P2e Fill too quickly

Dubonic

DnD in general is the most well-known system, so all its current variants (PF1, PF2, DnD5) get a lot of interest and a lot of applications.

I don't apply to public ads for DnD games for that reason. I only look at the ads for non-DnD systems because I can usually get accepted.

5 hours ago, Dubonic said:

I am LFG for some P2e all the games I see pop up seem super popular, and over fill so quickly. I hope another game starts soon.

Just a FYI - Saithor's Kingmaker game ad will be open for a few weeks. Unlike many other communities out get, we're not big on the "first come first served" approach. You got time to apply before the GM makes his choices.

That said, Dnd-likes tend to draw some very heavy duty competition for slots. You gotta bring your A-game to your apps if you want any chance to make the cut.

This is why we often recommend looking beyond the d20 domain and check out ads for other systems. Usually a bit better chances of getting into a game.

When I first got to the site, I had a hard time getting into games. So I studied other applicants and their prized works, especially those that got into games and the GM left the game open, to see what was successful in an application and what was not. I got very good at doing apps and for a while, got into more than 75% of all the games I applied for... that was great! Until I just had so many games I had to stop applying. Of course, with game attrition the way PbP games are, I still applied to a fair number of games.

After a year or two, I developed some good connections with other players and lately, I've not really had to apply to any games and just get invited by friends into their games when a spot opens up or when someone starts up a new game. That's great, except that my App skills have waned and I do NOT enjoy the same success getting into games I apply for as I did after studying other people's apps several years back :)

And yes, as above, its a lot easier to get into non-D&D games. Networking and proving yourself to be a good player/asset to the game and you'll get a leg-up on your apps. I know I've made decisions on inviting a player over another player into my games because I know of that player's work in other games. Heck, my app process when I try to start up a new game now includes linking some of your other games for me so I can get a feel for how you play. Obviously, i expect people to link in their 'better' games and characters. But that's good as if they don't enjoy my game, they'll drop anyway, no matter how great they've played in other games. That's fair. This is a hobby we do for fun and it shouldn't be a grind.

As you network, you'll get better opportunities to get into D&D games.

I do wish more PF2 games were started, too. I'd like to get into one myself as I've never played it and would like to get my feet wet.

PF2E is an interesting system. I've been learning it lately because my kids are interested in it and also because the PF1 Adventure Paths were very good. I also like that Paizo is revamping Starfinder to be PF2E compatible.

That doesn't help much, I know, but it I were to run a non-OSR game it would probably be PF2E.

As stated back before the migration to this version of the MW site, I'm working on a Pf2e campaign based on my "typical/old-school" fantasy campaign, using a fair amount of AD&D material mixed with some original stuff.

I had planned to have it up and running by this past summer. However, life got in the way (work, son heading off to university, plenty of housework, more than my share of ennui and malaise coupled with minor depressive episodes, etc), and things just never really got to where I want them to be.

I could start with putting up an advert, but the application time would be far too long to be comfortable, as I don't even really have the full "Season 1" plotted out yet. The other seasons won't be as bad, I think, though.

Still, I'm working on it, and hopefully I can have an advert up for it before the End-of-Year Holiday Season.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:08 PM, Papa Bear said:

When I first got to the site, I had a hard time getting into games. So I studied other applicants and their prized works, especially those that got into games and the GM left the game open, to see what was successful in an application and what was not. I got very good at doing apps and for a while, got into more than 75% of all the games I applied for... that was great! Until I just had so many games I had to stop applying. Of course, with game attrition the way PbP games are, I still applied to a fair number of games.

After a year or two, I developed some good connections with other players and lately, I've not really had to apply to any games and just get invited by friends into their games when a spot opens up or when someone starts up a new game. That's great, except that my App skills have waned and I do NOT enjoy the same success getting into games I apply for as I did after studying other people's apps several years back :)

And yes, as above, its a lot easier to get into non-D&D games. Networking and proving yourself to be a good player/asset to the game and you'll get a leg-up on your apps. I know I've made decisions on inviting a player over another player into my games because I know of that player's work in other games. Heck, my app process when I try to start up a new game now includes linking some of your other games for me so I can get a feel for how you play. Obviously, i expect people to link in their 'better' games and characters. But that's good as if they don't enjoy my game, they'll drop anyway, no matter how great they've played in other games. That's fair. This is a hobby we do for fun and it shouldn't be a grind.

As you network, you'll get better opportunities to get into D&D games.

I do wish more PF2 games were started, too. I'd like to get into one myself as I've never played it and would like to get my feet wet.

I did kind of the same thing but also joined the MythWeavers PFS group when I started. It helped me learn how the site worked, build a gaming history here, learn pathfinder, and ease into GMing. Organized play or one of the living worlds are another option.

When I first joined Myth Weavers around ten years ago, I wanted to play some Pathfinder 1e. So, I started up a campaign. It was a great way to meet some of the other members and learn how the site worked, all while contributing another game to the community.

That campaign lasted for five years and was one of the best I've ever run in any medium.