Chapter 1

SithShrink

image.jpeg.6e35f9266d1381a33c71cfc8899b9bc2.jpeg

You survived a horrible wagon crash together and an even worse storm. You have become like brothers and sisters on this journey of days. Finally you wander into Easthaven.

Walking into Easthaven is like stepping into Icewind Dale’s past—the place is a living example of the boomtown way of life that gripped all of Ten-Towns centuries ago. In the generations since, as other towns have settled into a predictable pattern of existence, Easthaven has continued to grow and reinvent itself. After the Eastway was paved, Easthaven evolved into a frontier traders’ paradise, fueling the jealousy of its neighbors.

Easthaven’s founders were thieves from the Duchy of Cape Velen, on a peninsula far to the south. They refused to kowtow to a powerful thieves’ guild and were driven out. To this day, Easthaven honors its shady founders by declaring pickpocketing legal within the town limits—which explains the “Watch thy pouch!” signs posted in various local establishments.

Duergar have infiltrated the town of late, scouring Easthaven and the surrounding tundra for chardalyn fragments to bring back to their hidden mountain stronghold. The leader of these duergar is Durth Sunblight, the oldest living son of Xardorok Sunblight. Durth and his gang have turned the frozen Easthaven ferry into a temporary base. Using their innate invisibility to move about unseen, the duergar betray their presence only by the footprints they leave in the snow.

image.jpeg.b251586a3087d729829ad209f13e4416.jpegAnother occurrence of note that you’ve gleaned from the titter of youth in the streets is the recent capture of a Red Wizard of Thay who has been found guilty of killing a handful of dale-folk he had hired for an expedition. Speaker Danneth Waylen has issued a decree that the wizard be tied to a stake and burned alive—an event that a lot of Easthaven residents are looking forward to.

A crowd has gathered in front of the Town Hall to watch the public execution of Dzaan, a human wizard who, despite efforts to disguise himself, was recognized and arrested for the crimes he has inflicted upon dale-folk. You rush to the place where the crowd has gathered, thick and rowdy. He has been bound to a stake and gagged. Members of the militia use torches to light the straw tucked around his feet. Fanned by the wind, the fire catches quickly. Dzaan does not struggle or scream as he is quickly engulfed in flames. Bundled-up spectators move closer to the human bonfire, eager to feel its warmth.

image.jpeg.08a39650c41a82b94712b6251a66ff15.jpeg

spacer.png                       Liene (pronounced Lahn)

Level 1 Centaur Bereaved Twilight Cleric of Ilmater

AC: 16 (Chain Mail) +2 (Shield) | HP: 11/11 | Speed: 40 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 300 ft; Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 15, Passive Investigation 9
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 8 (-1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 8 (+1)
Languages:  Common and Sylvan
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 2/2 | Inspiration:

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

Liene glances around the city, feeling uneasy as her hooves crunch through the streets of Easthaven. 'Two-legs boast of being civilized, but they allow raiding in their city. And while I can understand killing someone who killed others, what is this excitement in the air?' She wrestles with her thoughts for a moment as she realizes she might share that excitement if the person being burned was the thug who killed Kiredon, her mate. 'My tribe would kill another who had murdered, but they would do so solemnly and quickly. A thing they did for the sake of keeping the rest of the tribe safe but took no pleasure in.' But she wasn't with her tribe anymore. She had left them, and those standards no longer applied. Ilmater would support the killing of one who had murdered as a matter of law. He would tell the condemned to endure until it was over. But the man, this wizard, did not seem to need such encouragement and was gone before she could open her mouth.

She then studies the people, trying to figure out why they're so excited about this, then looks around the city, partly on the watch for thieves, but also looking for anything else of note, perhaps evidence of one of these Duergar leaving the scene, or even a Goliath in the city. It's a case where being taller than most of the assembled people really helps. She mainly wants to keep her attention away from the blazing bonfire. The excitement these two-legs feel over killing a murderer sickens her. Perhaps this feeling of sickness befuddles her senses - she doesn't feel like she sees anything of interest and the people's motivations are a mystery to her.

She chances a glance at her companions to see if any of them seem bothered by this execution. She still wasn't entirely comfortable in cities. She would follow their lead.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Spear (simple, thrown, versatile).  Thrown Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage if one-handed (1d8 + 2) piercing damage if two-handed

Warhammer (martial, melee, versatile).  Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d8+2) bludgeoning damage if used one-handed.

(1d10+2) bludgeoning damage if used two-handed

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Charge Attack

If Liene moves at least 30 feet straight toward a target and then hits it with a melee weapon attack on the same turn, she can immediately follow that attack with a bonus action, making one attack against the target with her hooves.

Eyes of Night

Liene can see through the deepest gloom. She has darkvision out to a range of 300 feet. In that radius, she can see in dim light as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. (1 use per long rest)

As an action, she can magically share the darkvision of this feature with willing creatures she can see within 10 feet of her, up to a number of creatures equal to her Wisdom modifier (minimum of one creature). The shared darkvision lasts for 1 hour. Once she shares it, she can’t do so again until she finishes a long rest, unless she expends a spell slot of any level to share it again.

Vigilant Blessing

As an action, Liene can give one creature she touches (including possibly herself) advantage on the next initiative roll the creature makes. This benefit ends immediately after the roll or if she uses this feature again.

Spellcasting:

Liene is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdome (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following cleric spells prepared: 

• Cantrips (3/3 slots): light, guidance, sacred flame
  • 1st level (2/2 slots): cure wounds, guiding bolt
  • 1st level domain spells (always prepared): faerie fire, sleep

Class Features:

• Bonus Proficiencies: Liene gains proficiency with martial weapons and heavy armor.
  • Eyes of Night: Liene can see through the deepest gloom. She has darkvision out to a range of 300 feet. In that radius, she can see in dim light as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light.

As an action, she can magically share the darkvision of this feature with willing creatures she can see within 10 feet of her, up to a number of creatures equal to her Wisdom modifier (minimum of one creature). The shared darkvision lasts for 1 hour. Once she shares it, she can’t do so again until she finishes a long rest, unless she expends a spell slot of any level to share it again.

• Vigilant Blessing: As an action, Liene can give one creature she touches (including possibly herself) advantage on the next initiative roll the creature makes. This benefit ends immediately after the roll or if she uses this feature again.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)
Name
Perception check - anything interesting?
1d20+5 4
Insight check - why are the people excited about the execution?
1d20+5 3

Chut Migo (Bugbear Ranger) Appspacer.png

AC: 15 | HP: 12/12 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 15 | Features

The wagon crash was Chut's fault. He knew that stretch of the mountain pass would be treacherous, but he took his eye off of it for just a second. And that was enough, the downhill horse lost its footing and careened off the side, pulling the wagon and the second horse with it. Fortunately, none of the humanoids had gone with it, or they surely would have died. Even with that, their survival was a bit too close for Chut's liking. It wasn't far, but the wagon was destroyed, one of the horses died, and the other was maimed and had to be put down. They had to climb down, salvage what they could from the crashed wagon and use the rest of the wood to smoke the horse meat to make enough rations to finish the journey to Easthaven on foot.

But after that mishap, Chut showed his value to the party, keeping everyone fed and warm and making sure the group didn't get lost as they finished the journey. The last day has even been slightly warmer. Still cold and dark, but just a little more tolerable.

As he watches the human bonfire, he senses that something is wrong. Why is the man not more scared? Why is everyone enjoying this? Chut is no friend of the Red Wizards, but there must be more humane ways to eliminate someone.

"This warlock seems unconcerned about the fire. Don't get too close. Let's leave this and go find a tavern."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

image.png.9d450ff5e764c124b782c13fd0ba55cc.pngName - Wyrd'Grrl Morkdaugter

Class - Wizard | Level - 1 | Prof. Bonus - +2

Str - 11(0) | Dex - 12(+1) | Con- 14(+2)

Int - 18(+4)* | Wis - 9(-1)* | Cha - 14(+2)

Skill Profs : History, Perception, Arcana, Investigation

Rune : Frost (Armor of Agathys)

This land wasn't just cursed... it was advanced cursed. She had been bundled up in her winter clothes, wrapped in her blanket when she heard shouting and by instinct bailed out of the wagon unto a pile of snow so deep she didn't feel the same person upon getting out. Then has followed the worst moments to date of her life, long truging steps that let the cold seep into her legs. Winds so strong that even with her blanket ontop of her cold gear she felt every shiver. Her nose hasnt stopped running since two days into the hike and she sniffles even now.

"Not only cold... we have to put up with legal pickpocketing!? Achue And what is that crowd all rilled up for... is that fire I see?" She looked forward and recognized the robes of a wizard as they took flame. She heard Chut's opinion and her mind snapped into work mode. Analyzing everything can about the burning wizard, perhaps he is using a spell or this is a spell? An illusion perhaps!? She focused on the fire and tried to disern the truth.

Just as she was starting to focus, she began a fit of sneasing and she pulled her blanket so close around her body and head she just leaned against Liene for support and a clue as to their groups movements.

Edited by Taigains (see edit history)
Name
Investigation: Illusion?
1d20+4 3

spacer.png Rodrick Taliesin

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 | P.Perception: 13

Saves
+0 STR | +2 CON
+2 DEX | +0 INT
+5 WIS | +3 CHA

Rodrick looks pensive as he sees the Thayan burn. He has heard of the Red Wizards and knows that most of them are vile and cruel, but he also knows better than to pass judgment without knowing the whole story.

He has been to Easthaven before, so he is carefully guarding his coin pouch, and he has advised his fellow travelers to do the same. As the group makes their way through town, Rodrick is vigilant for pickpockets, duergar, or anyone else who looks out of place.

Name
Perception
1d20+3 20

Iolanthe XantheIolanthe ‘Io’ Xanthe

Level 1 Half-Elf Entertainer Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Dex 2 + Leather 11); HP: 9/9 (1d8 + 1); Speed: 30 ft.; Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Bardic Inspiration (d6): 3/3

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: +5; Cantrips Known (2); Spells Known (4)

Spell Slots: 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th; 6th; 7th; 8th; 9th

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

Iolanthe was used to the colder climes of her father’s elven enclave in the forests north of Neverwinter, but now she was thankful that she’d taken his advice and bought all that cold-weather gear he’d recommended. When he’d warned her that the frozen wastes of the north were nothing like the cold forests she grew up in, she’d been skeptical, but now she knew better.

After the crash—which thankfully claimed no humanoid lives, but sadly lost them a couple of horses—she got to use her snowshoes and crampons. She’d shared her two-person tent with Wyrd’Grrl Morkdaugter, and boy was she ever thankful for her blankets and cold-weather clothing!

“I’m telling you, Chute,” she said for maybe the fifth time as they entered Easthaven, “Don’t worry about the wagon crash! You’ve got to stop beating yourself up about it. Everyone turned out okay, so don’t worry about it!” That was when she saw the sign that said, “Watch thy pouch!”. She immediately tucked the thing down in her shirt, underneath her leather armor. Pickpocketing might not be illegal, here, but feeling her up to get to her money most definitely would be!

“How in the world can they function as a town with legalized pickpocketry?” She shakes her head. Noticing Rodrick looking around, she asks him, “Spot anything, Rodrik?”

“I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d like to find an inn and secure a room—and a hot bath—as soon as possible,” she said to the rest of her new friends.

When they find the crowd surrounding the wizard being executed, she wonders about the red wizard’s lack of response to being burned alive—perhaps magic is at work here—but she can’t think of anything that might allow him to ignore the flames. Perhaps the pyre is burning so fast and hot, he didn’t even feel it before he died? Who knows.

Either way, it looked like it might make a good story, so she begins asking around the crowd for the names of the wizard’s victims and how he killed them. However, the crowd’s exuberance at watching a man die in such a horrible way is matched only by their ignorance—or maybe reticence—of what he even actually did or who his victims even were.

Maybe I could get that information from local magistrates? she thought. With that, she looks for anyone ‘official-looking’—guards, magistrates, and the like. “Excuse me,” she gets the attention of the most officious-looking man or woman she can find—whoever appears to be in charge of all of this—and asks, “Could you tell me more about this man’s crimes? Who were his victims? How did he kill them? Why did he kill them? Was there anyone else involved in the crime? If so, have they been caught, yet? Also, could you recommend a good inn?” She patiently listened to their answers about the crime. “I’d like to compose a song to memorialize them, you see,” she explained.

(OOC)

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Rection: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)

Player Notification Tags go Here

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Intelligence (Arcana) check on the Thayan torch
1d20+4 2
Charisma (Persuasion) check to learn the full story
1d20+5 6
Charisma (Persuasion) check to get details from magistrate
1d20+5 12

Jinabi

image.png.1b5b2743e4453776de0e75af4bc945d1.png

Jinabi is quite sure this is the most dramatic way to start a trip in his lifetime.

The perk of fur-lined winter attire cushions his many bruises and contusions from the wagon crash. He gave benediction to the horses for their passing, knowing the cold climate will take longer for their bodies to return to the soil and restart the cycle.

Seeing the warnings for permitted pickpocketing, Jinabi is nonplussed. He sticks close to the rest of the group, who come off more experienced in farflung towns such as this.

'This is quite a strange thing for me.' He pats his pocket, not realizing he is telegraphing to any keen observer just exactly where his belongings are. 'That the village head permits anyone from taking things from another. At least it does not include daylight robbery.'

'But this,' he looks up at the burning wizard, 'is a first for me.'

The small gnome belatedly notice that the rest of the group is unfazed by the spectacle. He sighs.

Country bumpkin it is.

Level 1 Druid | AC 19 | HP 10/10 | Walk 25ft Climb 15ft | Darkvision 60ft | Passives: Perception 16 Insight 16 | Saves STR 1 DEX 2 CON 2 INT 2 WIS 4 CHA -1 | Stealth 4 Survival 6 | Sheet |

Edited by Ensou (see edit history)

Iolanthe XantheIolanthe ‘Io’ Xanthe

Level 1 Half-Elf Entertainer Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Dex 2 + Leather 11); HP: 9/9 (1d8 + 1); Speed: 30 ft.; Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR: 8 (–1); DEX: 14 (+2); CON: 12 (+1); INT: 14 (+2); WIS: 12 (+1); CHA: 17 (+3)

Bardic Inspiration (d6): 3/3

Spell Save DC: 13; Spell Attack: +5; Cantrips Known (2); Spells Known (4)

Spell Slots: 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th; 6th; 7th; 8th; 9th

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11, passive Insight 13, passive Investigation 12; Tools: disguise kit, guitar, violin, lute, her own voice; Armor: light armor; Weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords; Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Size: Medium; Age: 23; Height: 5′–3″ (159 cm); Weight: 106 lb. (48.18 kg); Hair: Blonde; Eyes: Lavender

IC (My thoughts . . .; “My words . . .”; My actions . . .)

When she finished speaking with the official, Iolanthe—“Io”—returned to her group. She saw Jinabi’s disgruntled expression and she placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“Mr. Jinabi,” she said, “This is a rather disturbing scene for me, too. Not in all the time I’ve lived in Neverwinter—that’s where I was raised since I was a teenager—have I witnessed a barbaric display like this. Public executions? Sure, we’ve had them, but they’re quick and business-like. But burning a person at the stake? No. This is a first for me, too. Maybe it’ll set in later, but right now, I’m a bit too shocked to react . . . appropriately . . .”

(OOC)

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Rection: —

Interact-with-Object:

(To Whom It May Concern . . .)

Player Notification Tags go Here

AC: 16 (Chain Mail) +2 (Shield) | HP: 11/11 | Speed: 40 ft. | Height: 6'4" | Weight: 716 lbs
Senses: Darkvision 300 ft; Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 15, Passive Investigation 9
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 8 (-1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 8 (+1)
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 Cantrips Known: (3)Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame | Spells Known: (4)Domain Spells:(1st)
Faerie Fire, Sleep

Prepped Spells (1st)
Bless, Guidling Bolt

Spell Slots: 1st (2/2)

Liene steps over to Io and Jinabi. "Burning someone like that is barbaric," she puts in bluntly. "If I seemed impassive, it's because I'm nauseous. However, Ilmater teaches endurance in the midst of difficulties both small and large, so I was enduring."

"Chut suggested finding a tavern. I have had a few refuse to serve my kind, but at this point, I'm willing to take my chances." She steps up to the nearest passer-by and inquires about one. "The Wet Trout seems to be our best bet, but it's in the northeast corner of town. If we're going to go, let's go." She begins heading back eastward, assuming the others will follow.

Combat

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Spear (simple, thrown, versatile).  Thrown Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage if one-handed (1d8 + 2) piercing damage if two-handed

Warhammer (martial, melee, versatile).  Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Charge Attack

If Liene moves at least 30 feet straight toward a target and then hits it with a melee weapon attack on the same turn, she can immediately follow that attack with a bonus action, making one attack against the target with her hooves.

Eyes of Night

Liene can see through the deepest gloom. She has darkvision out to a range of 300 feet. In that radius, she can see in dim light as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. (1 use per long rest)

Vigilant Blessing

As an action, Liene can give one creature she touches (including possibly herself) advantage on the next initiative roll the creature makes. This benefit ends immediately after the roll or if she uses this feature again.

Spellcasting:

Liene is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdome (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following cleric spells prepared: 

Class Features:

• Bonus Proficiencies: Liene gains proficiency with martial weapons and heavy armor.
  • Eyes of Night: Liene can see through the deepest gloom. She has darkvision out to a range of 300 feet. In that radius, she can see in dim light as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light.

• Vigilant Blessing: As an action, Liene can give one creature she touches (including possibly herself) advantage on the next initiative roll the creature makes. This benefit ends immediately after the roll or if she uses this feature again.

OOC

As you head to the Wet Trout, you can only think on what was told by the officiator of punishment. The condemned was named Dzaan.

Dzaan’s trouble started after he broke away from his fellow wizards and hired adventurers to scour Icewind Dale for Netherese ruins. One group of them uncovered a buried tower in the tundra and Dzaan went out of his way to eliminate anyone who knew of it, including the adventurers who found it and several Ten-Towners with whom they had spoken. After turning the tower into his secret base, Dzaan visited Easthaven to gather supplies. Although he took the precaution of adopting a magical disguise, members of the local militia recognized Dzaan by the way he walked and spoke. They captured him, gagged him, confiscated his spellbook, and condemned him to death.

image.jpeg.433fd104b331f5ab7bf923a73c93c88b.jpeg

The Wet Trout, located near the docks, is the largest and loudest tavern in Easthaven, known for its ribald atmosphere and rumor-mongering. A great chimney squarely in the building’s center has hearths on either side to warm the tavern’s two common rooms. The tavern’s current owner and proprietor introduces herself Nymetra Myskyn of white dragon ancestry.

sitting nearby is a tiefling, a regular patron if his conversation with Nymestra is any measure. Rather than making his details known, he holds a hand to his ear, indicating he can’t hear you over the noise. Odd, since Nymestra seems to hear you well.

“What may I do for you fine beings today? I must say we don’t get many centaurs here, but I imagine you get thirsty and have coin.”

Chut Migo (Bugbear Ranger) Appspacer.png

AC: 15 | HP: 12/12 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 15 | Features

While still at the fire, when Chut hears the officiator's explanation. While he agrees that the actions probably warrant execution, he doesn't care for the method. He asks some of the people around us,

"So has anyone found this tower?"

On the road to the tavern, he asks the others if they might be interested in another adventure. While he knows some of them aren't interested in the cold, He's sure that he could keep them alive through the journey.

"Maybe we could find this tower. It should be interesting, and could be profitable. They should have gotten the location before killing the guy."

At the Wet Trout, Chut looks around the tavern for any threats or pickpockets, although he doesn't have much coin left for anyone to steal. He introduces himself to Nymestra and asks about any local rumors or potential guide work. He leaves room for the others to introduce themselves if they want.

"Chut Migo, mountain guide. We'd be interested in work or adventure if you have news of either."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

image.png.9d450ff5e764c124b782c13fd0ba55cc.pngName - Wyrd'Grrl Morkdaugter

Class - Wizard | Level - 1 | Prof. Bonus - +2

Str - 11(0) | Dex - 12(+1) | Con- 14(+2)

Int - 18(+4)* | Wis - 9(-1)* | Cha - 14(+2)

Skill Profs : History, Perception, Arcana, Investigation

Rune : Frost (Armor of Agathys)

Wyrd perked up when she overheard (or heard from Chut) about the details of the wizard. She would express to the group that she wants to talk to the guards about the spellbook and potentially getting more info about the weareabouts of the wizards tower.

"It sounds like that Dzaan f-f-found some of w-w-what I c-c-came here for. Also I w-w-want his sp-sp-spellbook."

Upon arrival at the tavern, she would stand danger close to the hearth to warm up. She was a little less shivery when she introduced herself to the dragonborn. "Hullo~ I'm Wyrd'Grrl Morkdaughter. Scholar and wizard."

AC: 16 (Chain Mail) +2 (Shield) | HP: 11/11 | Speed: 40 ft. | Height: 6'4" | Weight: 716 lbs
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 Cantrips Known: (3) | Spells Known: (4)
Spell Slots: 1st (2/2)

Liene orders something both non-alcoholic and hot to drink - perhaps, tea, coffee, or even cider, first looking the Tiefling over. Is he so old he is hard of hearing, or perhaps has some other hearing disability? Does he seem...unscrupulous or untrustworthy in some way?

She then turns to Nymestra, commenting, "I am Liene, cleric of Ilmater. It is my first time this far north."

"I am curious why your leaders would choose to burn that wizard Dzaan instead of dispatching him by some quicker means of death. Not that I'm questioning that he deserves it. Seems an evil sort and for his crimes death was the only reasonable punishment."

"I have one other question. Have you heard tell of a group of thugs including a Goliath in these parts? They are the main reason I came north."

After Nymestra has answered her questions, Liene asks Wyrd, "So as a scholar, do you know anything of these Netherese ruins? Why do you think they might have been of interest to this Dzaan?"

After Chut gets his answer about work/adventure, she announces,"There is a particular reason I came north. A group of thugs murdered someone very important to me." She is proud of how even she is able to keep her voice. "I wish to see them brought to justice, and I cannot do that on my own. I do not have any money with which to hire anyone, so this would not be a good immediate job - we should earn some coin first. I am happy to lead the inquiring about this, but as we go, I would appreciate it if we could keep our ears open and if I could be allowed to follow up any leads."

Combat

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Charge Attack

Eyes of Night

Vigilant Blessing

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

Name
Insight check Tiefling - what's his deal?
1d20+5 18

spacer.png Rodrick Taliesin

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 | P.Perception: 13

Saves
+0 STR | +2 CON
+2 DEX | +0 INT
+5 WIS | +3 CHA

Rodrick is instinctively a bit wary of the chromatic dragonborn - something he's noticed ever since his transformation - but he ignores it. There's a green dragonborn in Bremen, and they're quite pleasant.

"We need lodging," he says. "Food and drink would not go amiss, either."