Chapter 2: Hellknight Hill

Eagleheart

Posted (edited)

spacer.pngThe older warg snorts at Corwyn. "Sure, whatever. We don't usually eat things that can fight back, anyway."

Helba slowly regains consciousness, though she's still unsteady. She tries to stand up and almost falls down again, but the other goblins help her stay on her feet.

"Oof, I feel like I got kicked in the head by a dragon," she grumbles.

"That's because you did," says one of the other goblins.

"Oh. Okay then." She smiles a little bit, then looks at you. "Hello. I assume you're from Breachill? We don't get visitors very often, but I'm glad you're here. We need some help..."

"I already told them about the Cinderclaws,"
 says Leeko.

Helba nods. "They ran us out of the vaults and blocked the stairway. But no worries - we have a secret entrance! Did you tell them about that, Leeko?"

"No, ma'am."

"Good. If you did, I'd have to kill you."
She pauses and groans, rubbing her temples. "But I'm a little too tired to kill anyone right now."

Leeko smirks. "Let's get you to Breachill, boss. You need a doctor, and these folks need to report back, anyway."

Helba nods. "Very well. Lead the way."

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)

Ketu the Ghost

spacer.png"Actually, if you're going back to Breachill anyway, you could report for us. I think most of us are good to continue, as long as we're here?" Ghost looks at the others for confirmation.

"So, about that secret entrance..?"

Mechanics

Ketu the Ghost Character Sheet

Perception +3, low-light vision

Defense AC 15, Fortitude +4, Reflex +5, Will +5, hp 15/15

Conditions

Offense class DC 17

dagger +5, 1d4p (agile, finesse, thrown, versatile S)

crossbow +5, 1d8p (20 bolts)

Focus Points 1/2

Actions

n/a

OOC

n/a

Corwyn - Elf Sylph Kineticist 2 Application Sheetspacer.png

AC: 18 | HP: 30/30 | Fortitude: +10 | Reflex: +8 | Will: +6Perception: +4 | R1 Cold | Conditions:

Since it looks like the wargs got the message and won't be eating any goblins, Corwyn tries to get them to tag a long with us.

"So if we're staying here, where do we find your father? Tell us more about what he has done."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
IMPULSES - DC17, +7
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Base Kinesis spacer.png 30' light bulk, generate, move or suppress
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png Air 60' 1d6 slashing or electricity, or Water 30' 1d8 bludgeoning or cold. For 2 actions add CON to damage
  • Winter's Clutch spacer.png 60' 10' burst 2d4 cold and DT until fire damage
  • Four Winds spacer.png 4 creatures can stride or fly 1/2 speed
  • Oceans Balm spacer.png touch heal 1d8 HP, 10 minute immunity
  • Tidal Hands spacer.png OVERFLOW 1d8 bludgeoning 30' cone or 2 15' cones. Basic Reflex, push 5' on crit.

Notes

Voz and Calmont - bookstore

Tarinlara - mom

Bumblebrashers - goblins at Citadel Altaerein, led by Helba

spacer.png

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

Arionne Amata - Itinerant Scholarimage.png.6158122ad895e3badf8c1e1661802be9.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 19 health-normal.svg HP: 32/32 |halloween_outline-23-512.png Fortitude: +10 | sprint.svg Reflex: +7 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +5 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

Arionne made to say something when Corwyn made his play with the Wargs, but spent too long fumbling with the words trying to decide what. It was hard to even remember to breathe, but as the creatures slunk off she managed to regain her focus. It made dealing with the Goblins even more difficult, of course, but...

Ah...

The discussion of a secret passage into the depths of the fortress changed things. She took a deep breath, and the flickers of flame about her vanished.

"If they give a report, that report will include Calmont here."

She pointed out, loudly enough that the Halfling would be able to hear.

"Which means the citizens of Breech Hill will have already decided what to do with him long before we arrive. You'll have little opportunity to influence their decision then, Syhlas, however you intended it to go."

Isger born but Cheliax raised, Arionne had strong feelings on the nature of law and justice. She'd a deft understanding of the legal code as well, from her time within the Convent, and understood well the fate that likely awaited Calmont if the denizens of Breech Hill kept to any of the ways of civilization.

OOC

image.png.f10fc36f9752b1a117fad650031a5334.png Conditions: Channel Elements, previously cast Armor in Earth action_single_black.png?v=dm-1

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

spacer.png"What if I go into the vaults with you?" offers Calmont. "Call it community service."

The goblins murmur in agreement. "Yeah, we can just tell them the halfling's with you."

Helba clears her throat. "The secret entrance is built into the hillside to the west. The door looks a little bit like a crown. You'll know it when you see it."

With that, the goblins excuse themselves - they all leave together, even Leeko.

"I don't know where Papa is," says one of the young wargs. "He's usually lurking around here, but maybe he's out in the woods right now."

"He hates us because we're girls," says the other one. "He wanted boys."

They proceed into the courtyard, where they see the slain dragon-croc. "Ooooh, you didn't tell us about this thing. It looks tasty."

(I will be posting Chapter 3 soon, but you can continue this conversation in this thread. The wargs will not join you just yet; it will take more than 1 day to convince them)

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)

Rogue1a.jpeg.4698554afb6f993aefb0b1f5fe017d0b.jpegSyhlas Yaeder (Character sheet) Chaotic Good Human Rogue 1
HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | Perc +5 | Fort +7 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Speed: 25 ft.
Active Conditions:

Syhlas grins broadly at Arionne's comment. "You underestimate me Arionne."

"Calmont, as I said stay with me and help us cleanse this castle. Then I will do everything I can to make your punishment less severe. But you must take responsibility for what you did at the Town Hall."

Then turning to his companions. "He can be of use if we meet Voz or find that ring he spoke about."

Arionne Amata - Itinerant Scholarimage.png.6158122ad895e3badf8c1e1661802be9.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 19 health-normal.svg HP: 32/32 |halloween_outline-23-512.png Fortitude: +10 | sprint.svg Reflex: +7 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +5 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

Arionne made a sweeping gesture with one hand, palm up, as if to invite Syhlas to show her.

"I look forward to seeing your performance then."

She said politely, with no hint of mockery in her voice. 

"For now though, it sounds like we have a way below. I would very much like to take it.  If we find Calmont's employer in our search, and especially if we find this ring, we will have more information to present to the elders."

She was careful with her words, saying "more information" rather than proof that things were as Calmont said. She suspected something was up, otherwise the Halfling's actions were utterly irrational. Yet they had only been given one side of the story. They needed more information, and to do that they needed to find Voz.

OOC

image.png.f10fc36f9752b1a117fad650031a5334.png Conditions: Channel Elements, previously cast Armor in Earth action_single_black.png?v=dm-1

Corwyn - Elf Sylph Kineticist 2 Application Sheetspacer.png

AC: 18 | HP: 30/30 | Fortitude: +10 | Reflex: +8 | Will: +6Perception: +4 | R1 Cold | Conditions:

Corwyn says goodbye to the Wargs for now.

"We need to go explore underneath the castle. After that we'll try to find your father. Enjoy the lizard meat. And remember. No goblins."

He then moves to help find the secret door.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
IMPULSES - DC18, +8
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Base Kinesis spacer.png 30' light bulk, generate, move or suppress
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png Air 60' 1d6 slashing or electricity, or Water 30' 1d8 bludgeoning or cold. For 2 actions add CON to damage
  • Winter's Clutch spacer.png 60' 10' burst 2d4 cold and DT until fire damage
  • Four Winds spacer.png 4 creatures can stride or fly 1/2 speed
  • Oceans Balm spacer.png touch heal 1d8 HP, 10 minute immunity
  • Tidal Hands spacer.png OVERFLOW 1d8 bludgeoning 30' cone or 2 15' cones. Basic Reflex, push 5' on crit.

Notes

Voz and Calmont - bookstore
Tarinlara - mom
Bumblebrashers - goblins at Citadel Altaerein, led by Helba
Warbal - goblin in Breachill
Leeko - goblin in bugbear room

spacer.png

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)