connections

drealynn

This is completely optional discussions for character connections can go here. Other connections to think about are what heroes would you know or had encountered? Any villains that you've had to stop or have a connection to?

@eltorin  @sxeBUDDHA @Inquisitor D @Rook_Gamer @Civit @cybersavant

I'm going to be treating the setting like its own timeline. Leaning more towards the MCU than the current comics universe. Timeline wise thinking a little after No Way Home.

Any major events that happened before the story are more than welcome.

Oooh, fun fun fuuun! :)

Vic was a regular civilian until pretty recently. She followed superhero stuff enough to have some knowledge of heroes: she's totally seen Rogers, The Musical, and has some Avengers merch. She prooobably doesn't have the same level of knowledge of street crime, but might have witnessed some of the events of the Hawkeye show?

I'm actually way less familiar with the events of the movies, so if there's any event there that could fit for a tie in, I'm down for that. In terms of ties towards other heroes... mmm. Strange mentored another young NYC girl with magic: America Chavez, right? Vic may have been asked to attend the Sanctum Sanctorum, Strange a bit on edge about her powers and their source... but Alpaca Man might have managed to keep her off his radar.

Painter also have Famous, and I've been trying to work out what to do with that. She could be famous as a hero or in her civilian identity, but if that helps anyone form a link, I can run with that.

Based on MCU, I would imagine Kate knows:

Obviously she has fought Kingpin and knows Echo.

Danny Rand as a fellow "child of privilege "

Colleen Wing as competition in the detective biz (although the MCU version of her is a bit different)

Jessica Jones, in the comics she sees Jessica as a mentor but they haven't met in MCU, so how closely she knows JJ in this world ???

Matt Murdock... but doesn't know or only suspects he is Daredevil

Luke Cage, depending on the direction we go with JJ, Kate would know him.

Spiderman, I'm guessing any of us that have operated in NYC have at least crossed paths with him.

Yelena Belova, friends in the comics, sorta in mcu more frenemies.

If Patriot and I decide to go post relationship, we would know Cassie Lang, Wiccan, America Chavez (who have been in MCU), iron Lad, Nor Varr and Hulkling (who have not)

Edited by Civit (see edit history)

Oh yeah! With the comics continuity Patriot and Kate would've met Kang since... well thanks to Iron Lad, he was technically their ex team mate!

*hums* I wonder if Vic has met Spider Man. I kinda like the idea that, despite being a NYC native, somehow she's never gotten to see him personally and is a little annoyed about it. ;) "He's part of New York! Our hero! How come I always miss him?!"

T.E.K.NO. has been working with MCU S.H.I.E.L.D., living in main city helping monitoring and collecting data on the super-powered entities, good and bad.

I hope it's okay that T.E.K.NO.'s a 16 year old emancipated minor since 10 years old. Not famous. He's reached out to almost every super-powered individual that has made a public presence in this one particular city. T.E.K.NO. tries to keep remote in any task. T.E.K.NO. helps to implement several machine-intelligent systems in place throughout the city.

"Nice to make acquaintance with you. Your friendly ally, T.E.K.NO."

S.K.I.N. helps balance T.E.K.NO.'s less social life behavior. S.K.I.N. the white symbiote entity experiences whatever the night life has to offer. S.K.I.N. contributes PSA on several social media platforms to keep the city's inhabitants safe, aware, and ready to act whenever super-powered events happen. Together, they experience many things life has to offer them.

He helps the military keep order in those particular unpredictable times when the U.S. military needs to intervene. US Department of Defense has assigned him to work with S.H.I.E.L.D.

T.E.K.NO. has designed a map pattern of superpower activity and frequency in this town. He help designate zones and anticipate situations. This helps T.E.K.NO. to avoid certain areas that his calculations expect frequent superpower events.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is careful with any mechanical or electronic equipment that has gone through T.E.K.NO.'s possession or proximity.

since its going to be awhile before we start how does everyone feel about a "bar with no name" setting where everyone can introduce their characters while we wait?

another option is to start early if everyone is free to post over the holidays.

if your done with your character let me know with a thumbs up and then post initiative in the danger room for a short combat to sort out rules etc.

if not ready give me a thumbs down and any questions you have.

@eltorin @sxeBUDDHA @Inquisitor D @cybersavant @Civit

@Rook_Gamer

everyone should also have an invite to the game too if you didn't already join.

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)

Starting gear is not really a thing in this system other then what goes with your power set. For example Hawkeye will be assumed to always have arrows and a bow unless the narrative changes etc. whatever you need to use your powers or makes sense for the character to have.

For team maneuvers any group of more then two heroes can decide on the following options before rolling initiative once per fight.

Offense the team members all get an edge on any attack they make this round

defense the team members all have damage reduction 2 for this round

rally team all actions taken against team members have trouble this round

this costs all heroes who participate 5 focus points everyone will have better options when we level up too.

feel free to chose one for the danger room

The tavern is also up for some optional roleplay.

Early PRESENT I've decided to move up the deadline for applications to the day after Christmas the 26th of December!

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)