OOC Chat & Questions

Pittance

So i'm relatively new to Ravenloft, so i have a quick question. If people can come from anywhere - as i understand it, they just get caught in the mists and end up in the dread realms in this case - can they come from the dread realm itself?

Second question. You say that the Gunslinger is available, i do like the gunslinger class, but i was wondering which guns you use, the ones in the DMG or the ones from Mercer - i ask mostly because Mercer's has misfire and the DMG doesn't

Third question. Again about the gunslinger, can you use other classes with guns (and the Gunner feat) for example, could i use the Arcane Archer, but have them use guns?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

So i'm relatively new to Ravenloft, so i have a quick question. If people can come from anywhere - as i understand it, they just get caught in the mists and end up in the dread realms in this case - can they come from the dread realm itself?

Second question. You say that the Gunslinger is available, i do like the gunslinger class, but i was wondering which guns you use, the ones in the DMG or the ones from Mercer - i ask mostly because Mercer's has misfire and the DMG doesn't

Third question. Again about the gunslinger, can you use other classes with guns (and the Gunner feat) for example, could i use the Arcane Archer, but have them use guns?

Thanks!

Firstly: Yes, people can even come from Falkovnia or any other dread realm. You could be from any one of them, although there's usually a narrative reason for such like the Dark Lord having been slain, and the realm temporarily being in flux due to the power vacuum left before another one steps in. Or, maybe you had an encounter with a Mistwalker who took you from one to another.

Second and thirdly: I would prefer you use the guns from Mercer as the class is designed around them.

Hope that helps!

53 minutes ago, Pittance said:

Firstly: Yes, people can even come from Falkovnia or any other dread realm. You could be from any one of them, although there's usually a narrative reason for such like the Dark Lord having been slain, and the realm temporarily being in flux due to the power vacuum left before another one steps in. Or, maybe you had an encounter with a Mistwalker who took you from one to another.

Second and thirdly: I would prefer you use the guns from Mercer as the class is designed around them.

Hope that helps!

Great, thanks. I'll take a look at some of the other dread realms - they are all so much fun, though i actually really like Falkovnia.

I was mostly asking about the guns because i was trying to figure out if i was using the Gunner Feat on another class (like fighter for example) or the Gunslinger class because the Mercer guns aren't compatible with the feat, but thats okay, i have the class so i'll take a look. I'm really tempted to start gunslinger and end up with a mix of gunslinger/paladin, it seems like it'd be so much fun to play a holy gunslinger.

I have heard the Gunslinger can be very swingy in terms of effectiveness but i've always wanted to play it and its so rare to see it available, i'm not sure i can give up the opportunity!

3 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

Great, thanks. I'll take a look at some of the other dread realms - they are all so much fun, though i actually really like Falkovnia.

I was mostly asking about the guns because i was trying to figure out if i was using the Gunner Feat on another class (like fighter for example) or the Gunslinger class because the Mercer guns aren't compatible with the feat, but thats okay, i have the class so i'll take a look. I'm really tempted to start gunslinger and end up with a mix of gunslinger/paladin, it seems like it'd be so much fun to play a holy gunslinger.

I have heard the Gunslinger can be very swingy in terms of effectiveness but i've always wanted to play it and its so rare to see it available, i'm not sure i can give up the opportunity!

It's definitely very swingy from what I have experienced. That said, if it's what fits your idea/concept then don't let mechanics stand in your way! We'll make it work with the rule of cool. 😎

I think I have finished my application, at least the sheet and character submission anyways. At least I tried to give you what you want in an application to the best of my ability. Not used to this site yet and how it functions. Also posted in the Pre Game Roleplay as well. I would really love to play her in this game. After seeing the little boy Toby in the movie Last Voyage of the Demeter whom I liked become fodder to Count Dracula why not have a character like him who could actually do more than put up a brave, cute face and be helpless. Well anyways hope you like her.

I know a lot of GM's are against children in a horror setting, especially if children end up dead and such, it adds to the horror/insanity and probably forces the party to have to feel like they have to rescue the child instead of her being a party member. My 2 cents, I once tried to get away with it using the PF1E halfling with the creepy doll feat lol, GM nixed it right away for the some of the reasons above.

I haven't finished my app and I am already thinking how I would deal with your character (if I were chosen), he probably doesn't like kids, he already feels cursed, is cursed and doesn't believe an angel is looking over his shoulder, even if he's got a celestial patron.

Also wonder why you rolled stats 3 different times when it wasn't part of the rules.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

I thought you could too but i can't get it to edit, maybe i'm just clicking the wrong thing.

Edit: Ah-huh! If you click the edit button on the bottom of the post, you can, if you use the three dots and click edit, you can't. ALSO the page is a different size there. I was wondering why sometimes you get the moderator options on the right (which squishes the page) and sometimes you don't.

Solved!

Instead I have another question. Do guns count as Martial weapons or are they unique weapons? Mostly i'm trying to see how i'd go about starting with guns. All the equipment that Fighters start with is worth about 110gp after you sell it all for half and a single pistol costs 150gp. If they count then i can start with two, if they don't then i have to buy them.

3 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

I thought you could too but i can't get it to edit, maybe i'm just clicking the wrong thing.

Edit: Ah-huh! If you click the edit button on the bottom of the post, you can, if you use the three dots and click edit, you can't. ALSO the page is a different size there. I was wondering why sometimes you get the moderator options on the right (which squishes the page) and sometimes you don't.

Solved!

Instead I have another question. Do guns count as Martial weapons or are they unique weapons? Mostly i'm trying to see how i'd go about starting with guns. All the equipment that Fighters start with is worth about 110gp after you sell it all for half and a single pistol costs 150gp. If they count then i can start with two, if they don't then i have to buy them.

I think it makes sense that they would be martial weapons. I have no issue with your character having two from the get-go if it suits her concept.

I'll also be giving my first pass over completed applications this Wednesday! Feel free to edit them all the way up to the deadline, however.

Edited by Pittance (see edit history)

1 hour ago, RillaTaj said:

Any allowed/forbidden sources?

Only what is dictated in the advertisement.

25 minutes ago, CapKirk said:

DM what about my character?

Conceptually, it's fine. Still debating!