sign in/request a simulation.

SMARTAgentKC

Hello, I agree to all the rules and would like to request a simulation game, preferably a one-shot or short adventure but open to anything. I’m pretty new to DnD. I know most of the rules and would like to gain some experience in one of these experimental games since I don’t feel comfortable applying yet and don’t want to slow anyone’s game. I can usually post once a day but a slower post rate is fine too. I would like to play either solo or in a group of people who don’t mind that I’m not that experienced yet. The character I have in mind is a dwarf druid.

Edited by BlackFinch (see edit history)

17 hours ago, BlackFinch said:

Hello, I agree to all the rules and would like to request a simulation game, preferably a one-shot or short adventure but open to anything. I’m pretty new to DnD. I know most of the rules and would like to gain some experience in one of these experimental games since I don’t feel comfortable applying yet and don’t want to slow anyone’s game. I can usually post once a day but a slower post rate is fine too. I would like to play either solo or in a group of people who don’t mind that I’m not that experienced yet. The character I have in mind is a dwarf druid.

I love games with 2 (or even 3) PCs. I think small groups work better in pbp. I'd be happy to play a martial character to complement your druid. Maybe that new giant barbarian, a dex based paladin or fighter, or a swashbuckler rogue. Maybe we could be a pair of dwarves or the dwarf and elf trope. Since you are new, I could play in whatever setting and story you want. How new are you to 5e? If you've never played before, we should start at level 1, but if you've played a couple times, starting at 3 might be more interesting so you have a few more spell slots.

@SMARTAgentKC I agree to the rules. Are there any settings you'd want to run a pair of players through.

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

@BlackFinch @BobtheWizard

Sign in Registered and welcome to you both

You know for the two of you I'm thinking of a classic that been revamped as a short adventure for 5e, the story is called The Sunless Citadel from the Tales of the Yawning Portal book, normally set for 4 player I can either reduce the difficulty to make it more playable for two players, or can give you all access to various sidekicks including a couple of my own creations who would love to assist.

9 hours ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

@BlackFinch @BobtheWizard

Sign in Registered and welcome to you both

You know for the two of you I'm thinking of a classic that been revamped as a short adventure for 5e, the story is called The Sunless Citadel from the Tales of the Yawning Portal book, normally set for 4 player I can either reduce the difficulty to make it more playable for two players, or can give you all access to various sidekicks including a couple of my own creations who would love to assist.

Sounds good to me.

@BobtheWizard I also think it will be more fun to play together. My experience consists of a single tabletop session and a solo game. But I am aware of the basic rules. Starting at lvl 3 would be more challenging since I never played a druid before and I also never played a character that wasn’t level 1, but I’d be open to try. I’d also be open to start from one. Whatever suits the campaign. I suggest you play the role you most enjoy playing, enjoying the experience and learning from it counts a lot more for me than ‘winning’, if that is even a thing in DnD.

Hai

I'm new and have no clue what I'm doing, so I've signed up for this experience. No real character created yet (there's no dedicated player creator), but I've been thinking of being a Valkyrie.

Group, please~

Welcome @Eupha your sign in has been registered

*checks profile*

Whoa a real newcomer I am honored that you have come to me to get your first experience

You want to play a valkyrie huh. Very nice theme how about we step over to the recently added player character developer (PC Developer) and see if I can walk you through the process of creating a character here on mythweavers.

I agree to the rules and would like to sign in! Long-time gamer, but first time with 5e. Thanks to @BobtheWizard for getting me this far. Here's what I'd like to learn with, I believe. Preferably with 1 or 2 other player. Solo'ing tends to run dry after a while.

Name: Yopine Quietclock

Lineage: Deep Gnome

Class: Ranger

Conclave: Gloom Stalker

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Personality Trait: "I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong."

Ideals: Redemption (She's a reformed Criminal Enforcer making up for past mistakes)

Bond: "Someone I loved died because of I mistake I made. That will never happen again." (Think Nacho Varga from Better Call Saul)

Flaw: "If there's a plan, I'll forget it. If I don't forget it, I'll ignore it." (No, I didn't just abandon my own carefully thought-out plan and just start winging it. It's still my plan. I just didn't tell you about this part, that's all.)

@voodoozombie Sign in Registered and Welcome. If you want you can step over to the PC Developer and make up a topic for your homebrew and characters, I'll look it over when I got a free moment (Most likely Thursday at the latest...)

@PixCO Sign in Registered and Welcome. If you can make up a topic in the PC developer for your character I'll be glad to help you work out the finer details of 5e development and others are welcome to help as it looks like this week is quite a mess for me in the real world.

Howdy, I've read and accept the rules. I don't have a specific request, but I enjoy a healthy mix of RP and combat, and I appreciate DMs who allow creative solutions to problems. With that in mind, I have a kobold rogue character I'd like to do something with. Does that sound doable?

@SMARTAgentKC I have read the rules and I Would like to Sign in

I'm down for either Solo or a group game witch ever is appropriate and I found a Home brew class I think Deserves a test run The Shadow Summoner! I am pretty sure there are so many thing's that can come together plot wise.

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)

@Eagleheart Sign in Registered, Welcome Eagleheart, apologizes for the delay in greeting you, my days 'off' tend to be busier than my days I have a job shift to go to. (Go figure...) Anyhow I love to have you play in one of our simulations but at the moment availability is a bit limited (mostly because I haven't initiated other requests.) However if you want to head over to the PC developer and create a topic for your Kobold rogue, I'm sure something will come up soon and I'm sure a group will be able to be formed and you'll be able to play said character.

@Gspawn Sign in Registered and Welcome Gspawn glad to have you join us, Now let me look over this homebrew you got *opens link* oh... someone loves Yugioh... hmm... looks like to be an intelligence based half caster with an interesting little summoning gimmick and a big tie to the Shadow Realm er Fell. Interesting I think this is doable, Go ahead and go over to the PC developer and start building,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @SMARTAgentKC here is my blood print for acceptance into lab. Ironically while the last days of OGMW were mainly taken by 5E and PF there are several classes and races I really never had a chance to explore and I'd like to. Most Irionic the probably being from PHB (Fighter Battle Master), if in 3.5 days I heard I wouldn't be able to get fighter to;le someone would think I'm crazy. There are a few more classes. As game goes I experimented with everything so there I'm easy. Solo, duo, group I'm pretty much cool with anything. Only I'd like to start from at least 3rd lvl.

Sign in Registered and Welcome @Grudge

Ah the Battle master Fighter, in theory the best fighter subclass, so good that they made a few feats to borrow from their main feature.

If you want to head over to PC Developer, you can start building a lvl 3 character using point buy.

I can most likely run you through some arena style scenarios.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:50 AM, SMARTAgentKC said:

Sign in Registered and Welcome @Grudge

Ah the Battle master Fighter, in theory the best fighter subclass, so good that they made a few feats to borrow from their main feature.

If you want to head over to PC Developer, you can start building a lvl 3 character using point buy.

I can most likely run you through some arena style scenarios.

Yeah, kinda odd it has most of the stuff people asked from the class and even had in splat books yet, I won't say class is deeply unpopular but I thought it would be way more popular than it is. I'll make a Character folder snd Join the game, we can take it from there. Is Variant Human allowed?