Chapter One: The Lost Girl

Divinedragonslayer

Viktor Blackwell 

image.png.0ff6c2583710fc5efdc498034e0295a0.pngViktor turns, a grim smile on his face, and charges the hound that bit his compatriot.

“Kill them before they escape and warn their masters!”

Actions:

Charge hound (+2 Attack, -2 AC)

P.S. Add 2 more to Attack roll for Mirowyn's "Inspire courage"

Edited by nexiss (see edit history)
Name
Attack
1d20+11 6
Damage
2d6+3 2,3

The Brotherhood set up a small semi-circle, putting the party between themselves and the infernal canines. Zhon would motion for any non-combatants to hurry behind their protective wall as all of them readied to be a last line of defense.

Wyn, let out a sigh as the canine's mind was able to ward off her power. Still holding her sword in her right hand, her left came up to grasp the badge she wore around her neck. She whispered Valor as a hint of magic began to carry in her voice. She needn't have spoken, but she used that as a focus to begin her performance. She took a deep breath, then as loudly and boldly as she could, she shouted, "I am amongst you at this time, not for my recreation nor sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my God, and for my people, my honor, my blood, my life." Her words seemed to carry power as she performed her oration.

Mechanics

Immediate action: Activate Badge of Valor, increasing the bonus for Inspire Courage by an additional +1

Standard Action: Activate Inspire Courage, boosted by Badge of Valor; An affected ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Allies include all party members, The Brotherhood, and all non-combatants that have traveled with us

Jorde Magnus Ambolsten, Master Smith

Jord.jpg.28127d190153068461a895ab251ec252.jpg

Male   Earth Dwarf   Cleric 4  

Init 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 24, Touch 12, FF 23 | Fort 8, Ref 3, Will 11

Hey, get offa her!

Seeing the hound attacking their healer prompts Jorde to action. He charges at the beast, attempting to push it off of Faelwen.

Statblock

Jorde

Init 1, HP 5/5, DR 1/S B, Speed 20'

AC 24, Touch 12, Flat-footed 23

Fort 9, Ref 3, Will 10

Str 18, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 8

Condition Healthy

Weaponry
Dwarvencraft Warhammer +8 (1d8+6, x3)
Masterwork Sickle +8 (1d6, x2)
Masterwork Spear +8 (1d8, x3, 20')
Dagger +7 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2, 10')
Cold Iron Dagger +7 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2, 10')
Silver Dagger +7 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2, 10')
Sling +4 (1d4+4, x2, 50')

Spells
0 Level: Guidance x2, Resistance, Mending, Create Water
1st Level: Divine Favor x2, Shield of Faith, Entropic Shield, Protection from Evil
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Shield Other, Soften Earth and Stone

Mechanics

Actions

Free Action: Speak

Move Action: Charge at the hound

Standard Action: make bull rush attempt

Skill Checks

Continuing Effects:

Aura of Courage: Each ally within 10 feet gains a +4 morale bonus on saves against fear effects.

Crystal of Lifekeeping: +1 save vs Energy Drain, Inflict Spells, Death Spells, Death Effects

Name
Bull Rush
1d20+6 12

Lajal a swarthy young man, in desert clothing
Lajal Dothel Barok

HP: 28/28| AC:14 | Init: +3

Lajal looks at the creature and utters a single syllable of celestial, "🜩PAIN!" The creature winces in pain

Power word: Pain

Note that this is a Supernatural ability.
damage = 1d6
duration dependant upon current HP.
Hit Points
50 or less = 4d4 rounds
51-75 = 2d4 rounds
76-100 = 1d4 rounds

Name
Power Word: Pain
1d6 4

Both Viktor's and Ei-Leese attacks hit ferociously on the otherworldly hound causing the hound to nearly be cleaved in half. With the other hound out of sight at the moment thanks to it disappearing into the woods after being tricked. There was no more opponents left to face. Well that went better than expected. The pelorite said before walking up to Faelwin to inspect her wounds. Upon seeing that she was fine he sheathed the sword before turning around to face the rest of the group. Good job bribing that hell hound. It's something I would've never thought to do. With that he looked around himself trying to distinguish a path himself. He moved over to where the two hell hounds had appeared. Squatting down he searched the area for where they might've come in from.

ExperienceEveryone gets 276 xp

Viktor Blackwell 

image.png.0ff6c2583710fc5efdc498034e0295a0.pngViktor looks to the Pelorite as his blade lowers toward the ground, his face a mask of disappointment.

“Actually, it went quite poorly, Edwin. The second beast is now free to return to its masters and warn them that we are on our way. They will be fully prepared for us, rather that caught off guard.”

Edited by nexiss (see edit history)

Ei-Leese Van Damakos, Lesser Tiefling Planar Ranger

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=20, Touch=15, FF=16 / HP=32/32 / Init=4 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=8, Will = 5  __________________________________________________________________________

Ei-Leese cleans the gore off of her Great Sword and then sheafs the massive weapon now that the battle was over. Placing her dark colored glasses back on to cover her reddish eyes, the Tiefling re-tucks her tail under her coat, more by habit rather than concealment at this point.

Not commenting one way or another on the situation, the warrior instead focuses on tasks at hand. After using her dagger to 'true-dead' the hell hound so it can't be brought back, Li-Li quickly hides the corpse in a nearby patch of bushes making sure that the canine is concealed with enough foliage that it won't easily be found.

Thereafter, the planar ranger carefully looks over the immediate area to find the footprints of the dogs and any trails of those prints that lead to the present location so she can back-track them to their previous location. If and when the lass learns anything of note, then she will immediately notify the group of her findings in a lowered tone of voice.

Show Mechanics

Free Action: 

Move:  

Swift Action:   

Move Action:   

Standard Action:  Search for Tracks using Tracking Feat - If she is unable to locate a trail, then the Ranger will take 10 on the Search Check for a total of 20

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Name
Survival - Hide Body
1d20+8 5
Search for Tracks using Tracking Feat
1d20+10 7

Faelwen Galadhrineth

6rZQ2wP.jpg.8826c04b47ba3f63b1aae810c1d0cb0b.jpgFaelwen Galadhrineth  HP: 32/32 Saves: Fort 3, Ref 6, Will 5  AC: 18, 18(touch), 15(flat-footed) Spell DC: lvl+5
Initiative: 3, Speed: 30, Search: +1, Spot: +2, Listen: +2, Hide: +3, MS: +3, Alchemy +9, Heal: +12

Faelwen felt a little embarrassed by the attack, she should have known better, but since the first hound seemed to go on it's way, she had hoped the other would respond similarly. "Forgive me for getting everyone riled up, I no longer injured, but I will be more cautious in the future." says Faewen.

As the party moves, she will constantly keep eyes out for medicinal herbs and plants that can be beneficial for the party.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2821271][B][SIZE=+1]Faelwen Galadhrineth[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female Neutral Good Feytouched Healer 3, Battledancer 1, [B]Level[/B] 4, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 32/32, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 20, [B]Touch[/B] 19, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 17, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] +2 [B] Unarmed Strike [/B] +2 (1d6, x2) [B] Quarterstaff [/B] +2 (1d6, x2) [B] Sling [/B] +5 (1d4, x2) [B] Bracer AC 1[/B] (+1 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Deflect, +5 Misc) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 20 [B]Condition[/B] . [B]Skills:[/B] Bluff 5, Concentration 4, Craft Alchemy 9, Cooking 1, Diplomacy 8, Gather Info 5, Handle Animal 5, Heal 10, Hide 3, Nature 4, Religion 2, Listen 2, Move Silently 3, Perform 5, Profession Herbalist 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 5, UMD 5 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Sylvan, Elven [B]Feats: 1st:[/B] Augment Healing, [B]2nd:[/B] Skill Focus (Heal, Class), [B]3rd:[/B] Touch of Healing 4th: IUAS (class) [B]Healer Class Abilities:[/B] [ooc=Healing Hands (Ex)] Whenever a healer casts a spell that cures hit point damage, she adds her Charisma modifier to the amount of damage healed. For instance, if a 5th-level healer with an 18 Charisma casts cure light wounds, she cures 1d8+5 points of damage normally, plus an additional 4 points of damage due to her Charisma bonus. This bonus applies only to spells of the healing subschool that she casts as a healer, not to those that she may have by virtue of levels in another class.[/ooc], [B]3rd:[/B] Cleanse Paralysis (Su) 1/day [B]Battledancer Class Abilities: 1st:[/B] AC Bonus (Ex), Unarmed Strike 1d6 [spoiler=Spells][B]Daily: 0-lvl: [/B]5, [B]1st:[/B] 5, [B]2nd:[/B] 4 0-lvl: Create Water, Cure Minor wounds x3, Deathwatch 1st: Cure Light Wounds x2, Remove Paralysis, Sanctuary 2nd: Cure Moderate wounds x2, Remove Blindness/deafness, Lesser Restoration[/spoiler]
Faelwen Galadhrineth
Female Neutral Good Feytouched Healer 3, Battledancer 1, Level 4, Init 3, HP 32/32, Speed 30
AC 20, Touch 19, Flat-footed 17, Fort 3, Ref 6, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus +2
Unarmed Strike +2 (1d6, x2)
Quarterstaff +2 (1d6, x2)
Sling +5 (1d4, x2)
Bracer AC 1 (+1 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Deflect, +5 Misc)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 20
Condition .
Skills: Bluff 5, Concentration 4, Craft Alchemy 9, Cooking 1, Diplomacy 8, Gather Info 5, Handle Animal 5, Heal 10, Hide 3, Nature 4, Religion 2, Listen 2, Move Silently 3, Perform 5, Profession Herbalist 6, Spellcraft 5, Survival 5, UMD 5
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Elven
Feats: 1st: Augment Healing, 2nd: Skill Focus (Heal, Class), 3rd: Touch of Healing 4th: IUAS (class)
Healer Class Abilities: Healing Hands (Ex) , 3rd: Cleanse Paralysis (Su) 1/day
Battledancer Class Abilities: 1st: AC Bonus (Ex), Unarmed Strike 1d6

Spells

Daily: 0-lvl: 5, 1st: 5, 2nd: 4
0-lvl: Create Water, Cure Minor wounds x3, Deathwatch
1st: Cure Light Wounds x2, Remove Paralysis, Sanctuary
2nd: Cure Moderate wounds x2, Remove Blindness/deafness, Lesser Restoration

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)
Name
Alchemy
1d20+9 8
Survival
1d20+5 15

spacer.png

Rewund Hudorem - Church Inquisitor

Rewund is pleased to see Faelwen can take care of herself. If not in combat, that is.
"Don't fret. Your abilities lies elsewhere. But I agree you should keep behind the more armored of the group."

The priest has no skill at tracking, but he tries to see if there are other markings on the mut, like branding or a collar, before Ei-Leese disposes of its remains.

Name
Search
1d20+5 1

Viktor Blackwell 

image.png.0ff6c2583710fc5efdc498034e0295a0.pngViktor smiles warmly at Faelwen.

“Rewund is correct. I think perhaps you will save us all before this is over.”

He looks over to where the ranger is searching the area.

"Ei-Leese, Have you found anything?"

Lajal a swarthy young man, in desert clothing
Lajal Dothel Barok

HP: 28/28| AC:14 | Init: +3

It seemed that Lajal's words of power had fallen on deaf ears and that the first beast had been dispatched with ease. Lajal looks at the others as they talk about the other fleeing creature. "Perhaps we should track it back, so we know where it's headed, and can ascertain what we are up against."

Lajal takes note of the group dynamic, and sighs, he says nothing, waiting for Ei-leese to pick up the scent, while he checks the other beast. He takes several deep inhales taking in the scent of the creature. then when he has settled his mind, he turns to the others.

"I will change now, I will not be able to speak in human tongues but can talk in wolf, if you are able to, but I will understand what you say to me" he gives himself some room and then claps his hands together "Size of a wolf" and with a small puff of magic he transforms into a large wolf.

Lajal-as-wolf starts to sniff the ground and the dead body of the hellhound and using that scent, tries to track the creature back from whence they came.

There are clear tracks leading from the place the hellhounds entered from and where the hellhound went. Edwin stood up straight before looking back to the rest of the group. Honestly I think we should follow the hellhounds to where they came from, but that's just me. But it's up to you what we do. He said before taking a deep breath and looking towards where the hellhounds came from.

Ei-Leese Van Damakos, Lesser Tiefling Planar Ranger

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=20, Touch=15, FF=16 / HP=32/32 / Init=4 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=8, Will = 5  __________________________________________________________________________

Ei-Leese kneels as she carefully looks over the various tracks left by the pair of hellhounds, noting that one trail leads off into the forest where the hellish canine who accepted a bone went and a double-set of dog prints leading to the present clearing in the woods.

After assessing the situation, the planar ranger stands up and points in one direction saying, "That's the path the hell hound with the bone took after I changed its attitude towards us. That direction is the opposite way the pair of hounds came from, which is this way," Li-Li says again pointing in a new direction.

"Even if the canine with the bone heads towards its masters, it obviously went in the wrong direction to begin with and is likely enjoying the big bone of cartilage and dried meat I gave it. "

"So, for now, I figure it's preoccupied enough to give us time to investigate the other path. It may or may not show up later, but if I'm right it won't be on time to warn its masters, which is the primary concern."

"Thus, I too agree with Edwin that we should scout the path back to the hounds place of origin and try to move as stealthily but also as quickly as possible so we can retain the element of surprise, if at all possible," the massive Tiefling warrior tactically suggests.

"What are your guy's thoughts," she asks before picking a trail to track even though she has positioned herself near the recommended trail to follow?

Show Mechanics

Free Action: 

Move:  

Swift Action:   

Move Action:   

Standard Action:  Line up ready to continue tracking the trail leading to this spot and hopefully back to the primary foes

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

Viktor Blackwell 

image.png.0ff6c2583710fc5efdc498034e0295a0.pngViktor looks stern as he stares into the forest.

“If the hound that escaped went to its masters, then following it will lead us to those in need of justice.”

"If the hound went away from its masters, we can destroy it without them being alerted."

"I say we follow its tracks away from this spot."