PbP "Going through the motions" ?

RedMax

On 1/29/2024 at 4:08 PM, Kistler said:

Responding to the first post:

I haven't played a ton in-person, and I've only been doing PBP for two years, but I still think there's some common stuff that should really be toned down in general in tabletop. I feel like there is a great deal of 'up your own buttness', wait there's a better term for that, self involvement that really dominates in PBP. You see characters with familiars or eidolons having whole conversations with themselves, being oh-so-witty and clever, but not talking to the rest of the party. You see protagonist syndrome to the fullest, sometimes just ignoring the rest of the party, sometimes treating them all like sidekicks or village idiots.

It's the ones who who do public multi-paragraph semi-smutty RPs with NPCs they've solely created to "indulge" in that have NOTHING to do with the actual game plot (and will not put it under a spoilerblock) that drive me nuts...

Fortunately I haven't really seen that here. Well, not since the one dude who applied to EVERY 4e game with some Theme that gave him a chained pet, which was always a succubus or something like that. No GM here was ever dumb enough to pick him though (at least not that I saw) and eventually he drifted away.

1 hour ago, leons1701 said:

Fortunately I haven't really seen that here.

There was a guy, about... right before covid I think. Anyways.

This guy came on to Myth like a hard charger, joined three or four games, started one of the Crimson Throne that I was in. Super helpful. Shared a Google doc with me with a bunch of NPC and Monster Art for me to convert over for both of us to use on Roll20.

And then he started trying to pitch games "One on One with a lady, pictures required"

Several of us tried to warn him that Myth wasn't one of those kind of sites.

I don't know if he got booted or just left when no one joined one of his skeevy games.