Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Text being deleted by the editor

Lycar

So... I understand that in order to use the new dice functionality, you need to start a post, save it, and then add rolls.

So far, so good.

But it keeps happening to me that text that I enter and not save before adding a roll gets deleted/not saved when I click on save.

For example, I open a post with my PC's stat block, write some flavour text and safe. Then I edit the post, add some more text about my toon making a roll, add the roll, and save again.

What gets displayed is the original text I saved and the new roll, but the flavour text I added is gone.

Also, if I go and highlight some text in, say, the IC thread, click copy and then try to have that quote show up in the OOC thread, the copied text does not show up in the new post edit window. This only seems to be working inside the same thread?

2 hours ago, Lycar said:

So... I understand that in order to use the new dice functionality, you need to start a post, save it, and then add rolls.

So far, so good.

But it keeps happening to me that text that I enter and not save before adding a roll gets deleted/not saved when I click on save.

For example, I open a post with my PC's stat block, write some flavour text and safe. Then I edit the post, add some more text about my toon making a roll, add the roll, and save again.

What gets displayed is the original text I saved and the new roll, but the flavour text I added is gone.

I'm not able to replicate this on Chromium 116. Can you link to a post where you've seen this problem? It may be unrelated to dice.

2 hours ago, Lycar said:

Also, if I go and highlight some text in, say, the IC thread, click copy and then try to have that quote show up in the OOC thread, the copied text does not show up in the new post edit window. This only seems to be working inside the same thread?

bwatford is correct; Quote and Quote Selection place it into the editor window for the same thread. If you want to take it from there to another thread, select the editor contents, use the browser's copy function, and paste it into the editor window for the other thread.

Try this one: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/8142-chapter-6-pillars-of-ruin-continued/page/4/#comments

Posted the stat block and wrote some text, saved.

Added Fortitude save roll, saved.

Added more text in result to the save, then added the attack rolls etc. and saved again. Text I wrote was not saved, only the rolls.

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if its related to this topic.

I can write a post in MS Word and change font color and a few other things like bold or underline sentences then copy and past it into the post but only the parts or even paragraphs that do not have font changes will be in the post. I have to right click and select plain text or what ever it says to make what I have written transfer into this thread.

1 hour ago, Excior said:

Not sure if its related to this topic.

I can write a post in MS Word and change font color and a few other things like bold or underline sentences then copy and past it into the post but only the parts or even paragraphs that do not have font changes will be in the post. I have to right click and select plain text or what ever it says to make what I have written transfer into this thread.

That is your browser trying to interpret MSWord (which is not html) into html for the web. Some things which are not HTML5 compliant or things like colors (which get filtered out intentionally) which get filtered out due to not working well with the different theme's options available here or being restricted by the html sanitizer.

Also, not all fonts are available here so the font you are trying to copy may not be available and being converted to the default. It is always best practice to copy only as plain text and format here in the editor for best performance.