Character Discussion

saithor

Have a few ideas in mind, depending on what the party wants/needs.

Have an idea for a Dragon Barb/Dragon Disciple for the silly, though also could go Champ or Swashbuckler as I have been interested to see how they fair.

If more of a castery type is needed, I'd love to try Sorc/Dragon Disciple, or possibly Wizard as it deals with some of my displeasure of the hard Vancian system.

As an FYI, I understand Ancient Elf & Free Archetype don't play well together, since the one gives you a Dedication at 1st level, but you can't take an Archetype feat until 4th. I built Aerendil as an Ancient Elf so I would have access to additional Wizard cantrips at Level 1. I plan to obey the RAW interpretation of Free Archetype and, in essence have a dead Archetype feat at level 2, only picking up Wizard Spellcasting at 4th level.

Now that he is, at least mechanically, ready for review, I will get on with my day, and work on backstory & personality.

1 hour ago, Mister Doctor said:

Still toying with an exact build but I'm thinking a wannabe knight that rescued a maimed wyvern from a circus and is now trying to live up to a heroic ideal. Don't know what the core class is going to be but I'm shooting for something a little outside the standard to be a knight.

It'd be a little bit of a weird build, but you *could* go Summoner (call the maimed Wyvern an Eidolon), and shoot for the Champion dedication. 16 Strength & 18 Charisma ... grab Unconventional Weaponry (if human) & treat some martial weapon as a simple weapon, then general training for Shield Block. Will suck until 2nd when you get access to Light, Medium & Heavy armor, but it would be fitting for some peasant turned knight showing up at Jamandi's door.

The problem with a Spiral Raper us that Rogues aren't trained in Advanced weapons, unless I'm missing something? And unless you're looking for the parry trait, it's actually worse than a standard rapier, as it doesn't have the deadly trait.

56 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

The problem with a Spiral Raper us that Rogues aren't trained in Advanced weapons, unless I'm missing something? And unless you're looking for the parry trait, it's actually worse than a standard rapier, as it doesn't have the deadly trait.

Well Rogues get Rapier proficiency, so I thought it extended to Spiral Rapier too. Guess that isn't the case, I will revert back to the basic rapier