Discussion

Cointhief

8 hours ago, Cointhief said:

@BobtheWizard Just a few tweaks from the DMG shotgun:

Second Hand Pistol. Range (30/90). Single Shot (Renaissance style). Loading as crossbow property (Action or BA to reload), and like hand crossbow can fire with 1 hand but need 2 to load. So, its like a one handed heavy crossbow with less range.

Buckshot Sawed-off Shotgun. Range (5/15). 2 Shots (Mad Max style). Loading and such same as pistol, but can fire twice before that is needed. Its like a bludgeoning greatsword you could get lucky with, coup de grace a sucker, or use tactically when you have advantage.

Ammo is destroyed on use for both. I don't really have or want to make a complex misfire system (like Mercers) but something funny might happen if you nat 1. ;) These Corps items are just a little fun extra bonus since Spelljammers get Spelljamming.

For the pistol, do you mean it takes an action to load, or it just has the loading and ammunition properties like a heavy crossbow? Heavy crossbows don't take an action or BA to load, they just limit you to one attack per round unless you have the crossbow expert feat.

For the shotgun, did you mean for it to always have disadvantage to hit? Either an is enemy adjacent within 5' or it's long range out to 15'. Disadvantage to hit seems weird for a sawed off shotgun where the point of sawing the barrel is to trade range for a better chance to hit something up close.

On the pistol, yes. It has Loading but not the Reload property. My mistake. For RP purposes its a breechloader though.

Yes on the always disadvantage. Its not a normal sawed off shotgun, its a piece of total junk you might get lucky with. Not really meant to be a main weapon. Just something to pull out when you have advantage, or want to quickly blast a sleeping enemy, etc for fun. Could potentially be interesting with Lou's Nimble Escape though I suppose. 2 shot Reload on this one.

I suppose if Nazira doesn't post today, ill move things along tomorrow.

Is that an ok general rule for everyone moving forward? In other words, during combat on weekdays, lack of post 24 for hours skips the turn? I'm really not a fan of 'botting' players and like to keep it flowing.