Character Creation

Penchant

Create a thread in the 'Applications' folder. This is where all of your character will live. Be sure to read the setting background, both so it can inform your character and so you know just what you are getting yourself into.

Questions and answers go here.

You will start at 10th level with a 25 point buy for ability scores.

Races available to play are: Human only, though all of the alternate racial traits are available (those that do not cost RP). This is a human centric game and other species will appear as NPCs only.

You begin with 2 traits free

Guns are Everywhere

Automatic Bonus Progression is in effect

Standard WBL for 10th level, divided by half as per ABP ($31,000)

Unchained Classes preferred over not.

Divine classes all belong to the Horologian faith. No you cannot worship a concept instead.

No, we are not using Elephant in the Room feat tax rules.

Effects that increase threat range increase it by +2 rather than doubling it.

Potions are single use hypodermic injectables rather than drinkable bottles. Potions can be consumed as a move action if already in hand. Up to two potions can be kept in a belt clip and drawn as a swift action each. Only one belt clip can be worn per character at time.

Wands are no longer sticks. Spells are distilled into Spirits that must be used with either a Spirits Injector (for melee touch spells) or a Spirits caster (for ranged spells). Costs and crunch otherwise remain the same.

When wielding two weapons, one can make a single attack with each as a standard action while suffering the usual to-hit penalty.

When wielding a magic weapon in the primary hand and a nonmagical weapon in the off hand, both weapons benefit from the magic enchantments. Some effects like Defending do not stack or duplicate.

yes, Spheres of Power and Spheres of Might are available. (NOTE, I am not very familiar with Spheres so keep it simple and avoid power builds)

For Horologian clerics All domains are available

No Path of War.

For classes that get an exotic weapon proficiency that is replaced by 'Guns are everywhere' You can get a replacement exotic weapon proficiency.

For classes that start with a free firearm the Nagant revolver or Mosin Nagant rifle are available as options.

If you have a light or one handed ranged weapon in one hand and a melee in your off hand then you don't provoke for firing in melee if you don't make attacks with the melee (using it to guard).

Rapid Reload can be taken for firearms, reducing their reload time by one step.

Background skill rules are in effect.

You can take a drawback for one additional trait.

Hit points are at 100%

Edited by Penchant (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Your characters will be Imperial Marshals, tasked with upholding the Law. This does not mean that you have to be personally lawful or even good, but you must be able to represent the Law, both as an institution and an ideal. There are many flawed and corrupt parts of the Empire but you will not be it. You may even be at odds with other representatives of the Law and have to navigate that politically.

The theme is Dieselpunk and your level of technology is WW2 era along with modern sensibilities. This is contrasted with the regions you will be sent to police which are much more late 1800's wild west America.

Edited by Penchant (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

So, is the dual wielding sphere obsolete, or do we all start with the relevant talents on it?

Are legendary talents avaialble?

Could the mosin nagant rifle count as a polearm to carry a banner?

Are spheres Oaths available?

9 hours ago, Eborne1 said:

What are the accepted character(s)... For sake of not creating a redundant character application.

Eh, my players are waffling about quite a bit. But I wouldn't worry about redundancy. I don't do niche protection as far as character builds go. I can run with six fighters or six bards if need be. Build a character that is inspired by the setting and inspires you and it will speak for itself.

6 hours ago, Irrelephant668 said:

Can we take a drawback for an extra trait?

Yeah, okay.

1. For Martial Traditions from the Spheres of Might system do you have issues customizing traditions with approval by you? My example tradition I want is in the spoiler below. It is based on the Steppe Rider Tradition.

Wastes Rider

The Vast Wastes demand many skills to survive. A Wastes Rider survives by the speed of his Iron Horse and the accuracy of their gun. Whether raider or cattleman a lasso is also a primary tool in the Wastes for capturing creatures alive.

Equipment: Outrider Training, Net Master

Tech Sphere: Drone

Obvious Activation (Tech): Collapsable Vehicle

Variable Sphere: Wastes Riders can choose either the Barrage Sphere or the Sniper Sphere when they gain this Martial Tradition.

2. Are there any stats rules or prices for Iron Horses if we don’t gain the ability to make our own?

3. Does the Magic Weapon main hand and Non Magic off hand sharing enhancements include Weapon Attunement bonus?

4. If a Spheres of Might Discipline talent gives us an Exotic Weapon Proficiency that Guns Everywhere eliminates does that still qualify for the replacement proficiency mentioned above?

15 minutes ago, bcool999 said:

1. For Martial Traditions from the Spheres of Might system do you have issues customizing traditions with approval by you? My example tradition I want is in the spoiler below. It is based on the Steppe Rider Tradition.

Wastes Rider

The Vast Wastes demand many skills to survive. A Wastes Rider survives by the speed of his Iron Horse and the accuracy of their gun. Whether raider or cattleman a lasso is also a primary tool in the Wastes for capturing creatures alive.

Equipment: Outrider Training, Net Master

Tech Sphere: Drone

Obvious Activation (Tech): Collapsable Vehicle

Variable Sphere: Wastes Riders can choose either the Barrage Sphere or the Sniper Sphere when they gain this Martial Tradition.

2. Are there any stats rules or prices for Iron Horses if we don’t gain the ability to make our own?

3. Does the Magic Weapon main hand and Non Magic off hand sharing enhancements include Weapon Attunement bonus?

4. If a Spheres of Might Discipline talent gives us an Exotic Weapon Proficiency that Guns Everywhere eliminates does that still qualify for the replacement proficiency mentioned above?

1. I'm a spheres noob so no custom stuff this time.

2. It's the same stats and prices as real horses. They're just palette swapped to be cool. You can still name it though :)

3. Yes.

4. Yes.