The Mead Hall (OOC)

Ace Bronson

1 hour ago, Kistler said:

My instinct was to protect the caster, but now i see that was flawed!

There is a reason why I have 16 Con. 💟💟💟💟💜

(I already posted this in Discord but I wanted to make sure everyone saw it. Lets keep the conversation in discord for now so it doesn't become fractured.)

The leader is the only one standing. You have some options. 1. You can continue combat rounds and fight him to the death. 2. You can end combat and execute him narratively. 3. You can end combat and capture him narratively. 4. You can end combat and do something I hadn't thought of. Please feel free to discuss in the OOC channel.

You have another decision to make as well. You have lost 6 of your 20 crew in the skirmish. However. you have the other ship bested if you choose. here are your options: 1. you can board their vessel. They will resist but you will take it. You will lose more men in the process but you will have a second ship. The question will be whether you have enough men to skeleton crew both of them after the fighting. A successful Diplomacy roll could convince some of the less scummy surviving members of their crew to join you. 2. You can take it and scuttle it with a similar loss of men. 3. You can cut your losses and make a clean escape. no risk of losing more men, but leaving the other ship to the surviving crew. 4. You can do something I haven't thought of. Please decide and resolve the question of Higvarr the Snake before diving into this question. I just wanted to put it out there for people to think about

Higvarr has been defeated in a duel by Ranulf. there is currently a discussion being had about whether to let Ranulf's final blow be the end of Higvarr the Snake or whether there is merit if reviving and sparing him in some fashion. Please feel free to weigh in on that both from a player perspective or your characters perspective. I'll roll with whatever y'all decide. The decisions about the strange stow-away, the pirate crew and the ship all still need to be considered as well, but Higvarr's fate should be decided first so I can make an appropriate in-game post to show his fate.

Despite his CHA of 12, if the offer of joining us is to be made to the crew of the other ship I feel that it should be Ranulf to make the Diplomacy Check. Hjarlof can add Eagle's Splendor to him, CHA+4, and then Aid Another for an Additional+2...

But that is a decision for he group and ranulf

9 minutes ago, Kistler said:

Shouldn't the captain of the ship get to make that choice?

technically yes. For the sake of they game he's willing to support any reasonable choice y'all make and I'd rather one of you speak up and play it out so It's not just me sitting in the corner playing by myself.

I know its early days and we've only just gotten started, but before we set too much precedent, I am not into games with a 'party leader' who is the main character while the rest of us stand around holding our... swords. Just hoping it won't be a trend.

6 minutes ago, Kistler said:

I know its early days and we've only just gotten started, but before we set too much precedent, I am not into games with a 'party leader' who is the main character while the rest of us stand around holding our... swords. Just hoping it won't be a trend.

Fair point. The last section was not that way, so I am confident it will not be a trend. 😁

Thanks for the healing, but I'm not sure how it works.

Do I add the healing to replace the missing hit points?

or

Does it convert the missing hit points to subdual damage?

or

Do I need to sleep or engage in any activity for it to work?

Please anyone advise! Thanks! 😀

30 minutes ago, Kistler said:

I think the decision about the enemy Captain living or dying ultimately being Ranulf's make sense, because he was the one who fought him.

After that, I don't see any reason why his opinion should hold more sway than anyone else's, regardless of his clan. I think all that does is make the quest a bit more personal for him.

Our crew was depleted in the fight, it only makes sense to refill those numbers. It's a passive aspect of the game anyways.

Let's loot the ship for necessities, because we need. Otherwise, I don't think we need to linger on this encounter anymore.

20 minutes ago, Terran said:

Do I add the healing to replace the missing hit points?

Correct.

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Otherwise, I don't think we need to linger on this encounter anymore.

Shoot, I want to see Grey Feather get introduced. Linger on that!

ร—
ร—