Applications

Character Creation

This is a horror and monster hunter campaign and this will be reflected in the combat and game design. Please keep all the requirements of the monster hunt in mind when designing your character. A Monster Hunt can be divided into 5 steps:

1. An inciting incident where the victim or monster sighting is presented to the party.

2. Players break into smaller groups to investigate the monster. They need to find where the monster’s lair is; but may also work to identify its attacks, weaknesses, and behaviors. This will make the hunt easier and less lethal. This may be on a timeline, depending on how the monster is behaving.

3. Players meet to compare notes and devise a strategy. You may prepare equipment, traps, and the environment to hunt the monster.

4. Players hunt the monster in their lair. Hopefully their preparations and investigations are enough for all to return alive.

5. Players debrief, relax, and develop their social relationships. Players may convert monster trophies into magical items, develop professions, and make advancements in class and transformation levels.

Character Level: 3

Allowed Races: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Human, Gnome, Changelings, Kalashtar, Downcast, Laneshi, Ogresh, Wechselkind.

You may be able to play another race mechanically, but canonically, it will be a Transformed version of one of the allowed races. Please contact me if this is the case as I will want to work out what kind of reactions from the populace you will expect beforehand.

Allowed Books: All official content, Grim Hollow Setting

Ability Scores: 27 point-buy

Background: Players will select a Professional Background or create their own. Professional Backgrounds will advance in rank if you fulfill objectives and grant you bonuses to skill checks and other benefits as you climb the social ladder. You can choose a bonus feat with your background, but may not select a half-feat. 

History: Give me a brief history of your character’s life. You must include the incident that introduced you to the world of the occult. I will be pulling from the history and NPCs to create a plot web when connecting and choosing characters suitable for the campaign.

NPCs: Give me 3 NPCs to help connect you to the world. Flesh them as much as you feel comfortable with. They will feature during the downtime segments in a manner similar to a visual novel and will be instrumental to progress your class and transformation levels, access shops, and flesh out character progression.

Transformation: You may select the transformation pathway you possess. You can choose to already have achieved level 1 transformation or roleplay into it at the start of the game.

Starting Equipment: Players begin with starting equipment, 150gp, and their choice of the following.

• One common magic item
  • 500gp worth of equipment.