OOC

Chaz Hoosier

Up to you. If you do, it will come out of its trance and attack before anyone else can attack it.

If we wait and all attack at once, the chances of success increases vs. a single attack.

But who knows, you might crit!

Go on and take the round to get ready for the ogre.

I wasn't sure if that means to get ready (plan) but not act, or to get ready but only take move actions, or to take a normal round of actions?

Several people have already acted this turn. If someone attacks him this turn, that would bring him out of his trance, allowing him to attack someone before everyone else's chance to respond next turn.

I am pretty sure the corner he was firing around provided cover. I might have it wrong:

PHB p. 150

To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target’s square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

So, with no Dex modifier to the Ogre's AC since it was flat-footed and held stationary, a 16 does not hit either?

I guess we need a description of the creature's armor. It might be time to flee.