OOC Thread

Llyarden

If worse comes to worst, I can slip through any cracks in shadow form, and possibly unlock from inside. If there's anyone on the other side, it could be dicey, assuming they could see me, however...

On 1/14/2024 at 2:30 AM, GralphidBlackstrip said:

Vance want to take first pass at lock-picking? Velras can always do the "smash the door with a hammer" method of lockpicking otherwise. I actually have a decent skill at disable device, but it's not great and I forgot to buy lock picks.

Welp, my rolls were low AF, but my mods are high AF, so we'll see! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. To be honest the whole 'site getting hacked' thing...kinda sapped my motivation a bit. IRL I have some family stuff going on this week and weekend, but I'll try to post next week assuming nothing goes wrong with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we're back, sorry again for the delay. Long story short my father had an operation on Monday, and while the operation itself all went perfectly it stressed me out more than I was expecting.

To clarify, does Khefu's scrying beacon see through illusions? Is the illusion something we're seeing now, then?

To the group: Does anyone have an innate method of seeing through illusions? I can grab true sight for 8 minutes at a time, though I'm not sure if it's worth it or not at the moment. Clearly they felt it useful up here as a deterrent, but what else might we encounter further in?

By default, scrying doesn't see through illusions. My best guess is that we triggered a magic trap on the way in somehow.

I'm in the same boat as Venn, in that I've got true seeing, but don't know if a weird staircase is worth such a powerful and expensive spell.

My Detect magic is free as long as I spend a minute to cast it, so let's see if that detects a magic aura.

If it is, I can try to sunder it, which also doesn't take any resources besides an action. The only downside is that depending on Llyarden's interpretation, it probably makes as much noise as combat does, so it might alert any residents that we're here.

16 hours ago, GralphidBlackstrip said:

The only downside is that depending on Llyarden's interpretation, it probably makes as much noise as combat does, so it might alert any residents that we're here.

Well there's not much interpreting needed, Magical Signs is very obvious.

Velras

You don't detect any magic on the stairs.

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)