Redemption - General Hangout (Everyone Welcome)

I feel I really should ask by now, but am I supposed to be able to see all of this? I am not minding the pseudo sneak peaks, and clearly emphatic book suggestions, but I was unsure if these were for the main cat only so-to-speak.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, TheRedGoat said:

I feel I really should ask by now, but am I supposed to be able to see all of this? I am not minding the pseudo sneak peaks, and clearly emphatic book suggestions, but I was unsure if these were for the main cat only so-to-speak.

The OOC thread is public and available for everyone to read and to comment on. If it gets too tangled once we start the game, I'll create a separate hangout thread for everyone and a specific game OOC that's for just the players.

But in the meantime, come hang out and chat! 😁

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

On 1/5/2024 at 11:34 AM, Varen Tai said:

In more formal news, we're hoping to have the first post of the game go live either this weekend or early next week. Depends on some particular plot structures we have to hammer out. This has been a long time in coming, and we are excited!

Still got my fingers crossed for "this weekend." 🤩

1 hour ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Still got my fingers crossed for "this weekend." 🤩

Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh, that's not looking great. NE and I need to chat and he's been busy doing "chores" or whatever a "responsible person" does instead of blowing his Wis check and working on the game instead. I mean, I get that his wife is an awesome human being and needs some love and attention and all, but I figured all of US are pretty awesome as well. PRIORITIES, MAN!

OK, fine, he's doing exactly what he needs to be doing. I guess that instead of playing Baldur's Gate 3 or the current free Epic game, Guardians of the Galaxy, I'll start doing GM work instead. I just expect everyone else to make the sacrifices instead of me, because I'm special.

My wife just corrected me. I am loved, but not special. Time to get to work! 😁

That is the most amazing meme that I've ever seen and I've instantly sent it to so many people and they all know its truth on a visceral level.

To be fair, I spent my day working with our housemate to put together a giant piece of furniture for my wife. So she is well pleased.

I'm also very tired.

Tomorrow I get to play D&D, though, and make important life changing decisions about the future of my job and career. This weekend is full of no pressure activities.

10 minutes ago, Nighteyes5678 said:

That is the most amazing meme that I've ever seen and I've instantly sent it to so many people and they all know its truth on a visceral level.

To be fair, I spent my day working with our housemate to put together a giant piece of furniture for my wife. So she is well pleased.

I'm also very tired.

Tomorrow I get to play D&D, though, and make important life changing decisions about the future of my job and career. This weekend is full of no pressure activities.

GL on the job thing. I myself just interviewed for a new job... lateral career move but higher upside. So completely understand :P

Posted (edited)

Update!

NE and I spoke over the weekend, I am currently drafting the first IC post! Expect the game to launch today or tomorrow!

Secondly, the goal for the IC thread is for anyone (re-)reading it to have zero crunchy bits or other items that will pull them out of the flow of the story more than PbP brings to the table already. The most we'll want is your character name, typed in bold at the top of each IC post you do so it's immediately clear who is posting. Keep the crunchy bits to this thread.

In other news, and relevant to the meme above, last night my wife and I played Near and Far, the sequel board game to Above and Below, for the first time and really enjoyed it! What board games do y'all particularly enjoy? I know I've got a collection of around 125 with a couple of kickstarters coming my way this year fairly soon.

EDIT: Players, please post a sample text in your chosen speech font. Don't give any character spoilers, we just want a sample so we can iron out any duplicates before the game begins. Also, no bold, please. The color should be enough to stand out on its own.

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

Just now, Rumrunner said:

That's great news! Aside from the bolded character name, should we be using our character pictures in posts?

So that's a good question. The answer: Maybe? We can try it and see if it's too distracting to the narrative flow or not. If so, we can always go back and edit. Just don't make the pic too large.

Double click the image, drop the size to something around 150-300 and Right-align it. Boom, it's out of the way.

Are we really all going to have different fonts for dialogue or just picking unique colors? Color-wise, make sure to pick a universal one so that it carries over into each MW theme without too much eye-bleed.

My Friday night gaming group has been on 'Gen Con Guilt' games since August instead of our typical D&D campaign. Throw in a few kickstarter games that have magically shown up, and we're at quite the backlog. I think the GM wanted a break anyways, as it's a bit difficult to come up with 'fun' stuff for a two-player campaign (especially when one of the players is mostly there for the company and the combat).

We play a lot of board games. I recently started keeping track of winners after a spat broke out about who 'hadn't won a game in forever'.

Since the list was made in August, we've played (sometimes multiple times):

Terraforming Mars (Updated version), Creature Comforts, Lost Ruins of Arnak, Wingspan, Ticket to Ride, Empire's End, Apiary, CPU version of Terraforming Mars, Tapestry, Rolling Realms, Barenpark, Earth, Raising Robots, The Fox Experiment, Fantasy Realms, Everdell, Flamecraft, Viticulture, and Cascadia.

Edited by Basil_Bottletop (see edit history)