Out of Character

Green Eyed Liar

Question regarding the website, but every time I use the dice roller it fails to actually work the first time I save the post. I then delete the prior attempt and do the same thing a second time and it actually works. Anyone know why it's doing this?

Try waiting for a while. For me, the roll appears after 30 or 40 seconds, even when the rest of the post is there. Plus, the dice summary (if enabled) shows the rolls immediately.

Sorry you're having troubles. I've only recently, mostly, gotten past my frustrations with the site, and mostly used to it.

I would say I hope the above suggestion works for you.

But, maybe keep with what you're doing. 3 cantrips in one turn is pretty powerful... ;)

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 1:09 AM, tom_gore said:

As a sidenote anyone else note that every monster we fight seems to have higher modifiers than our party? +10 or higher seems to be the norm even for the "line troops". No wonder we get hit all the time and can't seem to get past their saves.

This adventure module is brutal.

You are correct about the bonuses. The standard morlocks (the ones equipped only with clubs and without spellcasting ability) are level two creatures. When I compare their stat array with the default creatures on Monster Tool, defensively they have moderate AC, moderate -1 Fortitude, moderate +1 Will, and high Reflex and Hit Points. Offensively, they have a high Attack Bonus and low +1 Strike Damage. The scavengers were level 1, engineers level 3, and cultist level 4, but they generally followed the same patterns statistically.

The party's spells have all targetted either AC or their strongest (by far) saving throw. Against your party, they are likely to hit but not do much damage. Both saving throws and damage have been made significantly worse due to my high d20 rolls for most of this level.

Also, this is in fact considered a brutal AP.

EDIT: If you choose to not pursue the morlocks, there are several rooms that you ran through but did not explore thoroughly, plus there are a few doors that were bypassed but not opened while chasing the cultist.

Edited by Green Eyed Liar (see edit history)

hurt myself playing softball. lower right of back above hip.  may go to ER now.  likely to miss this CvC.  (or play a ton while resting)  :slight_smile:  Not major. But nearly unable to walk at the moment.  (I guess not major in the broken, etc since)

7 minutes ago, Cleric8092 said:

hurt myself playing softball. lower right of back above hip.  may go to ER now.  likely to miss this CvC.  (or play a ton while resting)  :slight_smile:  Not major. But nearly unable to walk at the moment.  (I guess not major in the broken, etc since)

Hope for nothing major. Being almost 50 I can say hurting your back happens a lot if you're not careful at this age.

Possible causes for hurting your back is anything sports related, but also lifting anything remotely heavy in a "funny" position (not funny when it happens), jumping down from a height of two stairs or more, slipping and falling on a surface, slipping and almost falling on a surface, and getting out of bed.

4 hours ago, Cleric8092 said:

Ouch, I feel for you. I have back issues too, being both tall and old.

Well. I'm retiring from softball.

Seen by Provider at Employee Clinic.  Out of work rest of week. Celebrex.  (Anti inflammatory) and Tylenol and rest.  Has gotten somewhat better already.  Me and Provider both agreed no x ray or injection for now, unless gets worse.  2am was completely unable to walk, almost drove to ER.  Good times.  Otherwise all good.  :)