Character Discussion

saithor

I know nothing of the Kingmaker variant or subset of rules. But I do love games that delve into intrigue and worldbuilding as a consensus thing. I played a lot of the old Birthright D&D when that came out and ... some ... parts of it were not intolerable. :)

2 hours ago, Rhallan said:

Would you allow a Leshy?

What about the versatile heritages like Oread, Ifirt, and Aasimar?

All of those would be fine.

On the topic of a pre-game IC thread, I will attempt to get one up tonight, just been a busy weekend for me.

I will also be setting up some other things, including some basic lore on the area, and a discord, either tomorrow or throughout the week.

I'm interested, if it's okay i'd like to play a cleric of Asmodeus.

I'd be leaning heavily into the duty and lawbringing side and be selling myself as someone with experience of a legal system, looking to implement one correctly from the ground up. Also happy to play a childhood friend of someone good aligned that can keep me on the straight and narrow if people have concerns about having an evil character in the group.

38 minutes ago, Laughingly said:

I'm interested, if it's okay i'd like to play a cleric of Asmodeus.

I'd be leaning heavily into the duty and lawbringing side and be selling myself as someone with experience of a legal system, looking to implement one correctly from the ground up. Also happy to play a childhood friend of someone good aligned that can keep me on the straight and narrow if people have concerns about having an evil character in the group.

If they can work well with others in the group I’ll allow it

2 hours ago, saithor said:

If they can work well with others in the group I’ll allow it

The whole point of the campaign is to forge a kingdom together so they would definitely be focused on the working with the rest of the group.

Having re-read the pf2 rules im actually thinking of going for Dispater, gives me more leniency to focus on the orderly precision without having to be a killjoy.

30 minutes ago, Laughingly said:

The whole point of the campaign is to forge a kingdom together so they would definitely be focused on the working with the rest of the group.

Having re-read the pf2 rules im actually thinking of going for Dispater, gives me more leniency to focus on the orderly precision without having to be a killjoy.

You could also look into the Godclaw. It combines the teachings of a bunch of a bunch of Lawful deities into a single faith.

34 minutes ago, Laughingly said:

Ah, Dispater. The least evil of the Dukes of Hell.

35 minutes ago, Psyconure said:

Have a couple uncommon choices. How would you feel about a Kobold inventor?

That's fine.

26 minutes ago, Dr Jackal said:

Oooh, would people be interested in a lawful neutral/lawful evil group? We could forge a new kingdom of unfettered ambition, ruthless tyranny, and indiscriminate oppression!

I may accept multiple groups but that is very much on the table atm.

Good afternoon GM. I have a few questions as a newbie to Pathfinder system:

1. Is this adventure a good module for players who never played Pathfinder before? Campaigns that offer more adventuring and investigation challenges and less combat I notice are easier for me to get into the system, being on the assumption that combat is a core pillar with understandably the most complex mechanics.

2. I notice this is listed as 2nd edition, do I need to go look up 1st edition as well to catch up with the meta/knowledge/experience needed to play 2nd edition?

I heard many good things about this system so I thought starting as level 1 will be a nice way to experience a new play.

Edited by Ensou (see edit history)