Michelle's appeal, aiming to cut the man as deeply as his betrayal would wound Cudgel. "To betray both Solamnia and Cudgel, you're hardly worth to sully my blade with your blood." With the added care to aim, it strikes deep across the mans shoulder, but his followup attack clangs against Jeyev's guard, perhaps as the man realises his deception hasn't worked...

OOC

Action: Longsword Attack Jeyev

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: Longsword Attack (Precise Strike) Jeyev

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 5) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 1/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/3 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)
Name
Assault Orders Longsword (Precise Strike)
keep(2d20,highest,1)+5 13,10
Damage (Precise Strike)
2d8+5 7,1
Longsword Attack
1d20+5 8

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 3 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 19 (Splint armor +2 Shield) | HP: 31/31 (3d8+9+3) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan cries out, “to arms! To arms! They attack!” He hustles to put himself between rider and mount.

His holy hammer ignites in sacred blue flames “Reorx opposes the Queen of Darkness!” The Apprentice calls out before he throws the flames at the draconian

OOC

Action: Cast Sacred Flame

Bonus Action:

Movement: Move between rider and horse

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 2 bludgeoning damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/4 | 2nd 0/2

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

• Identify (V,S,M) Ritual. You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.
  • Searing Smite (V). The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
  1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

2nd-Level Spells Prepared

• Heat Metal (V,S,M) Concentration. Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again. If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
  • Magic Weapon (V,S) Concentration. You touch a nonmagical weapon. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls.
  • 6. Spiritual Weapon (V,S) Bonus. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Artisan's Blessing. You conduct an hour-long ritual that crafts a nonmagical item that must include some metal: a simple or martial weapon, a suit of armor, ten pieces of ammunition, a set of tools, or another metal object (see chapter 5, "Equipment," in the Player's Handbook for examples of these items). The creation is completed at the end of the hour, coalescing in an unoccupied space of your choice on a surface within 5 feet of you.  The thing you create can be something that is worth no more than 100 gp. As part of this ritual, you must lay out metal, which can include coins, with a value equal to the creation. The metal irretrievably coalesces and transforms into the creation at the ritual's end, magically forming even nonmetal parts of the creation. The ritual can create a duplicate of a nonmagical item that contains metal, such as a key, if you possess the original during the ritual.

Name
Sacred Flame DC 13
1d20 9
Radiant damage
1d8 2

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 47/44 (3d12+9+6+3) | Speed: 25'
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Hit Die: 2/3d12 | Rages: 1/3 | Magic Awareness: 1/2

Modri chooses to follow Artanis. After all, the Dwarf knows he's the one who offered a surrender to the first place. He can't help but shake his head at the thought of another traitor, and not knowing whether he's opening up the gates, stabbing a new friend in the back, or whatever damage he can cause unchecked.

As they heard the raised voices leading up to Michelle's room, her temporary cell, Modri's face turns grim. It quickly shifts as the conversation unfolds and they run towards the raised voices.

Girl's crazier than I am by half! Ha!

Modri is quick to follow up behind Artanis. "How's it feel being king of the dumbarse simpletons!" If nothing else, Modri figures Jeyev fancies himself smart, practical... backstabbers usually do. And he insults the notion. He throws hismelf into the fray, a first swing landing, though without his usual fierceness behind it as if holding back just a little. "King. of. dumb. arse. simpletons!" He repeats himself to make sure his message is heard loud and clear, this time he plants he feet and swings his warhammer in a wide arc catching the mercenary.

OOC

Reaction: Uses the second Assault Orders.

Action: Reckless Attack

No Rage at this time, since Modri only has one more left.

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)
Name
Assault Orders Attack
1d20+5 12
Damage (No Rage currently)
1d8+3 1
Reckless Attack
drop(2d20,lowest)+5 7,19
Damage (No Rage currently)
1d8+3 6

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 3 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 25/25 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+5)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 2/4 2nd 0/2 | Bardic Inspiration: 0/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

Mery's eyes widen in horror as the hooded figure lands on the messenger and horse and they both go flying to the ground. 'Oh no, you don't!' she thinks in outrage as she sets Handsome free to choose how to respond. "I'd sure be grateful if you chose to attack that lizard thing," she murmurs to her mount as she squeezes her legs to hang on for dear life for whatever's coming next.

Handsome seems to sense his mistress' wishes and begins a charge toward the lizard, who, while aware of Coltan after the smith's attack, is apparently so focused on the messenger that it has not seen Mery or her horse.

From her position atop Handsome's back, Mery can't exactly tell what happens when, but she is aware of both a flurry of hooves coming almost simultaneously with the crack of breaking bone as the warhorse collides with the lizard, which immediately falls prone on the ground with a howl of pain.

The gallant warhorse then rounds on the lizard for another attack, but the creature manages to roll out of the way of Handsome's deadly hooves.

Once Handsome finishes, Mery first sings a quick little ditty to help the messenger's horse recover from the attack.

🎵 Up, my horsey friend 🎶
🎶 Not letting you die today 🎵
🎵Your help is yet needed 🎶
🎶 So off with you now, away!🎵

She then turns her attention to the lizard and sings a song she'd sometimes sang with her mother and sister for the children in Palanthas.

🎵 So, giggle at the ghostly 🎶
🎶Guffaw at the grossly 🎵
🎵 Crack up at the creepy 🎶
🎶Whoop it up with the weepy 🎵
🎵Chortle at the kooky 🎶
🎶 Snortle at the spooky🎵

Mery isn't sure if the lizard finds the song hilariously funny or just alarming, because the fit of hissing and hoarse vocalizations that emanate from its mouth don't really sound like laughter to her, but it certainly fails to get up from its position on the ground!

OOC

Action: Tasha's Hideous Laughter against baaz draconian

Bonus Action: Healing Word to messenger's horse

Movement -

Mount Action: Trampling Charge paired with hoof attack, and due to charge success, an extra attack on the bonus action.

Mount Movement: Charge 20 feet toward baaz

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

17 arrows in quiver, 1 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (2/2 slots): invisibility, heat metal

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

Music Credit:The song used with Healing Word is just a random rhyme that popped into my head.

Music Credit:The Laughter Song from Hasbro's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by Lauren Faust

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)
Name
Handsome trampling charge vs. baaz
1d20+6 18
baaz STR save vs Handsome DC 14
1d20+1 11
Handsome hoof attack 1 damage
2d6+4 4,4
Mery CON save vs baaz death gas DC 11
1d20+2 6
Handsome CON save vs baaz death gas DC 11
1d20+1 6
Handsome bonus action hoof attack
1d20+6 4
Healing Word to mess. horse
1d4+3 3
baaz save vs T's Hideous Laughter DC WIS 13
1d20-1 1

Merituuli PortraitMerituuli Kaiutin
Level 3 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 36/36 (3d10+6+6) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Merituuli is thankful that his friends were able to calm the crowd, and gives Mery a thankful nod and smile for her words of encouragement. With a few deep breaths he's back to his usual self. The outburst from Bakaris the Younger brings back a bit of that panic, but it isn't long before the "noble" is verbally and scathingly assaulted by one of the village elders. About time someone spoke out against that brat. Thank the gods I didn't turn out like that.

His thoughts return to home for a moment, to the family he left behind for a life of adventure. Another deep breath fills him with resolve - I'll make you proud, Mother... but in my own way.

The shoal elf elects to assist Mayor Raven and Darrett with the evacuation efforts at the wharf, promising to keep a keen eye open for the potentially traitorous Jeyev. He primarily focuses on making sure each boat can carry the weight of the citizens inside without capsizing. He takes a moment to personally thank the elder Jarnathan, leaning in and whispering, "Thanks for giving the little bastard a much-needed verbal lashing. I certainly appreciate it, and I think everyone else did too."

During the process, Merituuli's sharp eyes pick up movement from the cliff overlooking Vogler. As the figures doff their cloaks and begin gliding down into town, Merituuli yells to Mayor Raven and Darrett, "Enemies gliding down from the cliffs! Keep everyone moving, I'm going to intercept!" With the warning given, Merituuli begins rushing through town towards the approaching draconians, firing off a shot from his heavy crossbow along the way!

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: 30 feet towards the kapak draconians

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Bonus Actions:

Primal Companion: Take Action. As a bonus action on your turn you command your Primal Companion to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

20/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 3/3 1st Level Spells

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Heavy Crossbow Attack
keep(2d20,lowest,1)+4 1,18

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13 [+ 3 Bladesinging][+5 Shield]  | HP: 13/21 | Speed: 40 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Stealth: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Nature: +3
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]

| SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level <2/4>
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Range: 120ft
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk1st Level Conjuration
Target: An unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range
Components: V S M (A drop of mercury)
Classes: Wizard
Description: This spell creates a circular, horizontal plane of force, 3 feet in diameter and 1 inch thick, that floats 3 feet above the ground in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range. The disk remains for the duration, and can hold up to 500 pounds. If more weight is placed on it, the spell ends, and everything on the disk falls to the ground. The disk is immobile while you are within 20 feet of it. If you move more than 20 feet away from it, the disk follows you so that it remains within 20 feet of you. It can move across uneven terrain, up or down stairs, slopes and the like, but it can’t cross an elevation change of 10 feet or more. For example, the disk can’t move across a 10-foot-deep pit, nor could it leave such a pit if it was created at the bottom. If you move more than 100 feet from the disk (typically because it can’t move around an obstacle to follow you), the spell ends.

Tash's Hideous Laughter1st Level Enchantment
Components: V S M (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Classes: Bard, Wizard
Description: A creature of your choice that you can see within range perceives everything as hilariously funny and falls into fits of laughter if this spell affects it. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or fall prone, becoming incapacitated and unable to stand up for the duration. A creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or less isn’t affected. At the end of each of its turns, and each time it takes damage, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. The target has advantage on the saving throw if it’s triggered by damage. On a success, the spell ends.

Identify1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Range: Touch
Target: One object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell
Components: V S M (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Wizard
Description: You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.

Detect Magic1st Level Divination
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any. The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.

Absorb Elements1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 Reaction, which you take when you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage
Components: S
Classes: Artificer, Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: The spell captures some of the incoming energy, lessening its effect on you and storing it for your next melee attack. You have resistance to the triggering damage type until the start of your next turn. Also, the first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 damage of the triggering type, and the spell ends. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Charm Person1st Level Enchantment
Target: A humanoid you can see within range
Classes: Bard, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You attempt to charm a humanoid you can see within range. It must make a Wisdom saving throw, and does so with advantage if you or your companions are fighting it. If it fails the saving throw, it is charmed by you until the spell ends or until you or your companions do anything harmful to it. The charmed creature regards you as a friendly acquaintance. When the spell ends, the creature knows it was charmed by you.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Comprehend Languages1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Components: V S M (A pinch of soot and salt)
Classes: Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you understand the literal meaning of any spoken language that you hear. You also understand any written language that you see, but you must be touching the surface on which the words are written. It takes about 1 minute to read one page of text. This spell doesn’t decode secret messages in a text or a glyph, such as an arcane sigil, that isn’t part of a written language.
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
2nd-Level <2/2>
Misty Step2nd Level Conjuration
Components: V
Description: Briefly surrounded by silvery mist, you teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space that you can see.

Shadow Blade2nd Level Illusion
Components: V, S
Duration: ConcentrationUp to 1 minute/em>
Description: You weave together threads of shadow to create a sword of solidified gloom in your hand. This magic sword lasts until the spell ends. It counts as a simple melee weapon with which you are proficient. It deals 2d8 psychic damage on a hit and has the finesse, light, and thrown properties (range 20/60). In addition, when you use the sword to attack a target that is in dim light or darkness, you make the attack roll with advantage.
If you drop the weapon or throw it, it dissipates at the end of the turn. Thereafter, while the spell persists, you can use a bonus action to cause the sword to reappear in your hand.
At Higher Levels When you cast this spell using a 3rd- or 4th-level spell slot, the damage increases to 3d8. When you cast it using a 5th- or 6th-level spell slot, the damage increases to 4d8. When you cast it using a spell slot of 7th level or higher, the damage increases to 5d8.

Feeling as though he would be out of place joining Mery and Coltan with their discussions, and not sure if he would be of any use with Artanis' task, Decimus places his hands on his hips and looks down to the small companion who had yet to decide where she was going.

"I suppose we can go help with the evacuation? It's either that or take a nap..."

He covers a wide yawn with the loose sleeve of his kimono as if to punctuate his point. Following behind the mayor and Merituuli slowly, he meanders towards the wharf to see if there was anything he could be of use for. The hustle and bustle grows louder as they approach, and the Wizard loses the mayor in the crowd as she jumps right in, immediately getting involved with helping. From underneath his sakkat, his half-lidded eye scans the crowd to see if there was anything in particular that he could be getting involved in, when the Bakaris troupe enter his vision, seemingly following the rules, but in their typically sleazy manner. Shaking his head, his eye begins to wander again, admiring the organizational skills of the mayor and her people for managing such a debacle so smoothly. Deciding upon a group of elderly folks to help, the unease that settles over the villagers becomes apparent to him, right before the unease turns into panic, he follows the pointing fingers to the top of the cliffside nearby where some figures leap from the side and start gliding towards them.

The Sea Elf says everything that needs to be said as he rushes to intercept, and the Wizard is not far behind him, his Shadow Blade forming in one hand as he moves in, with his other hand forming the seals for the Magic Missile spell as he invokes the primordial words for the spell, three glowing darts dancing around his hand as he moves, aiming to strike one of the falling draconic creatures as they sail towards the frantic villagers.

"We need to focus them down one at a time..."

spacer.png

Action: Cast Magic Missile [11 damage]

Bonus Action: Cast Shadow Blade

Movement: Move 30 feet towards falling Draconians

Reaction: Cast shield if attacked

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)
Name
roll
5; 4; 2
1d4+1;1d4+1;1d4+1 [4]; [4,3]; [4,3,1]

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 26/26 (hd 3d8) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

With no specific place she needed to be, Hunni follows her friend Decimus around. As they walk, she spends some time playing with her whip, turning it into a sword twice as long as she is tall, a greataxe with blades styled like dragon wings, some sort of unholy abomination of a pike. Eventually, she shifts it back to whip form and curls it at her side. No use experimenting too much with everything else going on.

Besides, it seems to make the villagers nervous.

Just as she is getting bored enough of the slow, steady way humans flee from imminent danger, and starts wondering if someone might set up a fish pie stall or something, she hears Merituuli yell a warning about incoming enemies. She looks up, and sees them gliding on down. Moving with Decimus towards the danger, she tosses out her staff and gets her snake all ready to fight.

OOC

Action: Activating Snake Staff. Not posting for it this round, as it is just going to move along with them to get ready to fight.

Bonus Action:

Movement: Move with the others, towards the enemies.

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10 + cha) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Improved Pact Weapon varies, usually whip (+1 to hit, damage, spell focus)

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 4) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

Staff of the Python (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d6 +3) bludgeoning damage.
Versatile: (1d8 +3) bludgeoning damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Normally Staff of the Python, but also always Pact Weapon.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2, cast at 2nd level

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 2nd level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant, Blur
  • Invocations:  Improved Pact Weapon, Agonizing Blast