OOC for Players

Sunless Echo

my bad I gave a few days to see what the party wanted to do last week. I know Eandri wanted to leave and what Nululia plans. I am unsure of what some people wanted to do from there because nobody posted in response. I can try to move us along.

Friday-Sunday I had no internet because it's hunting season (my cabin is a dead zone mostly). This isn't a constant every week but will be common within coming months. I hunt often in the early and mid-seasons.

if any players want to stick around before heading out then I can split the group and catch some up later while you each keep going with your antics. So that wont be a problem if some of you may prefer. I'll try to keep my communication open.

Edited by Sunless Echo (see edit history)

As for me I have decided to leave the game. As you may need a reason it is simply that the fun has been replaced with constant frustration which is no way to play.

I wish you all the best. You can give my character away if you want

Bye

The above is the sort of statement that I prefer stay in DMs, because it instantly puts an obligation on the remaining players to respond somehow. Either in negative condemnation of the leaving player, positive support for the DM, dogpiling the DM with further withdrawals, etc, etc.

There is no graceful way to recover or continue. This comment is my best attempt at doing so, and I'd rate it at best like a 3/10.

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

I am inclined to agree with @TheRaconteur. This sort of thing should have been private messaged.

All I can add on to their thoughts is that it is very easy to forget that things happen in real life that can slow a game down, and that's just how things are. Patience is a must. Plus, this is a hobby, not life or death.

The best I can say is Thank You, @RpgNott, and Happy Gaming! ^_^

And I'm sorry if I slowed things down in this game as well. ^^"

To everyone in the game: If someone prefers to leave the game I would rather they PM me at the least to keep things in the most positive way possible. I'm perfectly fine and intend to continue forward as long as my players are interested.

Thanks to other players and no need for anyone to apologize. For now, I would like to move forward if we are all good? Also, since we are leaning towards leaving the merc guild I will have a post up very soon once I clear some things up to ensure how to go about moving characters and the game forward (shouldn't be too hard).

I really want to follow Jarren's story, I am sorry to lose a player/character that I have enjoyed RP'ing with, but if I had to take this to a solo game I would still want to continue Jarren's story.

But that is my selfishness coming through. I am good to continue.

• 3 weeks later...