Interest check for a PF2e game

TheDude2371

Which setting?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which setting/location would you rather play in?

• GreyPath - Set in a more generic old-school world of Greyhawk
    • Paths of Light - Based on D&D 4e's "Paths of Light" setting in the Nentir Vale
    • GreyPath campaign, but keep it in Golarion
    • Paths of Light, but keep it in Golarion

Generic Greyhawk is probably best Greyhawk anyhow.

As for deities, I personally wouldn't do much there, let the players who want connections to specific deities do the heavy lifting. Point them in the direction of porting and tweaking, step on anything that seems out of line and you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

2024 run in to express my interest. I got the PF2e Remaster books for Xmas and am looking to do whatever PF where ever I can get it.

I'm fine with all these options, but am biasing towards Golarion as I have 2 books right here with a bunch of lore about them! 😂Traditional Greyhawk still seems to be in the lead even with my vote, and that's just fine.

Edited by Spacesong (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Spacesong said:

2024 run in to express my interest. I got the PF2e Remaster books for Xmas and am looking to do whatever PF where ever I can get it.

I'm fine with all these options, but am biasing towards Golarion as I have 2 books right here with a bunch of lore about them! 😂Traditional Greyhawk still seems to be in the lead even with my vote, and that's just fine.

I don't have them as yet. I'm waiting until February when the "pocket" editions are out so they'll fit on my crammed bookshelf.

To that end, everything I run will be in the original/legacy (whatever they call it) version.

I know AoN will eventually have the Remaster rules up, and I think that Pathbuilder would have their stuff up soon if not already.

---

And as usual, didn't get much done over the holiday break due to, well... family crisis (not my immediate family here, no, but related) taking over. Can't catch a break when we're away.

Plus, slight delay due to other issues that are immediate.

4 minutes ago, TheDude2371 said:

To that end, everything I run will be in the original/legacy (whatever they call it) version.

It's cool! I have the OG PF2e books as pdfs well. Just hype about having the physical releases! 😎

35 minutes ago, TheDude2371 said:

And as usual, didn't get much done over the holiday break due to, well... family crisis (not my immediate family here, no, but related) taking over. Can't catch a break when we're away.

Plus, slight delay due to other issues that are immediate.

No rush. We're not going anywhere :)

Pathbuilder has had the Remaster stuff up since about mid-December or so. Nice easy toggle between OG and Remaster, even a button to convert characters to Remaster (haven't tried that one yet). AoN is taking longer mostly because they have to build a whole parallel link hierarchy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 12:44 PM, leons1701 said:

Pathbuilder has had the Remaster stuff up since about mid-December or so. Nice easy toggle between OG and Remaster, even a button to convert characters to Remaster (haven't tried that one yet). AoN is taking longer mostly because they have to build a whole parallel link hierarchy.

I noticed that. Nice that they have the ability to use either, as I don't have any of the Remaster yet. I was going to wait to get the pocket books in like March or so after the Bestiary is out, though I might wait until both Player Core books are available. Plus, Archives of Nethys doesn't have the Remaster up yet, so far as I can tell.

As far as the timeline goes...

This weekend is kind of a wash, as I've got house stuff to take care of, plus preparing for the following weekend, which is definitely a wash. (Offsite work event... get to fly from BOS to DFW for the weekend. Joy. At least I get paid for the whole weekend.)

At this rate, I may not be putting up any adverts for Selection until... February sometime. if I can get the first three or so sections done by then, I can start running and work on the rest of it as we proceed.

Thanks for keeping an interest. I'm looking forward to getting this off the ground.

• 1 month later...

Just an update...

Life got very much in the way with me developing the campaign.

That, and I'm working on my Campaign Planner/Manager in Obsidian, since they have all the PF2 material, and I'm working on merging it into another Obsidian Campaign Manager Vault. Once that's done, it's maps to do, then all downhill from there.

I'm hoping to get a fair amount of it ready by the time the first full week of March rolls around, as I have a long weekend to get stuff started here on MW as far as opening Recruitment, with Selection happening two or three weeks later.

Stay tuned!

On 2/26/2024 at 12:40 PM, Inash said:

AoN says they will have the remaster rules out March 11

Truthfully, until both Player Core books are out, I'm sticking with the original rules.

Will likely even wait until the remastered Bestiary is out.

Good thing Pathbuilder and HLO both offer the capability of using either ruleset.

• 3 weeks later...

Update - Thursday 14 MAR 2024

Current situation:

- I have a semi-working campaign manager, and am still toying with it while I bring all of my material into its depths.

- I'll need to work some maps for the first "season" before anything else.

Expected timeline:

- 14-31 MAR 2024 » Bring in the first four seasons into the campaign manager. Learn more about all the tools in the CM as I go, along with shifting what's there for 5e over to PF2, and ridding 5e references. Toward the end of this period, I'll actually get a game posted.

- 01 APR 2024 » PC Recruitment starts. Continuing to add more campaign material into the CM, as well as trimming out 5e stuff. (Eventually, I'll make a barebones PF2 CM.)

- 21 APR 2024 » Recruitment ends. Selection begins.

- 24 APR 2024 (or thereabouts) » Selection ends. Tier 1 team announced. Between this point and campaign start, players can do final tweaking and equipment purchases.

- 01 MAY 2024 » Campaign start. By this time, my CM should be completely trimmed of 5e references, all PF2, and should have nearly all planned eight seasons (and additional material) included.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

2 hours ago, Spacesong said:

Hey I appreciate the detailed update! I'll keep an eye out for this.

Sounds like we would be using the Remaster version then?

No, as I have not reviewed the remaster as of yet. I'd rather stick with the original version until otherwise directed.

I know Pathbuilder and HLO will still allow you to generate pre-Remaster-based characters. Not sure about Demiplane, and I'm exploring that as a future option (as much as I like HL and HLO) since when you buy the data pack for a book, you get the PDF of the book from Paizo. HLO has the "library" version for an additional cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Brief head's up...

So I'm sort of behind schedule, but not by much.

Campaign Bible/Manager is taking shape. I'd share it but most of my GM material for the campaign is going in there.

If you're interested about what I'm using, go check out Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials -- Great page, great software. This guy has put in a hell of a lot of work to make it usable for him and others.

As for the writing -- I think I need a few more days. I'm hoping to get Series 1 and 2 written into the CM this weekend, but I have a Beer Event* Saturday night and we're planning to visit my son on campus on Sunday. I should be ready for Recruitment early next week.

* If you're in the central MA area and enjoy good beer, come on down! I'll be the one in the Dude's sweater roaming about!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay folks...

It's up.

I know I'm a week behind, so the Recruitment phase is going to be a bit shorter.

Looking for a start date of 1 May. That'll give me lots of time to get up to Series 3 into the Campaign Vault.