The Web of All Torment - OOC

cailano

8 hours ago, Taigains said:

@cailano

So... technically... if something happen to Shawn on his way to save us, and he dies... we all just continue, dont we?

You just want Shaun to die so you get to enjoy Boot Pie! (which, I imagine, is literally made of boots - you just don't know it.. yet 😅)

8 hours ago, cailano said:

I soft-deleted some of Shaun and Chard's posts for reasons that will be obvious if you're caught up in the IC thread.

It was a beautiful dream and you took it away.. worse yet, ya took mah Camilla! I know now why this is a horror module.

Oh hey, there's a terrible spider god too 😑

Edit:
I've updated Shaun's character sheet with more appropriate equipment information and quote.

Now, what to do with this awful reality Shaun's woken into...

@cailano Shaun crosses the grounds between the stables and the inn (3-1) to reach the entrance to the kitchen (1-3). Primarily he wants to get something between himself and the spider, but he does hope to find one of his friends still alive there, too.

Re: Ysabel's request for a roll. What would the roll be? What is she trying to do?

She already sees the situation as strange. There's no roll needed for that. If you were in her shoes, what would you try to do to investigate? What would she do based on her experiences and training as a wizard?

1 hour ago, cailano said:

If you were in her shoes, what would you try to do to investigate? What would she do based on her experiences and training as a wizard?

Based on experience and training, which is where my thoughts were going, she would know that some magic can affect the perception of the world and she would attempt to see if were under some kind of enchanted enchantment.

Can she attempt to break out of an illusion that may or may not exist? Would invoking her patron(s) be of any use?

9 minutes ago, Taigains said:

Based on experience and training, which is where my thoughts were going, she would know that some magic can affect the perception of the world and she would attempt to see if were under some kind of enchanted enchantment.

Can she attempt to break out of an illusion that may or may not exist? Would invoking her patron(s) be of any use?

She is definitely familiar with the idea of an illusion, but what is going on at the Kobweb is beyond her (or almost anyone's) experience. No wizard could weave an illusion powerful enough to cause what your group is experiencing but in the interests of keeping our mysteries intact, I won't say anything more about that.

So, to cut to the heart of your question, I think Ysabel is seeing enough weirdness to arouse her suspicions, but it's not to the point where she has a chance of breaking free via a dice roll. Not yet, at least.

Oh! Perfect! Time to eat a carrot! >:3

Really though i wasn't sure and this gives me exactly what i need. It means that she xan count the weirdness and understand that something is weird but the act of doing so dosnt juxtaposition her out of the illusion herself!

Edited by Taigains (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Taigains said:

Oh! Perfect! Time to eat a carrot! >:3

Really though i wasn't sure and this gives me exactly what i need. It means that she xan count the weirdness and understand that something is weird but the act of doing so dosnt juxtaposition her out of the illusion herself!

Exactly!