The Mead Hall (OOC)

Ace Bronson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As you prepare for you expedition, you are granted access to any reasonable amount of mundane tools, equipment or provisions you want. Please make a list of what you'd like to requisition and whether you plan to carry it on your person or stow it on the ship. In addition to that, Each individual is granted a 1000gp stipend to spend on consumable resources like potions, scrolls etc. Please follow our general setting guidelines for magic when choosing these. If you're not sure, just ask. Again, let me know what you've chosen.

Should we make a Ship thread tracks inventory and crew? We definitely need a name!

To start, I would propose:

-Livestock (goose, goat, ox)

-Feed

-Mead

-Spare sails, oars, caulk, timbers for masts and spars

-Rowboat

-Mead

-Oiled tarps

-Braziers

-Any fruits or vegetables that are in season

-Cider (because we don't want scurvy!)

-Mead

-Ale (because it keeps better than water)

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

I'm implementing a small house rule called Fate Points. Everyone will start with 3. I will award them as I see fit based on individual actions or group accomplishments. The mechanics are simple. Spend a fate point to reroll a d20. the new result replaces the old result. You can spend multiple fate on a single roll if you want. Hopefully that will give you a little more agency in those crucial moments. Please keep track of them yourselves on your character sheet or on your post template.

here are the rules we'll be using to modify our magic items and treasure. https://www.bpfindley.com/Bonus.html If anyone has questions please let me know. Consider yourselves two levels higher on the chart but expect to see smaller and less frequent in game rewards to compensate. Starting 5th level characters get 5250gp to spend instead of 10500gp. If existing players need help converting their current gear please let me know. Since players at the start of the campaign only got 4500gp, it should balance out. Sorry for the hassle around this but I believe this will set a more appropiate tone for the setting moving forward. Thanks for your patience!

10 minutes ago, Kistler said:

Qe shoukd probabky do some knowledge checks on climate and terrain, but should we also requisition snow shoes, climbing kits, and camping supplies?

That would be a knowledge geology, which I don't believe you're trained in. You do know that it's summer time and you have a vague idea that you're sailing to a large island just north of Ormrung territory which isn't terribly far north. There are already ample camping supplies packed, climbing kits are a good idea, you're not sure about snow shoes though, but you're guessing probably not. You do have knowledge history, if you're interested in seeing what you can recall about the story of Asmundr and Hildir you could roll that.

I learned yesterday if it's below DC10 you can do knowledge checks Untrained.

Maybe some water wings (tm) for the sea voyage: 🙃

I'll try to get another post up if not tonight, then in the morning

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Kistler said:

I learned yesterday if it's below DC10 you can do knowledge checks Untrained.

Maybe some water wings (tm) for the sea voyage: 🙃

I'll try to get another post up if not tonight, then in the morning

oh cool. I see that now. Sure, feel free to make untrained knowledge checks for something you're curious about for some basic info. If there's dialogue or RP involved you can make it part of an ingame post. you can also just roll here or in the discord dice channel. just make it clear what you're rolling.

Edited by Ace Bronson (see edit history)

ร—
ร—