Show default font size number

matt_s

This is kinda a borderline silly request, but when I got to the dropdown menu to change the fontsize, I see

image.png.49e136851b1e40b64cbee303dc68e367.png

I cannot tell easily what the default is. What I generally want is to set a font size larger or smaller than default, and that is hard to eyeball. I think default is 14. something like Default (14) or down in the dropdown, having it say 14 (default) would be helpful.

45 minutes ago, matt_s said:

This is kinda a borderline silly request, but when I got to the dropdown menu to change the fontsize, I see

image.png.49e136851b1e40b64cbee303dc68e367.png

I cannot tell easily what the default is. What I generally want is to set a font size larger or smaller than default, and that is hard to eyeball. I think default is 14. something like Default (14) or down in the dropdown, having it say 14 (default) would be helpful.

Default changes depending on the device. desktop, pads, or mobile. Hardesetting a font size will not.

7 minutes ago, matt_s said:

i guess that makes sense. Does that mean if I hard-set a title to say 18 or the body text to 14 I could cause problems for mobile readers? The user intent is to use default for body text and default + X where X is like 4 for titles.

Hard set font sizes don't change just keep that in mind....

I usually follow this pattern.

bold 20 for main header titles ( I usually do this all caps as well. )

bold underline 18-16 for sub titles

I would leave the body text at default so it resizes with device however.