OOC formatting in Cloned topic

VennDygrem

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just had a seemingly related issue cloning/copy-pasting a post from one game thread to another which included OOC code; When going to post, everything from the OOC content to the end of the post got cut out of the post that ended up completing. Luckily the content was still available as restored content in replies. I tried copying and pasting the Source code directly and the same issue occurred. The only way I could get the post to submit/edit properly was by removing the OOC content and posting the rest.

I'm mainly adding this in case this is a result of attempts to 'fix' the OOC issue, or if this is a related-but-separate issue with OOC.

8 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just had a seemingly related issue cloning/copy-pasting a post from one game thread to another which included OOC code; When going to post, everything from the OOC content to the end of the post got cut out of the post that ended up completing. Luckily the content was still available as restored content in replies. I tried copying and pasting the Source code directly and the same issue occurred. The only way I could get the post to submit/edit properly was by removing the OOC content and posting the rest.

I'm mainly adding this in case this is a result of attempts to 'fix' the OOC issue, or if this is a related-but-separate issue with OOC.

Could you please link to the post you were trying to copy/clone with the OOC issue. Thanks

34 minutes ago, bwatford said:

Could you please link to the post you were trying to copy/clone with the OOC issue. Thanks

Certainly; The source post is here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/7517-darius-wicks-laboratory/page/2/#comment-95045
The destination post is here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/7375-the-stinky-cellar/page/2/#comment-97884

Nourishing Ashes After a Wildfire - Vine Leshy Druid 3spacer.png
HP: 28/35 | AC: 20 (+2 w/ Shield) | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1
Perception: +11 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 | Will: +11

Conditions| Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Ash does their best not to panic, managing to rid themselves of the hot wax. Smoke was not so lucky, as the burning wax has failed to cool down and is tangled in the bear's thick fur.

Still, there was too much chaos and the wax-bearing foes need to be taken down.

"Foul fiends! You hurt my friends!" he shouts, this time in common.

Curls of gray smoke begin releasing from the vine leshy's core as fire gathers in their hands. They stretch their long, spindly arm out and release three rays of scorching fire!

'Hold on a bit longer, Smoke. I'll heal you up soon!' Ash thinks.

OOC & Actions

Action 1, 2, & 3: Cast Scorching Ray as a 3-action spell, one ray targeting each enemy.
Attack rolls below. Darius and Blue homunculus likely gains +1 to AC for having light cover from Branch.
Will also roll Smoke's flat check vs. persistent fire damage.

-edit-

11 fire damage on a normal hit, 22 on a critical hit. No mention of failure, so Darius takes no fire damage.

Smoke makes his flat check!

Smoke (HP: 14/32 | AC 18 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6)
Action 1: Move up to 35 feet to adjacent to cauldron
Action 2: Try to shove the cauldron to knock it over; I'm hoping that will prevent him from using his wax gun too much, or maybe make it hard from him to run away, or something. Gonna roll Athletics since it seems applicable, but let me know if this isn't allowed or I need to do something else.

Cloned for me without issue, what browser and operating system are you using?

Possible Solutions:

1. Try clearing your cache and trying again.
2. Can you also try a different browser and see if that is the issue.
3. Try cloning via right clicking the clone button to copy it to clipboard, then start a new post and hit the clone button in the editor bar to paste it in. Does that work for you?