Redemption - General Hangout (Everyone Welcome)

5 minutes ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

Do you want a regular MW sheet or the post kind? I know there's some talking between the MW sheet and posting like in the olden days, but I don't know if it's just easier to see posted sheets.

First post in this thread indicates the post kind

8 hours ago, Nighteyes5678 said:

It is! I love that series. I need to reread it and get to the end trilogy.

You mean the end trilogies. There are two more trilogies: The Tawny Man trilogy, and the Fitz and the Fool trilogy. I've recently undertaken just what you suggest. I reread the Farseer trilogy. Then started into the Tawny Man trilogy. Currently I've finished the second book of the Tawny Man trilogy. So far, the second trilogy has been just as wonderful as the first--in that same often-melancholic way. I highly recommend this second trilogy!

So while I haven't read the Robin Hobbs Farseer series, I can say that the Graphic Audio versions of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere books are stellar, and perfect for a long commute. 😁

In formal news, both NE and I will go over character sheets before they will be declared finished.

In more formal news, we're hoping to have the first post of the game go live either this weekend or early next week. Depends on some particular plot structures we have to hammer out. This has been a long time in coming, and we are excited!

2 hours ago, Varen Tai said:

So while I haven't read the Robin Hobbs Farseer series, I can say that the Graphic Audio versions of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere books are stellar, and perfect for a long commute. 😁

In formal news, both NE and I will go over character sheets before they will be declared finished.

In more formal news, we're hoping to have the first post of the game go live either this weekend or early next week. Depends on some particular plot structures we have to hammer out. This has been a long time in coming, and we are excited!

So the one I'm seeing is Michael Kramer and Kate Reading, they're pretty great readers. I've already done much of the mistborn series, well... The first bit, stopped at the alloy of law... But Kramer and Kate also read the wheel of time series.

Edit: Just noticed I bought fool's errand at some point... So may just download it.

1 minute ago, Rumrunner said:

So the one I'm seeing is Michael Kramer and Kate Reading, they're pretty great readers. I've already done much of the mistborn series, they also read the wheel of time series.

Yep, those are the main readers for Brandon Sanderson's stuff. Graphic Audio is another thing altogether - it's a full cast recording with music and sound effects. Their tagline is "A movie in your mind!" I love them so much, I waited until the full GA version was out before I did my first go through of the latest Stormlight Archive book. They're more pricey, but worth every penny.

If you've done Mistborn, I'd recommend Warbreaker next, then Elantris, then The Emperor's Soul, then start on the Stormlight Archive, with Way of Kings being the first.

2 minutes ago, Varen Tai said:

Yep, those are the main readers for Brandon Sanderson's stuff. Graphic Audio is another thing altogether - it's a full cast recording with music and sound effects. Their tagline is "A movie in your mind!" I love them so much, I waited until the full GA version was out before I did my first go through of the latest Stormlight Archive book. They're more pricey, but worth every penny.

If you've done Mistborn, I'd recommend Warbreaker next, then Elantris, then The Emperor's Soul, then start on the Stormlight Archive, with Way of Kings being the first.

Where do you get the GA versions?

I should have clarified that I've read all of Robin Hobbs books except for the final trilogy.

And own all of them in hard back.

And have several with personalized autographs.

She is one of my favorite authors. ^_^

Michelle Sagara/West is also right up there if anyone wants more fat fantasy.

3 hours ago, Nighteyes5678 said:

She is one of my favorite authors. ^_^

I really enjoy stories that take you through the main character's life and development from early childhood through to adulthood, so I've read quite a few such stories. Robin's Farseer trilogy has to be one of the best, if not the best, I've ever read!