Out-of-Character Chat

TheFred

For ease, I've just been assuming that everyone speaks the same. Perhaps we could have had different regions speaking different languages but I think we'll just stick with PHB default (so "Common").

Terran, eve, do you want to copy your characters' info over, too?

I'm off to visit family next week so please bear with me - I might not get much chance to transfer all the old threads over.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year all, and Merry Christmas.

I'm back from my family-visiting but I'm about to turn right back around for a work trip and I'll be away from my PC and I'm not sure how busy I'll be. I'm sure we're all itching to get started but my posting's likely to be a bit limited until I'm back properly I'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...

It is now, thanks... my trip was great, but didn't end so well as my flight got delayed, I missed the connection and had to get a later one, etc. Been a busy week too and feel like I've only just had a chance to catch up on my sleep!

Anyway, let's get the game going again. Apologies to all you new folks especially for having to wait before even getting to post.

We're right outside the mines and I think everyone is desperate to get inside, but I wanted to give you all a chance to "check in" with an IC post. Also you should confirm whether you want the villagers with you or not (either all of them, just some e.g. Hypsilla the priestess, or none of them). The villagers will obviously help you, but might also get themselves killed. Also I think Eve and Terran have kinda decided now that the villagers aren't quite the innocent victims they claimed to be and are, at the least, consumed with a desire for revenge (and possibly partly to blame for the conflict in the first place).

Are we presuming that the PCs all know each other and have been together ever since the last battle ended?

or

Are the two original PCs with the villagers at the entrance and the new PCs make their appearance?

Yes, for ease, let's say that the new characters were in the other group when the villagers split up - some went with Eustice and Kassandra, some went with them. So, you've met each other before, back at the village (we'll retcon that bit), but the last little bit with just E&K doesn't have to change at all. That means that, yeah, they would have been there for that last fight, arriving just in time to provide reinforcements.

Eh... probably technically yes, but I think for ease just leave it. We don't have to be super accurate about all that.

I'm not envisaging this being a long slog, anyway - you're pretty much at the end of this chapter. Obviously exactly what happens is up to you but there's essentially one final confrontation which could still be resolved entirely without combat, or which might just be a big grand finale fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm if you know someone is nearby but can't see them/pinpoint them can you still contact them telepathically? Jann have telepathy out to 100 ft so Jezira and Clem might be able to communicate as they move forward