The Group Money Fund

Malkavian Grin

From the previous delve into the dungeon, the group was paid/found:

89 Silver
425 Gold

Splitting this evenly between the four PCs (at the time) gives us each: 22 Silver and 106 Gold.

In order to keep from splitting coins, I will add the leftover 1 Silver and 1 gold to the party fund.

Out of that payment, Morrull donated 20 Gold to the fund.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was something like 200 gp of the remaining reward. The reward was to be 400 gp: we took 200 in advance to pay for various artifices to find and secure the Stone. I believe the remaining 200 was paid out upon our return and demonstration that Sssthessik was no more ... I mean no longer a threat. Of course, @eakratz would have to confirm.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, eakratz said:

That sounds right. Now I have a questions about coin and XP. I was interpreting "found treasure" as XP worthy, but "paid coin" for a job as just money. Does that sound right to all you OSR gurus?

I think so. I can't recall where I read this, but IIRC the idea is that one gets XPs for wealth that is added to the economy so-to-say: that is, wealth removed from a dungeon or lair hoard or what-have-you and brought into civilization's coffers.

A reward, OtOH, doesn't do this and, thus, isn't liable for XP award -- the wealth value is its own reward.

In OSE magic items likewise do not convey XPs, but in Hyperborea they do. Selling magical items, however, do not convey addition XPs. So a suit of +1 leather is worth 300 XPs and has a gp price of 1500 gp. One gets the 300 xp for finding it, but no additional XPs for selling it. I suspect the difference is that OSE is a B/X equivalent, whilst Hyperborea is really more 1E AD&D (or maybe 1E+2E AD&D).

• 1 month later...

Loot summary for Rats & Other Nasties (1st foray):

x5 cloaks at 250 gp/each = 1250 gp

x1 statue at 500 gp = 500 gp

x360 silver = 36 gp

x343 electrum = 171.5 gp

x3 potions: healing; cure disease; invisibility

x1 halberd (magical, presumably, but not a weapon with which either of our two fighter sub-classes has Weapon Mastery so a bit of a trade-off: useful, though, if encountering creatures with resistance/immunity to non-magical attacks)

x1 tome written in Hyperborean Esoterica Value tbd.

We offered the two sailors 1.5 gp/day each. So 3.0 gp/day for the pair of them.

=======================

Loot summary (2nd foray)

x5 pewter goblets of ancient design. Value tbd

• 2 months later...

The items are:

• +1 pterydactyl leather armour
  • 5 radiation grenades - range 30/60/90; 20 foot radius blast; 5d4 damage avoidance save for half, exposure poisons the victims and they will die in 1d12+12 days unless cure disease or neutralize poison is cast. 
  • ring of invisibility - wearer may use the spell invisibility as if cast at 10th level.