Applications

Application Format

1. Create a new thread in the Applications section.
  2. The title of your thread should be "[Character Name], [Ancestry or Heritage] [Class]"
  3. If your application is still under construction, put WIP at the top. If I don't see that, I'll assume your application is complete. Make sure to delete it when your application is ready for review.
Basics

Name:

Picture (optional, but strongly recommended)

Ancestry (Heritage):

Background:

Class (subclass if applicable, archetype):

Concept: A one sentence 'elevator pitch' of your character. Why is your [Ancestry] [Class] better/cooler/more interesting than some other [Ancestry] [Class]?

Description: A 1-2 paragraph summary of their appearance and personality.

Details

Required question: Why did your character join Traxler's Dragoons?

Choose at least three bonus questions to respond to. Use spoilers or private text if it's something you'd like to keep secret from the other PCs.

• What is a personal goal your character has separate from the work of the Dragoons? Alternately, what is a cool scene or milestone you as a player want to see your character experience?
  • What is a cool magic item you'd like your character to acquire in the future?
  • What does your character dislike about themself?
  • What biases or prejudices does your character have?
  • How does your character's highest or lowest attribute manifest itself? How obvious is it to others?
  • What could be your character's theme song / entry music?
  • What is something your character regrets?
  • What is your character's most controversial opinion?
Statblock

Insert your character's statblock.

Player Information

Is there anything I need to know about you as a player? Schedule restrictions? Pet peeves? Triggers?

Character Creation Guidelines

Starting Level

• Start at Level 2. Your character had been adventuring for a while before joining Traxler's Dragoons.
    • This means you start with 20gp instead of 15. For your starting magic item, you have been issued a Dragoon badge. See Setting > Traxler's Dragoons for details.
  • Free Archetype is in effect.

Sources

In general, all Paizo 2e books are on the table. Anything specific to Golarion, the Inner Sea, or the Age of Lost Omens may need to be altered to fit this campaign's setting.

In general, I am very open to cosmetically reskinning features to make them better fit your mental image, but I'm very cautious about tinkering with mechanics, accepting homebrew, or opening the door to 3rd party content.

Ancestries

• All Common and Uncommon Ancestries allowed except Gnoll and Leshy.
  • A maximum of one (1) PC can play a Rare Ancestry (in this case, including Gnoll and Leshy). If you are interested in having the option of playing as a Rare Ancestry, complete your application as a Common or Uncommon Ancestry character, and let me know that you'd like to play as a [whatever] as an alternate character concept.

Heritages

• You know how the Half-Elf Heritage lets a Human character take both Elf and Human Ancestry Feats? You can be Half-[whatever]. Within the bounds of logic, you can have any base Ancestry and have a Heritage that lets you access a different Ancestry's Feats. Dwarf (Half-Human)? Sure. Elf (Half-Kitsune)? Go nuts. Catfolk (Half-Ratfolk)? I...guess? I'm sure there's a story there. Skeleton (Half-Sprite)? No, for several reasons I'm sure you can imagine.
  • Uncommon Heritages are fine. Consult with me before choosing a Rare Heritage.

Backgrounds

• All Common and Uncommon Backgrounds are allowed, but most Uncommon Backgrounds (and even some Common Backgrounds), take some modification to divorce them from Golarion.
  • I'm not as stingy about Rare Backgrounds as I am about Rare Ancestries, but please consult with me before choosing one.

Languages

Common and Undercommon are both pidgin trade languages with simplified grammar and limited vocabulary. They aren't the national language of any kingdom and nobody would write serious literature in those languages.

Humans get +1 regional language (posting a list later)

Classes

• All Paizo classes are allowed. Be advised, I'm only familiar with the classes from the Core Rulebook and Advanced Players Guide. If you choose one of the newer classes, I won't be able to help you figure out your abilities.
  • You might be thinking that the premise of this campaign calls for an Investigator. In truth, every class will be helpful in their own way.

19 topics in this forum

1. Character Creation Q&A 1 2 3

• 34 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
  2. Tethyr, Half-Elf Magus

• 3 replies
  3. Thelon - Human Monk

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies