Character Discussion

saithor

1 hour ago, Ensou said:

Good afternoon GM. I have a few questions as a newbie to Pathfinder system:

1. Is this adventure a good module for players who never played Pathfinder before? Campaigns that offer more adventuring and investigation challenges and less combat I notice are easier for me to get into the system, being on the assumption that combat is a core pillar with understandably the most complex mechanics.

2. I notice this is listed as 2nd edition, do I need to go look up 1st edition as well to catch up with the meta/knowledge/experience needed to play 2nd edition?

I heard many good things about this system so I thought starting as level 1 will be a nice way to experience a new play.

While a good chunk of this campaign is built around exploration and kingdom building, but there is still a fair amount of combat in it as well. And you do not need to be familiar with 1st edition

21 minutes ago, saithor said:

While a good chunk of this campaign is built around exploration and kingdom building, but there is still a fair amount of combat in it as well. And you do not need to be familiar with 1st edition

Thank you for your prompt reply, GM. If I can further rely on your patience, may I then open a character application thread and converse with you on what to do with it inside that thread? 2e seems to suggest it is easier to build a character around a concept, since its system was meant to do that.

6 minutes ago, Ensou said:

Thank you for your prompt reply, GM. If I can further rely on your patience, may I then open a character application thread and converse with you on what to do with it inside that thread? 2e seems to suggest it is easier to build a character around a concept, since its system was meant to do that.

Sure

I'm hoping to have time to put together a character for this. I've never played Pathfinder, but I've always wanted to play in the Kingmaker adventure path.

I at least do have the Core Rules and Advanced Players Guide for Pathfinder 2e in PDF. I also recently discovered Pathbuilder, which is pretty handy and helpful.

I'm just coming back to rpgs after several years away, having to learn PF2 when I only half-remember PF1, and Pathbuilder was super helpful for mucking around with stuff. I've yet to get into a game, but it was so helpful I went ahead and dropped the $6 or whatever it is to open up the alt ruleset elements, which made it even easier to play around without feeling lost (and only half as overwhelmed with options :) )

Quick question, if the Sword Scion background grants access to the Aldori Dueling Sword and allows you to treat it as a Martial Weapon for Proficiency, is it a valid choice for the Unconventional Weaponry feat if you don't already have proficiency with all Simple and Martial weapons?

5 hours ago, Phntm888 said:

Quick question, if the Sword Scion background grants access to the Aldori Dueling Sword and allows you to treat it as a Martial Weapon for Proficiency, is it a valid choice for the Unconventional Weaponry feat if you don't already have proficiency with all Simple and Martial weapons?

I'll say yes