Session Zero

GM Saint

So here we're going to go over some general rules and regulations for participating in this game.

1) The game is set modern day (ish) and current events could naturally come up in conversation. This is fine and it's even important to lend credibility to the game. It's important we keep our political hot takes to ourselves though. Making a one off comment is fine but this game isn't the place for discussion.

2) This game is rated "R" thanks to the in character aspect being hosted on a private Discord server. So swearing is fine but it's important to still regulate what you say a bit, particularly hate speech or overly sexually charged commentary.

3) All characters are expected to generally be good people and if not previously very heroic, willing to evolve into heroism. If your character's plan is to bunker down and hide while other people deal with this problem... go reroll a character who wants to be in a D&D game.

4) "This is really disruptive" "LOl idk it's what my character would do" "Well reroll someone who isn't a-"

5) Post one time in this thread with /signed to prove you read this. If you post a character sheet before you do this, it just tells me you didn't and I'm gonna call it out.

6) PVP is mutually consensual only.

7) Romance is fine. I like it when romance happens in games as it usually means players are immersed. That said, this is a time you discuss that out of character and agree before anything goes on in character.

8) "I mind control the dog and use it to run down the hallway to find traps" "Go reroll someone who isn't a-" I mean it. Good people here. Can be troubled, can have your demons, but generally good people.

9) Despite the R rating, violence need not be needlessly graphic all the time. Sexual content should be reigned down even to PG-13. Themes like child murder, sexual assault or torture are NOT welcome in this game in any capacity and you can take this as much as a promise from me as a rule for you.

10) Any racially charged language or ideas should be kept to yourself. The game is set modern America, yes. We all know we have problems with race still. This game should be an escape from that. There are vampires now. Nobody has time for this.