Hi all 👋

Brone86

Welcome to the weave Brone86. You'll find plenty of games to whet your appetite here. There's plenty of 5e games advertising, and we still have a relatively active 3.5e contingent here too so I'm sure you'll find something.

Plenty of other, more niche, systems also about on here, and most GMs are friendly to those wanting to learn different systems.

8 minutes ago, Brone86 said:

Thanks! Is there a way to spectate existing games? It's been a while since I've tried play by post, and last time technology and time zones were against me.

Some games have their content publicly available, so go to games and just click on whichever one you like.

A few games are closed or private-for those, you cannot access content.

20 minutes ago, Brone86 said:

Thanks! Is there a way to spectate existing games? It's been a while since I've tried play by post, and last time technology and time zones were against me.

In addition to what Vladim said, you can click on the Follow button on the Overview tab of the game to put it in your Followed Games set, which will then appear on the home page so you know when there's new content.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 12:01 AM, Brone86 said:

Hi, just came to check this place out. Roleplaying is one of my favourite hobbies, but my work schedule doesn't allow for normal games, so I'm hoping to scratch the itch here. I used to play 3e and WoD back in uni, and I haven't had the chance to play much since.

Welcome to the Weave, Brone! Many us do Play-by-Post specifically because our schedules don't play nice with a standard scheduled session, so you'll fit right in with the rest of us.

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Baldr User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2023 at 11:35 PM, Yamazaki said:

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 

😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

Sorry, I've just seen your message and the Discord invite has expired. Could I please trouble you to send a fresh one?

54 minutes ago, Brone86 said:

Sorry, I've just seen your message and the Discord invite has expired. Could I please trouble you to send a fresh one?

There's a Discord icon on the top of the website-next to the facebook and twitter (Eh... I mean X... whatever) icons. It should take you directly there!