The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

Wonderful game so far! I'm in love and intrigued. It's actually also a bit intimidating. I'm not sure if I'm up to this fine game. But this is something to behold. At least the setting and the dedication put in all the informative threads. Congratulations.

One question, though.

4 hours ago, Leonidas1789 said:

Quick question: Which formula should we use for the rolls? Do we reroll 1's, roll 4 dice and drop the lowest, only roll 3 dice...? Cheers.

So we may roll up to three times, choosing any method of our choice, and if no roll is good enough, we can always switch back to point buy?

56 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Wonderful game so far! I'm in love and intrigued. It's actually also a bit intimidating. I'm not sure if I'm up to this fine game. But this is something to behold. At least the setting and the dedication put in all the informative threads. Congratulations.

One question, though.

So we may roll up to three times, choosing any method of our choice, and if no roll is good enough, we can always switch back to point buy?

Yes! And you can just choose point-buy or standard array from the get-go if you prefer not to roll at all—you just lose the opportunity for pre-lineage stats above 15.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, GleefulNihilism said:

I am thinking about throwing in an app, but feel it’s only fair to mention that I am DMing a game not exactly the same but strongly based on this module on another site. Is that alright?

This is fine with me. As long as you can avoid metagaming, then I don’t mind at all.

6 minutes ago, saithor said:

Quick question as I was unable to locate any concrete rules for chargen, I'm assuming level 1 and what content is allowed for the game itself? Limits on race selections/etc.?

Did you read the Game Expectations or the Introduction on the front page of the game?

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Did you read the Game Expectations or the Introduction on the front page of the game?

Didn’t realize that was clickable, I’ve never seen it used for anything but the game name and category before.

Do you want us to build out the character mechanics across several posts like in your Dragonlance game, or just stick to the one post for this application? If the latter, do you want a character sheet or any sort of summary of our build?

Also curious for the pre-game IC thread if we jump in when we're ready, start later, and either way if you intend for it to be primarily player's engaging with each other or if you'll be taking a larger role in it?

23 minutes ago, Peacemonger said:

Do you want us to build out the character mechanics across several posts like in your Dragonlance game, or just stick to the one post for this application? If the latter, do you want a character sheet or any sort of summary of our build?

Also curious for the pre-game IC thread if we jump in when we're ready, start later, and either way if you intend for it to be primarily player's engaging with each other or if you'll be taking a larger role in it?

I kinda learned my lesson on making everyone build out their characters fully before they even begin posting.

Any amount of character building you’d like to do is entirely up to you, so feel free to leave it at the requested app, or fully build it.

Jump into the IC thread whenever you feel comfortable starting. If that’s right now, that’s fine. If that’s after you’ve seen a few others post, that’s okay, too. As with my DLSotDQ game, I won’t be participating in the Pre-Game IC Thread.

However, unlike my DLSotDQ game, this will be canon, as the game starts right there, in the tavern. You’re all just talking right up until the game’s initiating event occurs.

2 hours ago, GleefulNihilism said:

Should we make sheets now or wait until characters are accepted?

Nope.

29 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Important quick question: what's the expected posting rate for this game? I know it's not a commitment, but just an average. Still, I kinda need to know.

1/week minimum. More where possible, but not expected.