Announcements

Blue Jay

Announcement

I've made some updates to the Character Building Guidelines, with more specific instructions on what to include in your character application. If you're planning on submitting an application, please read the Guidelines again, to make sure you've got the most up-to-date version.

• 2 months later...

OGRFT Closes its doors

With the transfer of the final, ongoing, missions to the new MW/RFT we have begun the process of closing down and archiving the various threads at OGRFT. Over 8.5 years of activity, and fun; here's to at least as many again in our new guise!

• 3 months later...

This is a public service announcement from your friendly, local RFT GMs

We love that players are experimenting with build ideas and looking for rules to help them build what's in their heads, but please remember that every request for a rule to be included puts a demand on the RFT GMs, who are also players and mission GMs. If you've got an idea you want to play with but aren't sure whether it will work as a build, why not try the build with the rule, see if you get a PC you want to play and then ask for the rule to be approved? Context for a build makes it much easier for us to see how the rule might be applied, and for those builds that don't get as far as a character you are interested in playing we don't need to review the rules.

P.S. PF is disallowed by default, requests for PF content make it even harder for us to review so please avoid them if at all possible.😀

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get through new character submissions today (finally). I've also taken all submission threads that are more than three months old, and moved them to the Archive tab. So, if you don't see one of your submissions in the "Character Submissions" tab, look for it in the "Archived Characters" tab.

Also, moderators can still see deleted threads after you delete them, so the Character Submissions tab looks really messy for us (not now, because I've cleaned it up). So, please try not to create too many new threads unless you're relatively sure you're going to follow through with the application.

And finally, remember to put a "ready for review" tag on your application thread. You likely won't get a moderator review without that tag.