Only One

Grudge

Within a few hours the senses pick up the Captain approaching but can tell something off with his aura. When comes into view you can see a flicking aura around him and he flicks in and out of the visible spectrum when i comes to any video or recording devices running. Almost your your vampire nature none of them can catch his image.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpg

Sam just sighs "Answering the call is all I asked, not before sleep spanking." He just turns the chair from the call apparatus and does the only thing he can do under the circumstances. Wait.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

As Capt comes within 15 feet throws you a brace "We need to move, gig is up." As he says that you her the sound of jets and troop transports taking off off from outside the zone. When you put it on you start to flicker like he does. " It blocks the nanobots from detecting you, we have been reported as aliens and they are coming for us, rest are safe but only as long as our techomage wills it. It was dumb of you to antagonize her directly. We need to move." With that he starts to move away without waiting for the reason you contacted him.

Samuel places the brace without question "I needed something and they were difficult without reason, I just did some mild mind manipulation. I had no idea they had a Vampire lore here." He approaches his corner and picks up the notebook with his work and vaccine prototype. He dumps the laptop into a vat of green liquid that immediately starts to foam. Then press several buttons on the wall. Then moves toward the exit "We have 5 minutes before the place destroys all physical evidence." He takes place in the vehicle. "We both know I have to die eventually, what do you want me to do after?"

HE doesnt stop heading to the border of the control zone. " I will meet you outside the zone, am sure you can get out yourself. if they dont catch up with you before you get whatever you think you need...." With that he moves at full speed and is gone.

THe HUDS of the group get a msg " The techomage reported us, Samuel and I are relocating we will contact you when you are out in the world, i had to burn my contact to get this info so you are still all in danger if she has connected us, stay alert for her betrayal. Out."

As you get out of the lab you can hear the airships about 2 rounds out and the ground trucks about 10 rounds away moving at full speed towards the dense packed centre of the camp.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSam couldn't resist sending one last barb shooting strong telepathic message after vehicle while it lingered in the air "Maybe I should've slaughtered them then and there, I doubt I'll have a better chance. You'd be happy then massa? Good talk though." Samuel was aware that he was allowed a long leash and the fact Captain trusted him not to need babysitting was a compliment...sort of. Still just being in proximity of him raised his hackles.

He shakes his head, disperses into a mist, and crosses the boundary like the last time. However this time he takes his time hovering around until he finds a suitable cave. Turning into a bat he flies inside and it doesn't take long until he finds a colony of at least 100 little buggers. He uses his powers to gain acceptance and mingles among them vanishing into the crowd of wings and large ears. Although gaining acceptance meant that two bats at the side of him immediately moved closer for warmth and, one behind him started grooming his fur for parasites. While one in front hunches expecting the same from him. He resists a brief urge to set them all on fire and gets to work cleaning the back of his neighbor from lice and alike.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSam looks around and almost nods approvingly. This was...livable. Less social but he preferred his new...roommates to the chittering. The fact that he did not have to breathe helped, and the fact that they had arms....a skeleton with one arm and just a few dry pieces of skin on its skull drags a chair past him... Sam pauses a moment. The fact that most had arms made things practical. Vampire sits on a nearby prehistoric sofa, although his abode in town wasn't better it had power...and a data pad. Samuel takes his notebook and ink pen and starts writing, from time pausing to check the old, faded, near-illegible map. After some 15 minutes, he raises his hand and sends a mind impulse. Several seconds later a bat comes and lands on his fingers.

He looks at the little animal and smiles, the age-old symbol of his species. "I never imagined myself like an old-timey Vampire, Anthony, but necessity and all that." He scratches it under its nearly non-existent neck at which it raises his head like it asks for more, almost like a dog, albeit one that looks at the floor when it looks up. No time for play though, he implants the mammal with the information package and it vanishes into darkness. Sam continued writing while some he assumed temporary, abodes. The map already had 4 red circles added to it and if his math was correct fifth was gonna be added soon.

Wherever Theo is he lets out an audible sign even though he does not breathe. Dealing with his created vampire was always like putting his hand in a meat grinder, painful with no reward.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgThe bat flies through the window and falls on the sofa near Samuel where he was reading the book Captain borrowed him, or more precisely only the book Captain deign to borrow him to read from his vast private library. It was a collection of short memoirs from a Wizard named Volo, from somewhere called Faerun. While wizard memoirs were more about various creatures, some Sam had already met elsewhere, but there were plenty that seemed exclusive to that particular land or continent, Sam wasn't clear on that, as Wizard treated it as normal everyone would hear about it. It was a decent read, he wondered how long he will have to beg before he gets another one once he's done when the bat rolls to his leg. There are several cuts on the animal and one of his Wings looks pierced completely.

He ignores the chattering of the bat, trying to concentrate. Normal healing magic came hard to him on account that he was well that, the healing magic he used would make his friend markedly not better...and dead. "Anthony it is quite obvious which path she chose, now hush for a second." There is actually a bead of blood rolling from his forehead as his finger begins to glow golden color and immediately starts to release smoke as it is about to burst into flames. But soon the hole on the wing is gone and cuts closed. He huffs and waves his finger whose tip was redish for a moment until his natural healing took over. The bat straightens and after a few clumsy tries flies upward and hangs from the beam looking at Sam who stands up and moves toward the window.

"Give a woman who hates you the chance to throw you in a meat grinder, slowly and feet first if she wishes, on a silver platter. And she will choose path B just to spite you." Bat makes it like he's about to move after him "No, you've done enough for tonight. Besides if I don't move myself, certain someone will say I spent my night with an ass on a sofa... which is true, but coordinating all that critters from here, with your help naturally, was no small feat. Now rest, I'll be back...eventually." Samuel melts into the darkness and is gone

Wherever Samuel goes he has only moments of peace before the Capt shows up.

"With the loss of our personas we have to plan on what to do next. The infected are a resource I want to use and with our true unliving powers should be able to overcome whatever leadership they have to use for our purposes. I need you to go to their lands and do some recon on the best way to take over their society and report back. Don't rush it we need a sure way to take over. I will work on new identities for us but will wait till our crew is settled and am sure the girl is working with us before setting anything else up. Any questions? I won't need you to find the ship I also have my soul gem there so I can leave this vessel and return in a few days on the ship. "

"One of my contacts survived, a criminal one as suspected, although he will lay low for now." He hands over the Captain's written down address "His hideout, he owes me his life, plus generous pay I was giving him. If you need some wetwork done, or a common crime that's under you. Use him if needed. A poor substitute for your contacts but better than nothing."

Sam cracks his joints "All my weapons and equipment are on the ship, food supply aside. Without armor and food, I will survive but it would be appreciated if you could arrange a Hush Sonic Suppressor Handgun and Corpse Fleet Officer Dueling Sword (in reality both already bought and paid for)." He moves toward what he converted into a scrapyard lab and empties the current inventory from the backpack, replacing it with things he thought he'd need for his current assignment.

"Only one question, do you want a sample of the virus?" He takes from the specially reinforced box a vial and offers it to the Captain. Together with some 50 pages of detailed notes. "Thing for which I did "stupid move" Meta vaccine prototype in its base form, could be a useful bargaining chip, since it is in the base form it can be easily adapted to do the opposite of what it meant to. So technically it can prevent the spread of Metas or ensure everyone is Meta, exterminating Humanity within one generation. Cure and bioweapon in one depending on how it's used. Notes detail procedure. Notes are, naturally, copies but the sample is unique. Making another one here would be impossible, so if you don't bargain it I'd appreciate it back."

There is a nod of approval, that is all the thanks he gets for the contact info.

"I will have to give up this body to give her the evidence she needs, you will also have to give something up, put out your arm..." That last statement as the weight of command and you do it without fail. In a flash, the Capt mono blade removes the dead arm at the shoulder and catches it before it hits the ground. Samuel feels nothing and only a small amount of blood falls as he has not fled in a while.

"Wait till you part heal then make your way to the infected homeland, if you play it right you can say you lost it getting out to their lands, but i will leave it up to you have your complete your task. I will send you your equipment once i return to the ship will be some time before i reform on it though. Your bloodbag and your child are in status so should be fine."