Character Creation Questions and OOC

Morkskittar

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Presently, we are very tech heavy with both Mei and the Red Queen basically being computer wizzes with significant adjacent technical skill in nano-tech and manufacturing.

The Red Queen is also becoming an async later on and is... somewhat feral given they're an evolved rather than developed AGI and also may or may not be unshackled lol. Once upon a time they were an interactive UI and system administrator for 3d printers.

Greetings! I'll let the current players speak for themselves, but there's no concept that's "needed" per se. That being said, the team is definitely on the weaker side when it comes to combat and social skills, at the very least. Maybe general espionage stuff as well.

Edited by Morkskittar (see edit history)

Hello! My friend directed me here and I figured I'd toss my hat into the ring and apply, though I will be upfront, I'm very much a newbie to the system and would need help learning and being taught how things go, but I do have a copy of the 2nd edition book, and going through the character creation process as outlined has been pretty smooth so far, I think, but I'm always up for advice and pointers^^

Hello all! I've been dreaming of playing Eclipse Phase for years now, so I'll try my luck here too. At the moment I'm thinking about a mindhacker with a past in the Martian mob. I'm being extra-busy IRL at the moment but I hope being able to make the full formal application by mid-week.

Hello, I'm sorry to have to ask but I have a question.

I'm afraid I don't understand something about how psi sleights are acquired. I get that, first, one must acquire the Psi trait with CP at the appropriate level, and then there's a free sleight linked with a particular sub-strain; and then all other sleights must be bought with CP, or later in-game with RP.

My problem is, there's no cost listed for the psi sleights, so how does that work?

Thanks by advance for any reply.

Great question! My apologies; I neglected to make a note in my summary spreadsheet, and there's only a single little paragraph buried in the EP core book that mentions it. All Psi sleights cost 1 CP; the real "cost" to a sleight is that using some of them incur heavy costs on your psyche/stress levels, and this cost differs.

I think everyone's characters are more or less set; if you want to make any changes, you can directly edit your character sheet (or make a post in your application thread). I'll wait until the deadline for the ad campaign runs out this weekend before making any decisions, and then hopefully get started within a week or so of that. :)

Your potential employers will keep you waiting in the waiting room for a bit longer. ;)