The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

52 minutes ago, zaffo said:

oh yeah also, would frightened lead to paralyzed for a claw attack too? i thought that was just for the terrifying glare.

and scarecrow 3 should be at 17 hp i think.

Yes. The scarecrow's claws both frighten and paralyze. They're nasty buggers. Technically, neither you nor Badmaw should have gone last turn, but I didn't notice until I last DM posted, and I don't want to rehash the round, so we'll just move on with the correct stuff from here on out.

I don't think the claws paralyze. The glare specifically calls out that it paralyzes, whereas the claws don't. Also, why would it ever use the glare if the claws paralyze, do damage, and it gets 2 of them?

2 hours ago, zaffo said:

oh yeah also, would frightened lead to paralyzed for a claw attack too? i thought that was just for the terrifying glare.

and scarecrow 3 should be at 17 hp i think.

58 minutes ago, Kazic5000 said:

I don't think the claws paralyze. The glare specifically calls out that it paralyzes, whereas the claws don't. Also, why would it ever use the glare if the claws paralyze, do damage, and it gets 2 of them?

Yeah, I re-checked. That's my bad. I grabbed the wrong line from the statblock (the glare line). Both the claws and the glare frighten, but you're both right, only the glare paralyzes.

Apologies for the fuckup.

9 hours ago, Kazic5000 said:

Also @zaffo Remember you can spend a hit dice cause you got healed.

Oh thats right! Totes forgot about the hit dice rule. I coulda used one on the last heal too. is it too late for that? and i forget the specs of the rule, its any time and every time we get healed by a potion or spell? what about feats? for example with my second wind, would i get an extra hit die?

49 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Oh thats right! Totes forgot about the hit dice rule. I coulda used one on the last heal too. is it too late for that?

Nope. Go ahead and roll that now.

50 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Oh thats right! Totes forgot about the hit dice rule. I coulda used one on the last heal too. is it too late for that? and i forget the specs of the rule, its any time and every time we get healed by a potion or spell? what about feats? for example with my second wind, would i get an extra hit die?

It's when you get healed by a potion, a spell, or per 5 points of lay-on-hands from a paladin. Any healing spell that restores hit points, such as—but not limited to—the cure wounds spell or the healing word spell, lets you use this house rule, and you can roll as many hit dice as spell levels that were used to cast the spell.

I want to say that second wind does not trigger this, but I don't want to say it doesn't either. I'll have to think on it. Intent-wise, it does fall within the parameters, but mechanics-wise, it doesn't feel like it does.

What feats?

Also, this would not be triggered by any class or racial features that allow you to steal HP from your enemies.

2 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:
Also, this would not be triggered by any class or racial features that allow you to steal HP from your enemies.

Oh, ouch. 😬

21 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

What feats?

I meant to say features, I was still talking about Second Wind.

So I went back and edited my post from before, adding a hit die, and my latest post as well. Sorry if my forgetfulness caused Amberlyn to use a spell unnecessarily. Good news is Pen is still at full health! Bad news is he is frightened again and whiffed this time.

Sigh. I really hate to do this, but I think it's time to call this game.

I'm not feeling it anymore, and it feels like we're just keeping it alive on life-support at this point and it's time to pull the plug.

I hope you guys had fun, but the ride seems to have come to its end.

I understand. It's normal for games to slow down but it happened for this one pretty much from the start and we've been moving with 2-3 active people out of five the whole time.

Besides I'm starting up classes again (I'm one of those who just seems to keep going back) so having a few games end is probably not a bad thing for me.

Happy gaming everyone!

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)