Redemption - General Hangout (Everyone Welcome)

True Neutral Human Monk/Ranger...

I think I've done this quiz before. I'm like one away from elf or halfling. The rest are pretty solid, leaning much more good than evil. Call it, sympathy for the devil monk/ranger.

Are these 3.5 classes?

27 minutes ago, Varen Tai said:

Players, ping us on your char sheet thread when you're ready for us to take a look at your stats/equipment/etc. We'll hold off commenting until you're ready.

Are there character creation rules I'm missing?

4 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

@Wizard of the Coat hiiii! Was hoping we'd get to play together again!

Good to see you made it! Looking forward to playing with you again!

And welcome to everyone else as well! I'm really looking forward to playing with all of you! Always fun to share a game with you, Basil!

If any of the rest of you have played with me before, please jog my memory (not the way Fessik does).

I believe that I have my mechanics set in the char sheet now, along with weapons and armor. I don't want to hold things up picking through equipment and bonus languages. Looking for quick-resolution suggestions for that, please?

She could also use more background detailing. But that's always true. We'll be waiting on me forever if I just keep adding to that.

Languages - in general, I'd much rather that you use the PHB info as a guideline, and then figure out what languages would make sense for the character. Not that you can't toss in a Giantish in there and say, "Had the unusual opportunity to learn Giantish from a friendly Fire Giant at one of my universities!" or somesuch because I'm all about the surprising details of life.

Also, I've noted that independent of intelligence to a degree is the ability to learn languages. I am quite bright but cannot for the life of me keep vocabulary in my head and only have a bare smattering of ASL and German still kicking around, but a military acquaintance of mine who was generally less bright than myself could learn them over breakfast. You are free to determine if your PC is one of those more extremes or somewhere in the middle. I am not going to get too wound up about known languages by PCs, though I will be a stickler about them in game.