Character Discussion

saithor

I am awfully tempted to pitch in a character, but I am brand new to PF2 (or subsequent...). Would this game lend itself well enough to newcomers, please ?

At the moment, my application would probably be an Aasimar Champion (of Sarenrae ?) dreaming of building from scratch a perfect society.

1 hour ago, saithor said:

I'm considering just extending our application process till after the release of 2.5 so people can utilize those classes if they want to.

I could understand that. Since, supposedly, the PDF is being released on 11/15 (in 25 days).

2 hours ago, Rhallan said:

I could understand that. Since, supposedly, the PDF is being released on 11/15 (in 25 days).

Wouldn't we need longer than that, assuming that at least some people rely on Nethys and wouldn't have the book right away? It usually takes a week or two for that to catch up.

To be fair, there's still a chunk of classes that won't be in the first remaster book but are slated for the second several months from now. If the intent is "only start when the rulesets / classes are stabilized," I think that's all going to be in flux for a considerable amount of time from the look of it? As long as you're open about / to retraining vis-a-vis remaster stuff, I think folks should still be able to work up reasonable concepts under current rules and then tweak as needed when stuff officially lands over the next year. Even if there wasn't a 'remaster' in the works, the length of PBP + AP is such chances are good folks would discover new options along the way and want to retrain / possibly retool for them just from regular supplement releases.

Would Kitsune be acceptable? Probably planning to stay in 'tailless form' in most public spaces, but a trickster at the heart of some nation-building shenanigans caught my imagination as a piece of concept.

43 minutes ago, jkason said:

Would Kitsune be acceptable? Probably planning to stay in 'tailless form' in most public spaces, but a trickster at the heart of some nation-building shenanigans caught my imagination as a piece of concept.

Kitsune would be fine.