Character Creation Q&A

foltor

1 hour ago, foltor said:

I'm not against it in principle, but it doesn't seem to connect to anything else going on in your character. Is there some specific utility you're hoping yo get out of it or does it connect to something in your background, or you just think it's cool?

I was mostly worrying a bit about Nova contributing on the investigation side. Was trying to ponder what she could bring to the table that'd be specific to her, something distinctive. It felt like resonance would be an interesting option, something useful and tie into the wider themes of her class. She's an inventor, a craftswoman, objects are her area of expertise. Being able to get a feel for the emotions that link to an item feels like it could fit her focus and process...

But TBH I kinda agree it's a reach. Maybe if I pivot harder into it, like saying psychic stuff is a family thing... or even swapping her wizard dedication for Psychic...IDK, it's a bit late here now, I'll stew on this.

I am intrigued by the various half-x options and wondering if I can go with Kitsune (Half-Fetchling) as my character's ancestry/heritage combination. Seems like a reasonable combination to me, but I would like to know for sure before I start delving into deep character creation.

1 hour ago, phirron said:

I am intrigued by the various half-x options and wondering if I can go with Kitsune (Half-Fetchling) as my character's ancestry/heritage combination. Seems like a reasonable combination to me, but I would like to know for sure before I start delving into deep character creation.

That's fine.

One last question about Kitsune Half-Fetchling. I noticed that Half-Elves and Half-Orcs gained lowlight vision from their Elvish/Orcish heritages in addition to the various traits and feat selection benefits.

Would a Kitsune Half-Fetchling gain dark vision from their Fetchling heritage as well as the traits and feat selection, or would the character just have the Fetchling trait and the ability to take Fetchling feats?