The Mead Hall (OOC)

Ace Bronson

Thanks for being willing to try it out. If you have it on your phone it can give you notifications. You can also set it to open automatically when you start your computer and you'll get a little discreet visual notification on your toolbar. If we have something we want you to see specifically we can tag you as well. Anyway, give it a go and we'll try to make it work for us.

So here are some options for the upcoming encounter. Goran, in bear form, is able to get there well ahead of the rest of you, if he chooses. So Goran, you need to decide if you want to be there by yourself for several rounds or if you want to pace yourself with the rest of the group. I'll give you a bit of DM foreshadowing, It will likely be a tough encounter, so do with that what you will...

Another option is that anyone can have a torch in hand and burning as they enter the encounter. Just be aware that it will occupy one of your hands. I set up the map with Alruna holding a torch since she seems the least needy of both hands. But if anyone else wants one I will give you one on the map. It will be dark aside from the torch light.

Anyone is welcome to have hourly or minute based spells going as you approach the scene, please just tell me explicitly what you've cast and be sure to mark it off.

I wanted to post this here as well to make sure everyone sees it:

I'd like to introduce a house rule of Fate Points. The Norns sometimes provide a little wiggle room for those worthy of their destinies. You may use a fate point to reroll any single die roll but must accept the new result. Everyone can start with one. Please mark it on your character sheet and keep track of them if you gain or lose them. I will award fate points for worthy contributions to the story, good roleplaying or fitting heroics.

I averaged the PC rolls to compare with the NPC's. The NPC's won the initiative with their 21 vs. PC average of 17.3. So after Goran and Alfdis' bonus round the NPC's will go.

Edited by Ace Bronson (see edit history)
Name
Alruna Init
1d20+4 14
Alfdis Init
1d20 13
Goran Init
1d20+3 13
Blodarna Init
1d20+6 16
Ranulf Init
1d20+5 11
Hjarlof Init