OOC (NCR)

hakootoko

7 minutes ago, Couch Potato Rex said:

@Laird_Thorne Quick question, was both the rolls a success? I ask because Jane has Defense 2, unlike most folks, given her high AGI. Hoping she actually dodged that hit, 🥺.

Thank you for that! It does appear that it needed a 10 or less. so You did manage to twist out of the way. :)

I'll amend the post (again.. lol).

Sorry, sat here like a doofus wondering whose turn it was. S-M-R-T, that's me!

I pre-rolled that held action just in case, not bad results at all, but it's probably dead before Jane can shoot. That was a good reminder, for the future, to look into effects to add onto the pistol if the opportunity arises, heh.

Just posted a thread in the OOC section about Game Mechanics. This is there. :)

When you level up:

• Your maximum health points increase by +1.
  • You choose one skill to increase by 1 rank, up to a maximum of 6.
  • You gain a single perk. Most perks have some requirements which your character must meet for you to select that perk, such as a specific level, a high enough S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attribute, or another aspect of your character.

The hardest choice was the skill... that'll get easier in a few levels, since her skill cap is rank 4.

Sarah is taking Intensive Training (S), +1 Survival, and of course +1 hp.

Decided to go simple for now. Picked up Gunslinger and +1 Small Guns and added a spoiler at the bottom of the character sheet to track level progression.

I thought about Scrounger or one other scavenging perks, but I don't think I completely understand how much of an improvement they provide just yet. Awareness was appealing, but you need to roll Effects to proc it so I figured the extra damage die (Gunslinger) was a good initial step. Gun Fu might be a good long term plan, but I'd need one more AGI and it appears to burn through AP and ammo; still it looks cool. Lastly I considered more craft perks like Gun Nut which would be helpful, but maybe a bit situational given our current circumstances. Truth be told I was kinda relieved Jane's specials prohibited some choices and helped to narrow down options, lol.

I'm curious what, if any, plans folk have for their own characters. I keep looking at Demolition Expert and wondering if I should have narrowed Jane's concept a little more to start with. Or maybe that's just the RPG equivalent to buyer's remorse in a new (to me) system, 😏.