Chapter One: The Lost Girl

Divinedragonslayer

Morning came quickly to the Tranquil Lamb thanks to the evening's events. Ye there was plenty to do now that Pelor's gaze was back. It was hot late summer day when each person stepped out of bed. Not enough to drench one in sweat upon stepping outside but it was hot enough that it was uncomfortable.

Outside in the 'cool' of the morning people were rousing outside including the tavern's staff. Temple Bell's rang announcing that morning prayer for the faithful. Yet for some reason on what should be a rather mundane if hot day something was off. There was a melancholy atmosphere that threatened to overtake the day downstairs in the tavern. The barmaid from last night was talking to a man in armor. His features weathered by time and tide as he gave a sorrowful expression towards the woman. His grey eyes held the look of determination but one of frustration as he talked to the woman. A golden holy symbol of Pelor hung around his neck and was painted on his armor.

Faelwen Galadhrineth

6rZQ2wP.jpg.8826c04b47ba3f63b1aae810c1d0cb0b.jpgFaelwen Galadhrineth  HP: 32/32 Saves: Fort 3, Ref 6, Will 5  AC: 18, 18(touch), 15(flat-footed) Spell DC: lvl+5
Initiative: 3, Speed: 30, Search: +1, Spot: +2, Listen: +2, Hide: +3, MS: +3, Alchemy +9, Heal: +12

Faelwen found herself awake just before sunrise, she could already smell the cook making breakfast in the back kitchen, but proceeded to step outside to find a place to meditate in the open. She missed the sound of the birds and rustling of trees from back home already, but focused her mind on her spells. While she was finishing up her meditation, she heard the boots stepping onto the wooden steps leading into the tavern, which broke her concentration. Standing up, she also made her way back into the tavern and took a better look at the weathered man speaking to the barmaid. He also had the holy symbol of Pelor around his neck, maybe this time the one everyone was waiting for was this man.

She said nothing, but moved to have a seat on the barstool she sat in the night before. She said nothing, but sat there quietly as to not interrupt their conversation. The barmaid quickly took note and offered her something, in which Faelwen responds, "Hot water please." and after a few moments, the woman returned with a mug of hot water.

Faelwen rubbed a small dagger against a thin stick of cinnamon and dropped a few leaves into the water, then produced some sugar from a pouch and dropped a few pinches in. She seemed to smile to herself as she waited for it to seep. Now with that out of the way, she turns to the weathered man, "I am Faelwen Galadhrineth from Lefia, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Viktor Blackwell 

image.png.0ff6c2583710fc5efdc498034e0295a0.png Viktor had arrived in town late the night before, weary from the saddle all day along. Unsure of accommodations, or even if the inn was open, he camped just outside of town, just happy to be off the horse.

After morning meditation, he walked into town leading his horse, to stretch his legs and also to imply humility in the face of the townspeople.

After hitching his horse, he entered the tavern and sat down, waiting for a serving girl. Viktor surveyed the room, looking for suspicious demeanor as well as evil auras, as was his habit. His thought wandered to the matter at hand as he looked around the room.

"Kidnapping. A little innocent girl. She must be so scared right now. The more I think about it, the madder I get..." he muttered softly, thinking aloud.

[URL=/sheets/?id=2822788][B][SIZE=+1]Viktor Blackwell[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male CG Human Paladin of Freedom, [B]Level[/B] 4, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] / , [B]Speed[/B] 20 [B]AC[/B] 18, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 16, [B]Fort[/B] 6, [B]Ref[/B] 3, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 4 [B]+1 Greatsword [/B] 9 (2d6+3, 19-20/x2) [B] Crossbow (heavy) (10) [/B] 7 (1d10, 19-20/x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 7 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2) [B]+1 Chain mail[/B] (+6 Armor, +2 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] None
Viktor Blackwell
Male CG Human Paladin of Freedom, Level 4, Init 2, HP / , Speed 20
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus 4
+1 Greatsword 9 (2d6+3, 19-20/x2)
Crossbow (heavy) (10) 7 (1d10, 19-20/x2)
Dagger 7 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
+1 Chain mail (+6 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 16
Condition None

Edited by nexiss (see edit history)

spacer.png

Rewund Hudorem - Church Inquisitor

Rewund gets up as the first rays of the Sun hit the window of his room at the inn. Leaving his armor be, he is dressed only in his undergarments as he greets the new day, thanking Pelor for the light and the life he grants.
Next, he dons the silvery mithral armor, pulls the tabbard with a very large symbol of Pelor over his head, and carefully makes sure it is symmetric before grabbing his backpack, shield and weapons.

The mood of the tavern is not lost on him as he descends the stairs from his room.
Recognizing a fellow man of the cloth, he strides over and greets him solemnly: "Pelor shine his light on you, brother."
He then turns to acknowledge the beautiful maiden at his side with a polite bow.
"Are there any news of the missing child?"

The melancholy of the tavern was apparent in all but one corner, where a young woman, openly wearing a signet ring of House Hillmont, sat with a rather ragtag bunch including 3 other humans (2 male, one female), an elf, a dwarf, and a gnome. Most in the tavern were giving the dwarf a wide berth, as the smell coming off of him was more akin to an Otyugh's toilet than anything a humanoid could produce. The rest of the group around the dwarf seemed completely unphased, or uninterested, as they went about with their usual levity and atmosphere, despite the mood around them.

The young woman bearing the ring was the only one that seemed lost in the atmosphere of the tavern, more than the party that her companions seemed to be having. As new arrivals entered, or came down stairs, she would let her eyes wander to each in turn. First her attention was grabbed by the foresty looking woman who had ordered hot water. Hearing her mention Lefia, the woman's eyes went to her companions. They had all come from Lefia as well, following her. She had no idea why any of them followed, well, except for Zhon. Zhon had known her the longest of anyone. Some of her first memories were of Zhon still in his diapers. They had grown up together, they were friends, and she'd shot him down as a lover on numerous occasions. But he was still dedicated, and there at her side, despite that really odd decade or so she was just coming off of.

Then entered a man who appeared as, and likely was, a paladin of sorts. She had never really much cared for Paladins, at least in the typical sense. They seemed too stuffy, stuck up, and straight laced. They often came across as more dedicated to the law, than what was right. She'd butted heads with numerous of that type over the year, and they'd always rubbed her wrong, even if they were genuinely good people.

Finally, she turned her eyes to the elder gentleman among her group and said, "Tom, Keep everyone out of trouble while I ask a few questions. Some interesting people seem to be gathering."

"Right then, by your leave Miro." The gentleman gave a nod, and a bit of a lecherous leer before he turned his attention back to the other 5 to babysit.

Mirowyn then stood up slowly, stretched her arms and back, and gave an exaggerated yawn, before she wheeled around on her heels and moved to find an empty seat at the bar near enough to Faelwen to catch her voice if the fae woman spoke. She ocasionally would eye the paladin as well, though if he ever noticed, she'd give a polite smile, and a friendly wave. Eventually, she'd call over the barmaiden, and order a mug of black coffee.

Once she had her coffee, she took a sip, then turned her gaze back to the Paladin upon hearing his words. A kidnapped child. That brought back memories, and none of them pleasant. It had been what, eight or nine years since that incident? She let out a sigh. "Scared would be an understatement, ser. If there are details to be known, I would help all that I can."

Viktor Blackwell 

image.png.0ff6c2583710fc5efdc498034e0295a0.pngViktor turns to the woman that obviously responded to his words, though he was fairly sure he spoke them softly enough to discourage discourse with others.

She wore fine clothes, and a signet ring inferring a noble family. He warmed, comfortable in the fact that his signet was tucked in his pocket, safely away from prying eyes.

He smiled at her and her offer of help.

"I do not know any details, m'lady. But I am here to find out whatever there is to find out."

"I appreciate your offer, but it could be dangerous, I would not let you volunteer without knowing at least that." he suggested.

"I am Viktor."

Jorde Magnus Ambolsten, Master Smith

Jord.jpg.28127d190153068461a895ab251ec252.jpg

Male   Earth Dwarf   Cleric 4  

Init 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 24, Touch 12, FF 23 | Fort 8, Ref 3, Will 11

Jorde awoke early the next morning, showing no signs of any ill effect from the copious amounts of ale he had consumed the previous night. He was not accustomed to the positive response from the tiefling, offering him drinks and engaging him in conversation - most non-dwarves generally kept a wide berth - and so he had carried on drinking mug after mug with some degree of revelry, despite the gravity of the current situation.

After morning prayers and meditation, he spent some time outside on martial training and calisthenics. It was during this excercise that the human arrived towing his horse. The armor and the weapons made it pretty clear that he was some sort of knight or warrior, and probably here for the same purpose as himself.

Mornin' to ya, he smiled a toothy smile that maybe came off as a little creepy, especially with his one wandering eye. Here for the rescue mission? Would that he got a response at all, he would simply reply aye, and follow the gentleman inside.

Stepping into the inn, he was surely a sight for the common folk, resplendent in his dwarven wrought full plate, complete with his clan crest on the breastplate and pauldrons. Removing his helm upon entering and wiping sweat from his brow, any observer might immediately be drawn to his horribly scarred face, his toothy grin doing little to mitigate the effect it might have.

He would notice the Pelorites conversing with a seeming noblewoman from Hillmount, the mood in the room suddenly hitting him, causing his smile to drop. As Viktor scanned the room, the stout dwarf would approach the two priests, setting his shield and spear aside and his helm on the bar or a nearby table. A sad thing, that child being kidnapped. We'll get 'er back for ya, father, fear not, he would utter in somber tones to the old clergyman, then as an afterthought (as was often the case), he would introduce himself to the others, having met many of the pelorites already during his recent stay at their temple. Jorde Magnus, of clan Ambolsten, at yer service.

Show Statblock

Jorde

Init 1, HP 5/5, DR 1/P Speed 20'

AC 24, Touch 12, Flat-footed 23

Fort 9, Ref 3, Will 10

Str 18, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 8

Condition Healthy

Weaponry
Dwarvencraft Warhammer +8 (1d8+6, x3)
Masterwork Sickle +8 (1d6, x2)
Masterwork Spear +8 (1d8, x3, 20')
Dagger +7 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2, 10')
Cold Iron Dagger +7 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2, 10')
Silver Dagger +7 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2, 10')
Sling +4 (1d4+4, x2, 50')

Spells
0 Level: Guidance x2, Resistance, Mending, Create Water
1st Level: Divine Favor x2, Shield of Faith, Entropic Shield, Protection from Evil
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Shield Other, Soften Earth and Stone

Continuing Effects: +1 save vs Energy Drain, Inflict Spells, Death Spells, Death Effects

Edited by snugglepooh (see edit history)

Ei-Leese Van Damakos, Lesser Tiefling Planar Ranger

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=20, Touch=15, FF=16 / HP=32/32 / Init=4 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=8, Will = 5  __________________________________________________________________________

Ei-Leese drank mug for mug with the the newcomer Jorde throughout the late hours of the night, but finally the Tiefling bid the Dwarf a good night and had retired upstairs to her private room with a 'headful!'

Nonetheless, the planar ranger's fortitude was strong, and she hadn't fallen off the turnip cart yesterday, thus Li-Li rises before the first rays of the sun streak the morning sky orange and engages in a series of martial exercises, followed by meditation and finally personal hygiene.

After completing her morning routine, the massive warrior strides into the inn still concealing her more dramatic physical features and orders a large breakfast of ham, sausages, boiled eggs, fresh bread, butter, blackberry jam, and a pitcher of cool spring water. Again, she offers to share her food with the others who have assembled to help with the local devil worshipping cult.

When a local official from the temple of light arrives at the tavern, the planar ranger follows the suit of the others and politely introduces herself saying to the Pelorite, "Nice to make your acquaintance. I'm Ei-Leese Van Damakos and, I too, am here to offer my assistance as well."

Show Mechanics

Description: Long brassy-red hair and a black leather hat conceal Ei-Leese's pointed ears, while the warrior's dark glasses hide her tell-tale red eyes. Despite her efforts to blend in, Li-Li's lavender prehensile tail, slightly pointed teeth and the occasional light scent of burnt Sulphur clearly mark the lass as a Tiefling. Sporting a darkwood buckler on her left forearm, the ranger's black leather explorer's outfit hides her mithril chainshirt armor.  Other than a well-made massive Great Sword and fancy Composite Great Bow. the tracker uses her heavy black coat to conceal the bulk of her weapons, equipment, and other paraphernalia of her calling.

Free Action: 

Move:  

Swift Action:   

Move Action:   

Standard Action:  

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

The woman seemed surprised to see such a ragtag bunch of individuals she stood to the side before nodding quietly. Thank you so much. My name is Aisha Wallace and if you get my daughter back I would be so pleased. She said before taking a step back.

The priest placed his hand on his sword which was at his side. Mostly for comfort. He took a deep breath as he assessed the group. Any help we can get is appreciated. All we know now is that a fortnight ago Maya her daughter was kidnapped from her mother while walking through the forest. The fiends wore nothing special in particular. They seemed more like your average thugs. But there was something odd about Maya that throws both of us off.. His gaze went to the Hillmont signet ring but he said nothing about it.

Aisha stepped up before looking about the group unsure of what if anything she should tell the group about her daughter. To be honest my daughter said she could talk to angels. And that angels were telling her that someone bad was watching her. Now I don't know if I believe it or not but the fact that she was kidnapped isn't something I'll discount. I also didn't think that her bad dreams were real but perhaps it was trying to warn us too. She said in them the angels tried to protect her from the fallen angels finding out where she was but in the dream she kept being scooped up by them and attacked.

Edited by Divinedragonslayer (see edit history)

Viktor Blackwell 

image.png.0ff6c2583710fc5efdc498034e0295a0.pngViktor nods at the woman's words.

"Can you tell me more about where your daughter was kidnapped?"

"Does anyone else live nearby? Maybe they saw something." he mused.

Viktor observes the womanHow is she dressed? How does she sound? Like a commoner? Better than that?

Is she carrying anything?

M
Faelwen Galadhrineth

6rZQ2wP.jpg.8826c04b47ba3f63b1aae810c1d0cb0b.jpgFaelwen Galadhrineth  HP: 32/32 Saves: Fort 3, Ref 6, Will 5  AC: 18, 18(touch), 15(flat-footed) Spell DC: lvl+5
Initiative: 3, Speed: 30, Search: +1, Spot: +2, Listen: +2, Hide: +3, MS: +3, Alchemy +9, Heal: +12

It seemed almost too obvious that the woman was expecting some elite gathering, instead she had them, people from various walks of life, that don't even know each other gathering together. One thing in common was they were summoned by people in the church of Pelor who had some experience with them individually, and hoped that spoke for itself. As a non combatant, she was often teased, but that doesn't prevent her from protecting others and putting herself in harms way, should it be needed.

Mirowyn nodded to Viktor with a faint smile that seemed a facade to hide her own revulsion over the situation, than one worn genuinely. "Your concern is noted good ser, but danger has been my only constant companion for nearly as long as I can remember. Some call me Mirowyn, I prefer Wyn." She offered her right hand, not even attempting to hide the signet ring she wore, almost as if wearing it in mockery.

I would never expect a demon to walk so openly, especially among Pelorites. Certainly, you must have an interesting story or two to tell?, she said, speaking the Infernal tongue in more of a hush than she would a more common language. She tried to choose her words carefully enough to sound more like an extended clearing of her throat, than the language of the Hells.

She'd been about to add more when the proclaimed mother made her open pleas for help. The mention of angels, along with this demon walking so openly, Wyn was bright enough to see some presumed connection, that others would likely use to blame an individual with or without cause. The demonkin seemed to be genuinely interested in helping, Wyn would see to it that someone would advocate for the demonkin should it be necessary. She finally turned her attention to the mother, as Red and Zhon started brawling amongst themselves in the Brotherhood's dark corner of the tavern. Tom simply let out a sigh, while Poppy cashed in on some bet with Eruk, and giggled all the while.

Wyn took a deep breath before composing herself to ask a question. The Brotherhood could certainly be trying at times, but despite their many flaws, they were decent people and she could count on them to always do the right thing if nothing else. Finally, she let out her deep breath to ask Aisha, "Did she say who the angels claimed were watching her? Can you tell us anything of her nightmares beyond her being abducted within them?"

Jorde Magnus Ambolsten, Master Smith

Jord.jpg.28127d190153068461a895ab251ec252.jpg

Male   Earth Dwarf   Cleric 4  

Init 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 24, Touch 12, FF 23 | Fort 8, Ref 3, Will 11

Jorde listened to the telling of events, which raised questions in his mind. Conveniently, several of the other rescuers asked those questions, leaving him free to make awkward attempts in an exaggerated whisper at acquiring a breakfast beer from the barkeep. Wouldn’t be impolite, would it, he would ask himself.

Show Statblock

Jorde

Init 1, HP 5/5, DR 1/P Speed 20'

AC 24, Touch 12, Flat-footed 23

Fort 9, Ref 3, Will 10

Str 18, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 8

Condition Healthy

Weaponry
Dwarvencraft Warhammer +8 (1d8+6, x3)
Masterwork Sickle +8 (1d6, x2)
Masterwork Spear +8 (1d8, x3, 20')
Dagger +7 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2, 10')
Cold Iron Dagger +7 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2, 10')
Silver Dagger +7 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2, 10')
Sling +4 (1d4+4, x2, 50')

Spells
0 Level: Guidance x2, Resistance, Mending, Create Water
1st Level: Divine Favor x2, Shield of Faith, Entropic Shield, Protection from Evil
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Shield Other, Soften Earth and Stone

Continuing Effects: +1 save vs Energy Drain, Inflict Spells, Death Spells, Death Effects

Lajal a swarthy young man, in desert clothing
Lajal Dothel Barok

HP: 28/28| AC:14 | Init: +3

A swarthy-looking man wrapped in a white linen headscarf and homespun linen robes and baggy trousers enters.
There is a strong scent of neroli and sandalwood as well as other spices. His dark eyes sparkle as he catches your gaze. His smile is radiant and welcoming.

"Talking to angels, and a watcher in the darkness" he scratches the stubble on his chin, not quite a beard, but you can easily sense he is thinking things through.

"Effendi, can you remember anything more about what she said about the angels both divine and fallen? anything can help. And do you have anything that is dear to the child, what was their name?"

His hand falls to his hip where an ornate small tribal tambourine drum rests, his fingers tap a pattern on it gently, barely making a sound.

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)
Name
Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes)
1d20+12 5

M
Faelwen Galadhrineth

As the questions are being asked, Faelwen wonders what in the world would fallen angels want with a child, maybe she was born with a divine gift, and thus is able to hear the angels speak. She had allowed the others to ask questions, but she walks over to Aisha and rests her gentle soft hands into the woman's own. "We will do our utmost to return Maya to you safely." she says, focusing more on assuring the grieving mother than assault her with a dozen questions. They already asked, Faelwen now wants to offer comfort.