Sheet Folders in Testing ×

sign in/request a simulation.

SMARTAgentKC

@Thistledown Sign in Registered, you should notice that I am starting to build your simulation over there (points at topic with Thistledown's name on it)

@Guardian Angel Haruki Sign in Registered, welcome GAH, let me know when you got an idea nailed down and I'll be more than happy to help simulate it.

@Drakeburn Sign in Registered, welcome, Hmm... Cardslinger... wasn't that an Unearthed Arcana somewhere... *checks network and doesn't find anything under unearthed Arcana* huh... could have sworn there was something relating to use of a deck of cards for a focus or something, anyhow let's see what you got here *checks link* hmm... fascinating, I'm not sure if there is a way here to simulate cards being drawn and removing them out of a deck. I could most likely use a third party app if necessary. *sniffs air* why am I smelling rotten eggs?

@SMARTAgentKC

If you do not have a set of playing cards, you can use dice instead. Use a d4 to determine the suit (1 to 4 alphabetically) and a d12 to determine your card, treating 1 as an Ace, 11 as a Jack, and 12 as your choice of a King or Queen. You’ll need a couple of tokens or a record on your character sheet to count your Jokers.

Though if you're still not enthusiastic about the homebrew subclass, would it be cool if I try the Physician class instead?

@Thistledown I did have a wild west setting in mind, but I'm open to any kind of setting. A heist in an Arabian Nights style setting sounds fun.

I'm fine with the cardslinger subclass and the physician class is fine too. It's up to you on what you want to experiment with and no one is saying you can't use both (just most likely not on the same character)

You can also ask to run your own solo game

Also to note I'm not fully versed in the standard settings of the Forgotten Realms or Eberron. I tend to run custom made worlds for most of my games

13 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

I'm fine with the cardslinger subclass and the physician class is fine too. It's up to you on what you want to experiment with and no one is saying you can't use both (just most likely not on the same character)

Also to note I'm not fully versed in the standard settings of the Forgotten Realms or Eberron. I tend to run custom made worlds for most of my games

Fair nuff! How do you feel about integrating some of the heists in Keys from the Golden Vault?

If we're going straight homewbrew setting, that makes it even easier to just pull in pieces, like the aforementioned Lightning Rail. I'm definitely keen on incorporating clockwork and steam/magic-punk, including firearms!

I played in a 3.5 fantasy wild west game back in the day over on the Giant's playground, though the Wild West/Fantasy tropes presented are probably far too "un-PC" for 2023 audiences: Humans and dwarves were the "European" settlers/conquerors in the "new world", with the "Indians/Native Americans" being wood/green elves, orcs and goblins being the manual labor slave class from the "dark world" continent, and the "Chinamen" tropes of the Wild West era (exotic merchants and opium dens) being "oriental" styled gnomes and halflings, half elves and half orcs facing prejudice from "miscegenation", etc... so yeah... 🙄. Probably wouldn't fly now, that ideas of races having distinct cultures is considered problematic, but to an extent those tropes are endemic to, and perhaps even best explored through wild west stories.

1 hour ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

That’s good to know. For some dumb reason, I got the impression you didn’t like the cardslinger from that tidbit about the smell of rotten eggs after what you said about the cardslinger.

@Thistledown I will see about accquiring access to the keys from the golden vault and seeing if any of those heist ideas will work.

For Tides of Sand I already have a few ideas of some magic tech to be incorporated. After all you can't cross a 'ocean' of sand without some sort of transport

@Drakeburn

Oh that line about the rotten eggs was just me being funny about the devils (who tend to have the smell of brimstone/sulfur/rotten eggs about them) chasing your cardslinger.