Chapter 1.1 - Sometimes Opportunity Falls in Your Lap

Penchant

marytop3.png.996aa2138ea12391a3ca7371a8ca4a0e.png

Mary

While she's willing to let the assailants run, she doubts they're above trying something funny and keeps an eye on them until the departing vehicles are out of sight. It never hurts to be careful.

Eventually satisfied that they'd actually left, she turns and makes her way back onto the wake. Catching the tail end of Gilbert's suggestion, Mary rolls her eyes and retorts "What condition he gets to leave in probably ought to depend on how helpful he decides to be." But before discussion could be had preparations needed to be made. Mary dragged the ruffian onto the bridge (well, Peggy dragged him upon Mary's request. He wasn't the lightest individual) and tied him to the railing before thoroughly riffling through his belongings and removing anything of interest. Eventually satisfied that he'd be properly disarmed, she brings forth the canteen of not quite endless water and upends it upon his head.

Once he'd finished regaining consciousness (in a rather amusing fashion) she smiles and addresses him. "Welcome back to the land of the living Mr. Stabby! From one blade aficionado to another, I'd suggest considering finding another line of work if that's the best you can do. But you can worry about that later. Maybe. What's more important right now is how you might brighten our moods enough to make sure you have the chance to consider other employment opportunities. As it stands, this far from town you might have a hard time getting back to safety if we stranded you here without any way to protect yourself. Even less so if my friend's giant Tweety bird decides you look tasty. But we have recently picked up a couple of skimmers that we don't have the strongest need for. So with all that being said, what can you tell us? Any dirt on Dirk? Caches worth looting? Some other fun maybe?"

Mechanical actions

Nothing special

Statblock

Mary Allensworth
HP: 73/73
Init: +6, Perception: +16 (+18 vs traps)
AC: 23, TAC: 22, FFAC: 16
Fort: +8, Ref: +13, Will: +5, CMD: 21
Special defenses: evasion, uncanny dodge, deflect arrows, danger sense +1
Speed: 30

Melee: +14/+14/+9 Temple Sword (1d8+10/19-20)
Range: +12/+7 Mosin-Nagant (1d10/x4)
Sneak attack: +2d6
Debilitating injury: landing a sneak attack debuffs AC (-2, -4 vs me), attack rolls (-2, -4 vs me), or movement speed (halved) for 1 round.
Fighting defensively: -2 to attack for +7 AC
Piranha strike: -2 to attack for +4 damage
Improved feinting flurry: replace first attack of a flurry with a feint (+21 to bluff) which denies dex to AC for my turn

Edited by Taggerung559 (see edit history)

image.jpeg.9330cb57699d229c156cb94c979917dd.jpegSlim rolls his shoulders as he works his jaw to get the kinks out of it. He looks around and then at Mary, "Well now, that filly is a mite stronger than she looks. I fair say you couldn't take her either, I spec. Though it would be a treat to see you try, eh? Maybe all stripped down to make it fair. Yeah, I can picture it. Oh, but you were gonna offer my life in exchange for dirt on poor ole Dirk? Nah, I don't think so. You lot don't have the reputation as killers. Always needing an excuse to pull the trigger. Shame. You folk have talent. Could be running the valley if you had a gang to back you up and the guts to get dirty. Is that what you gonna do? Get dirty?"

spacer.pngZen, Wastelands Healer and Horologian Priestess

AC15 Touch 14 (15) [HP 64/64] Speed 30' [Fort 8 Ref 8 (9) Will 11]  Channels 9/9 [Adoration 8/8] 

Female Neutral Human Cleric/Stargazer

Level 7 (5/2) Init 3 HP 64/64 DR 0 Speed 30'

AC 15 Touch 14 Flat-footed 12 CMD 16

Fort 8 Ref 8 Will 11 CMB +3 BAB +4   

[Missile] Staff of Entwined Serpents  AutoHit 2 Magic Missiles 2d4+2 130' range

[Melee] Staff of Entwined Serpents +4 (1d6, x2) Magic +1 Guardian (+1 Saves)

Str 9 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 18

In Town (default list)

1st (6) Burning Hand (Domain) 1 , Ears of the City 2, Carrion Compass 1, Blessing of the Watch 1,

2nd (5) Enthrall (Domain) 1, Pagebound Epiphany 1, Restoration (Lesser) 1, Track Ship 1,

3rd (4) Fireball (Domain) 1, Remove Curse 1, Minor Reversion 1 (like 24 hr Aid), Speak with Dead

4th (3) Wall of Fire (Domain) 1, Make Whole (Greater) 1, Restoration 1.

Out of Town (default list)

1st (6) - Burning Hands (Domain) 1 [USED], Invisibility to Undead 2, Weapons Against Evil 1, Sanctuary 1, Brightest Night (low light to 3)

2nd (5) - Flaming Sphere (Domain) 1, Drunkard’s Breath 2, Burst of Radiance 1, Protection from Evil (Communal) 1.

3rd (4)Fireball (Domain) 1, Resist Energy (Communal) 1, Windwall (vs bullets) 1, Shadowmind 1 (use in dim light to blind 1/lvl)

4th (3) - Wall of Fire (Domain) 1, Concealed Breath (with Drunkard’s Breath) 1, Brightest Light 1 (if we’re caught in darkness, can dispel)

Channeling 9/9 day [DC 19 Will Save] [can remove 4 plus self from AOE]

Positive 6d6 pts /Negative 3d6 pts

Adoration Power 8/8 day [DC 17 or cancel single attack] as immediate action

Condition

Fail a Mind Affecting Save (Reroll @ +8) courtesy of familiar.

Healer's Satchel *Regenerates each day. *Treat Deadly Wounds add Wis (+4) to hp restored. *If by 5 or more, this is 2 × Wis (+8). *+4 circumstance bonus to treat poisons and provide first aid (does not stack with normal) 

Healers Hands *Can treat wounds as a full round action. *If DC exceeded by 10 add Knowledge Planes (5) to amount healed.

Stargazer The Mother Cure spells have Stargazer levels (2) added to hp healed.

Zen having dragged the dead body over to the rear deck sits it up by the rail, winds some twine through two holes she'd cut in the worthy's jacket and ties it to the rail so it appears he's sitting up all by himself. He's gagged, with his own neckerchief, but head down, since he's dead, though it could be from submission. The apparently alive, but still dead, man, is thus in line of sight for Slim when he comes to.

<<Let's show Slim we're serious shall we?>>, she remarks through their mindlink.

At this point she pushes the end of her quarterstaff into the top of the bowed head, and looks over at Mary, as if waiting on a word from her. The impression she is trying to convey, is that she doesn't want her prisoner to look at her, exactly what someone who is about to kill someone and has some scruples would do. She gets the sense that Mary and Slim are talking, but is too far away to hear what is being said.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Slim's eyes narrow at Zen's theater, "Oh now, there's poor Everett. Now I appreciate the attempt, but you near gutted him and he ain't bleeding none. Dead men don't bleed, you see." He turns back to Mary, "How about this... you turn me out and leave me my skimrod. We all go back to our corners and resume play all civil like. If'n you turn me out and leave me in the wastes with nuthin', well... I'd take that all sorts of personal. I'd find my way back and then I'd handle things Slim's way. One day, when y'alls asleep in yer fine little ship ole Slim creeps aboard and one by one, *SNIK* Slim cuts you a new smile, ear to ear. Oh, I wouldn't end all of you. I'd leave one alone just to remember why."

Slim attempts an Intimidate on Mary. Success will result in her being Shaken for the duration of the interrogation, though she can take a break to collect herself and drop the condition.

Edit: Poor roll. Attempt unsuccessful.

Edited by Penchant (see edit history)
Name
SLims Intimidate on Mary
1d20+11 2

AC15 Touch 14 [HP 64/64] Speed 30' [Fort 8 Ref 8  Will 11]  Channels 9/9 [Adoration 8/8] 

In Town (default list)

1st (6) Burning Hand (Domain) 1 , Ears of the City 2, Carrion Compass 1, Blessing of the Watch 1,

2nd (5) Enthrall (Domain) 1, Pagebound Epiphany 1, Restoration (Lesser) 1, Track Ship 1,

3rd (4) Fireball (Domain) 1, Remove Curse 1, Minor Reversion 1 (like 24 hr Aid), Speak with Dead

1st (6) - Burning Hands (Domain) 1 [USED], Invisibility to Undead 2, Weapons Against Evil 1, Sanctuary 1, Brightest Night (low light to 3)

2nd (5) - Flaming Sphere (Domain) 1, Drunkard’s Breath 2, Burst of Radiance 1, Protection from Evil (Communal) 1.

3rd (4)Fireball (Domain) 1, Resist Energy (Communal) 1, Windwall (vs bullets) 1, Shadowmind 1 (use in dim light to blind 1/lvl)

4th (3) - Wall of Fire (Domain) 1, Concealed Breath (with Drunkard’s Breath) 1, Brightest Light 1 (if we’re caught in darkness, can dispel)

Condition

Healer's Satchel *Regenerates each day. *Treat Deadly Wounds add Wis (+4) to hp restored. *If by 5 or more, this is 2 × Wis (+8). *+4 circumstance bonus to treat poisons and provide first aid (does not stack with normal) 

Healers Hands *Can treat wounds as a full round action. *If DC exceeded by 10 add Knowledge Planes (5) to amount healed.

<<Ok, which of you lot are good at deception?>> thinks Zen through the link. Clearly her ruse hadn't worked, despite her being about as far away from Slim as she could be and still be aboard. She wanders over, hearing Slim's retort as she does so. "I say we just drop him off here, without weapons, food, water or transport. It would be Wastes killing him, not us. I figure we don't need to give him a lift, nor room and board. Don't know about the rest of you, but I have no tolerance for scum like this. So, that's my vote.", she purrs, the very picture of nonchalance.

She looks around at the others, figuring she wouldn't try doing what others were better at twice in the one day. Coming up with good ideas you couldn't back up with skill was a fool's errand. "Anyone here got a talent for reading minds, before we drop this scum off?"

She turns back to Slim.. "As for your friend there, well I'm going to dress him, practice my dissection skills, then salt him, sell him or throw him to anything not particular about their diet. Waste not want not. Just a cadaver after all. That's not me trying to intimidate you, just saying it like it is."

She grins at him, begins whistling a merry tune, then turns and walks back towards the cadaver.

spacer.pngGilbert Percy Gilane a.k.a The Crimson

Gilbert listened rather impassively from the kitchen as the others tried a few different ways to get information out of the man. It was always a tricky proposition, getting people to turn on their former comrades. The only thing more scarce in the wastes than loyalty was honesty. The whole thing seemed like nothing more than a waste of time to him. When the elaborate plans and deceptions failed, Gilbert was often the one who tried to bring them back to simple and straight forward. Truth be told, he was actually surprised they hadn't cracked tis scum sucker yet. Clearly everyone was having an off day with the Atlas Wake being set on fire and all. With a sigh, he grabbed the back of one of the chairs from the kitchen and dragged it behind him.

The sound of screeching metal on metal slowly approached the others as Gilbert pulled the chair out to where they'd had Slim tied up. Perfect timing, Zen seemed to have just finished up with him. "Rummaging through the recesses of this one's mind would likely leave even Kelly yearning for a thorough cleansing. Some thoughts are best left unexplored, and the intricacies of this particular mental landscape may prove to be more treacherous than traversing the desert during a sandstorm." He pulled the chair around, and plucked the teacup that had floated after him from the kitchen as he sat in front of the man. He took a sip and gave the man an amiable smile.

"My name is Gilbert Gilane. You're Slip right? Well Slip, it seems you have unwittingly fallen prey to an egregious misconception, so allow me to proffer some much needed clarity in two simple points:

Firstly, while you're quite astute to recognize my companions share some apprehension, I dare say it could even be considered an aversion to violence. A revelation born of traversing those darkened roads and coming to the to the profound understanding that after spilling so much blood, it starts to take a toll on the soul. Even something as pure as redemption has limits, after all." Gilbert took another sip from his tea, then leaned in just a bit closer to Slim. "A poignant truth indeed...But people such as you and I...We know. That hungering void within, insatiable and unyielding, that propels those like us further down that road where salvation is little more than an elusive specter, an impossible dream." He sat back in his chair, continuing to give Slim that casual smile still that truly reached his eyes. "All that to say, people like you and I have no such compunctions about getting our hands dirty. In fact, I think I'd quite enjoy removing a pit stain such as yourself from existence." Gilbert let out a dark chuckle.

"Normally, I wouldn't dare insult your illustrious gang's reputation by assuming you would tell us anything of interest or value without the duress of torture, however, the constraints of your knowledge make this investment of time and effort a dubious pursuit...so...

We come to the second point. The two options that stand before you:

The first is the more judicious and mutually beneficial course of action which would have you working very diligently over the next few minutes, trying to convince me there is a single reason to let you live, since you've already made clear your intentions for revenge, this is probably beyond your capacity.

The second option allows us to steer clear of such futile endeavors, which aligns with the aforementioned understanding that your well of valuable information remains dry in this particular instance." Gilbert crossed his legs as he smiled at Slim, teacup in one hand and his pistol in the other. "So what's it going to be Slip?"

Memorized Spells

Level 1: Ray of Enfeeblement, snowball (intensified), snowball (intensified), snowball (intensified), web bolt, windy escape
Level 2: Glitterdust, Raven's Flight, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
Level 3: Haste, Haste

Spell Tattoos:
Vanish, Obscuring Mist, Jury-Rig
Raven's Flight, Visualization of the Body, Web
Dispel Magic, Gaseous Form, Air Breathing

Actions

N/A

Name
Intimidate
1d20+15 7

Moment by moment Slim's confident smirk drops. And before Gil is even done he's averting his eyes and his shoulders hunch in submission. "Alright, alright. I kin see you got the shade in you. You lemme go and.... I'll tell you where Dirk's stash is. He don't know that I know but it don take a scholar to figger time and distance when he goes out with the loot."

Slim will map out a location in the waste where Dirk stores the loot before it can be laundered and sold off.

Edited by Penchant (see edit history)

marytop3.png.996aa2138ea12391a3ca7371a8ca4a0e.png

Mary

While there would be some satisfaction in removing this particularly unsavory character from the land of the living, there's a difference between killing a man in a fight and killing one that's been tied up. Mary gives a short nod and looks to her companions.

<That's probably the best we'll get out of him, and I'd tired of listening to him talk. I say we take the deal. Even if he does get back he's not likely to let Dirk know he's figured out the cache location, much less that he told us about it, so it can wait until we finish with Sal. Assuming he's telling the truth of course. Any opposed?>

Mechanical actions

Nothing special

Statblock

Mary Allensworth
HP: 73/73
Init: +6, Perception: +16 (+18 vs traps)
AC: 23, TAC: 22, FFAC: 16
Fort: +8, Ref: +13, Will: +5, CMD: 21
Special defenses: evasion, uncanny dodge, deflect arrows, danger sense +1

Melee: +14/+14/+9 Temple Sword (1d8+10/19-20)
Range: +12/+7 Mosin-Nagant (1d10/x4)
Sneak attack: +2d6
Debilitating injury: landing a sneak attack debuffs AC (-2, -4 vs me), attack rolls (-2, -4 vs me), or movement speed (halved) for 1 round.
Fighting defensively: -2 to attack for +7 AC
Piranha strike: -2 to attack for +4 damage
Improved feinting flurry: replace first attack of a flurry with a feint (+21 to bluff) which denies dex to AC for my turn

AC15 Touch 14 [HP 64/64] Speed 30' [Fort 8 Ref 8  Will 11]  Channels 9/9 [Adoration 8/8] 

In Town (default list)

Condition

Zen figures they'll meet Slim again, should he survive the trip back to town. She figures she'd already done him a favor by removing the corpse from the battlefield. No corpse would mean fewer scavenging predators, so perhaps the gauntlet back to town would be a little easier. Still, she gave him no more than 50/50. Fate was a coin toss, but he was right about her not being able to kill a man tied up.

<<You got my vote.>> she mentally replies.

Kelly Paxton

3ccc83bb841a92aa38decd5f0ddc8b4d.jpg.ddc865dbff19d88adf8b22c3fcd87529.jpg

His earlier question all but forgotten in the hubbub around their prisoner, Kelly is quite to let the others handle the interview.

Sidling up to Peggy, he starts a whispered side conversation:

"How bad was the damage, up top?"

When the time comes to decide on the fate of their slimy slim friend, Kelly actually answers out loud, for once:

"Yes, let him taste the Wastes, and remember his place on our planet, in our society. A speck of dust.

If he's extra lucky, we'll handle our business quick, and give him a ride home... so he can go back to being ordered around by his ma'"

The latter is just a guess, but not that wild given the propensity the man shows for belittling the fair sex - not something Kelly himself would abase to - a disease that sometimes comes from overbearing mothers men try for their whole lives to escape.

Mechanical actions

Statblock

Kelly Paxton
HP: 56/56
Init: +4, Perception: +21
AC: 21, TAC: 14, FFAC: 18
Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8, CMD: 16

Ranged: +7 Mosin-Nagant (1d10+1/x4) -- vs touch in the 1st increment (80ft)

PP: 57/67
Talents- Detect Psionics, Create Sound, Far Hand
0-
Empathy
1- Conceal Thoughts, Entangling Debris, Foxhole, Inevitable Strikes, Skate, Untouchable Aura, Vigor
2- Clairvoyant Sense, Cleanse Body, Defy Gravity, Energy Push, Everyman, Share Pain, True Terror
3- Concussive Onslaught, Energy Wall, Metamorphosis, Telekinetic Force, Time Hop
4- Fold Space, Wall of Ectoplasm

Concentration +13 (+15 roll twice for casting defensively)
Current element: Sonic

at-will Prestidigitation
7/7 Ring of Seven Lovely Colours
3/3 Spellguard Bracers
50/50 Wand of CLW
50/50 Wand of Repair Damage

PSICRYSTAL - Tak
HP 28/28
Senses Sighted 40 ft., Perception +10

Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7
AC: 19, TAC: 16, FFAC: 17
Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 16
Hardness 8

Telepathic Link with Kelly - 1 mile
Telepathic Speech with anyone - 30ft

Edited by namo
typo (see edit history)

Peggy Mae Stubbsimage.png.c2c0a9e86115b50177f97970d21c5c4a.png

AC: 22 (+1)| HP: 91/91 | CMB: +13/+8 (+1) | CMD: 23 (+1) | Fortitude: 8 | Reflex: 8 (+1)| Will: 9 | Speed: 50 ft (+30)| Conditions: Hasted
Stunning Fist: 2/2 | Ki: 9/9 | AOO: 3

She had carried the unconscious body to the ramp of the ship and unceremoniously dropped him on the metal platform, knowing her companions would decide the outcome of the fool and that she was needed on the bridge. The scent of the smoke was laced with clues of the damage. Peggy knew the papers she had scattered were destroyed. She had been working on a new design for her skimrod. Months of effort gone...

But more importantly, her nose picked up traces of copper in the air. Metal had been burned. Taking a moment to calm her nerves, she then stepped onto the bridge to see the destruction. Switchboards curled at the edges, exposed wires sparked haphazardly, and chairs at the helm and navigation were twisted from the concussion of the explosion. Peggy's mind created a checklist of tasks that needed to be done, arranged in order of priority.

image.png.d07d086e9baca7ed928b5037c56f38cf.png"Gray?"  Silence settled after the call for the ship's cat. Peggy slowly picked her way through the debris till she heard what she most feared she wouldn't. "Reowr?"  And out from a loose panel, Gray poked his head out. Immediately her shoulders relaxed and her mind cleared. "Good ta see ya nugget. Let's get to work."  The cat growled disagreeably but meandered his way to her side.

Dirt and grease were already smudged on her arms and face by the time Kelley came to check-in. She smiled. He was always kind and concerned for Attie. It made sense for him to worry about the ship, but his manner was in a way that he seemed to understand she wasn't just a box that floated. Peggy appreciated it. "No need to take her to a bone orchard, but she's a bag o'nails right now. I'll get 'er fixed up, lickety split."  She looked around and scratched the top of her head with a wrench. "Well, maybe not lickety split. But by mornin' we should be good to burn the breeze again."

Peggy turned to resume her work, but called over her shoulder as he started to walk away. "Make sure we keep those rides of theirs. I can get parts off 'em. If there's no magic jinglin' the others don' think it's valuable."  Her words began to be muffled as she slid under the main console, though should any hear, it was obvious the mechanic prattled on about the lack of appreciation others had for mundane value to useful items. Her monologue continued, diverting to discuss with Gray the damage to the Atlas Wake.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Free: Your action goes here.
Swift: Your action goes here.
Action: All the punching possible with Foot Stomp
Move: Run to Slim
Reaction: Your reaction goes here.

Notes:

Statblock

Peggy Mae Stubbs
Human Unchained Softstrike Monk (7)

Str +4 (19)   Dex +2 (14)   Con +2 (14)   Int +0 (10)   Wis +4 (18)   Cha +0 (10)
Speed 50 ft   Initiative +2   

Languages Common
Traits Heavy Hitter, Bandit (Strength)

• Unarmed Strike +13/+13 (/+13)attack, 2d8+6 bludgeoning

Skills 

Acrobatics (7) +12 Heal - +2 Sense Motive (7) +14
Climb (7) +14 Perception (7) +19 Sleight of Hand - +2
Disable Device - +2 Profession (Mechanic) (7) +16 Stealth - +2
Escape Artist (7) +12 Profession (Pilot) (7) +18 Survival - +4
Fly - +2 Ride - +2 Swim - +4

Weapons aklys, bolas, club, light flail, light mace, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sap, sling, and any weapon with the monk special quality that can deal bludgeoning damage
Armor None
Feats Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Weapon Focus - Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Combat Reflexes, Extra Ki, Deflect Arrows, Stand Still

Class Features Flurry of Blows, Non-Lethal Strike, Feather Touch, Tenet of Life, Evasion, Fast Movement, Ki Pool (9), Ki Strike (Magic), Ki Power - Zephyr Blow (1ki), Still Mind, Purity of Body, Style Strike - Stomp Foot, Life Giving Blows, Ki Power - Qinggong Power (Barkskin, 1 ki), Ki Strike (Cold Iron/Silver)

Equipment cash on hand $3,700

Handy Haversack, Eyes of the Eagle, Monk's Robe, Traveler's Any Tool
Masterwork Mechanics Tools

Name
Mechanics to fix Attie
1d20+18 6

image.jpeg.de151fb1c42ab24bbf71ee5e95d14ce4.jpegThe business with Slim done and the ship properly repaired (though it will take a while for the smell to go away), life aboard returns to normal. At dinner Sal regales the group with stories, both believable and not, about his time in the wastes and remarks gleefully about how the party gave Dirk what-for. Two uneventful days pass as the Wake travels through the barren landscape.

The distant spires of the ruins come into view and Sal directs the group into it, avoiding poisonous clouds and precarious uproots of rotting steel that threaten to collapse. Eventually, you come to a deep cave opening at the base of one of the spires. He says the score is inside the cave. He hands out gas masks to the group 'just in case' and suits up to enter. During the trip he's made a proper holster out of canvas and leather for his new sidearm and shoulders his rifle along side his pack full of new equipment.

What prep does the party need and what is to be done with the Atlas Wake as you go in?

In Town (default list)

Condition

Zen looks on as Slim disarmed, dishevelled and now disembarked, finds himself at the mercy of the wastes with a long road before him that would perhaps find him distressed, perhaps dismembered. Slim, that's his chances, she thinks to herself, even though she'd effectively cleaned up the battlefield so there was nothing to attract predatory scavengers. She ponders what she'll do with Everett, who'd been less than useful thus far. It occurs to her that if she drops Everett overboard some distance from the battlefield, it might improve Slim's chances. The idea of it acting as a decoy close to the ruins, doesn't fly. Carrying a dressed, as in disemboweled, corpse into the ruins on the offchance they ran into something didn't seem like a practical tactic. So, she waits until the AW flies several miles in the opposite direction from Slim's likely path, prays for the dead man's soul and then drops Everett overboard, watching him fall to crumple and shatter on the hard earth below.

-------------------------

There was a definite 'look on my works, ye mighty and despair' appeal to the Wastes in these parts. The towering ruins were akin to profane fingers sprouting out of the ground reaching for heaven. Hubris. It was a testament to the ambition of the human spirit. Flying in amongst it all, these decaying monuments of failure, she couldn't help but feel that man would try again, fail and then try again. It wasn't in their nature not to. Define noble.. standing up again when you've been beaten down times beyond numbering.

And so, she sat at the rear the vessel, near the blunt end and played her dulcitar for any restless spirit that might be nearby, not as an appeasement but as a tribute. And so she plays song after song, plucking the strings with reverence. She settles on Adagio for Strings, Concierto de Aranjuez, Mars the Bringer of War and War is bloody and Soulless, working her way through them one at a time.

--------------------------

When the moment came to decide what to do with their ride, it occurs to her, as the issue of how to protect an occupied AW comes up, that filling her with obedient undead had its attractions. It was a definite face palm moment as it occurs to her that Everett could be far more useful than she's realized previously.

"Perhaps we can find a 'difficult to get to' mooring?", she suggests, in her usual nonchalant husky purr . "Crook can you have a look around for somewhere difficult to get to where we can moor the ship?"

Crook, Zen's irridescent thrush familiar, perched on her shoulder, pipes up with "Nae wucking furries, Dollface. Ah'll take a quick shufty. Be back before a bear can take a shit in the woods.", he replies, sounding as ever like a dockside thug, before departing in a flurry of wings for a brief look around.

Name
Performance strings
1d20+16 18