Discussion

Cointhief

Lucky crit, sorry. Yes please roll the poison save first, the condition is not lost on going unconscious if you get it. You can go ahead and roll a death save as well if you like, but everyone will act before it actually happens due to initiative order (except Chaeek, who doesnt seem to be around anyways) and could potentially make it unnecessary.

I don't kill characters without chatting with PCs first, I'm a softie like that. There's some features of the room here you guys haven't explored.

But yeah, you are free to roll a new character if you would prefer something different...but I'd like to wait until in between modules for that. This fight is just about the end of the first module, everyone can assess how/if they'd like to move forward then.

So, glad that worked out in the end. That was my fault for the rough fight though. I upped the difficulty for a party of 6, then we lost 2. As written, they were 8 with 7hp. I added half hp for 10, and a 9th with the adult's charm ability but otherwise same stats. Hope it was fun at least.

Having rolled a 20 twice, benefited from some pretty low GM rolls, and a timely healing by Lazuli, I can say it wasn't that bad. :)

But it's always tough when 2 players suddenly drop. Not much you can do about that. And I'd echo KingGoblin, we're 1st level so sneezing hard can be a life threatening event.